What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 EF1 (5 v 8) - Raiders 32-20 Sharks @ GIO

Finals Week 1: Raiders v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Finals Week 1
Canberra Raiders v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce
Saturday 3 October 2020

Kickoff 5:40pm - Nine / Fox

TL-CAN20a2.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Semi Valemi 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Jordan Rapana 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Tom Starling 10. Dunamis Lui 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Iosia Soliola 16. Hudson Young 17. Corey Harawira-Naera 18. Sam Williams 19. Kai O'Donnell 20. Michael Oldfield 21. Matthew Timoko

TL-CRO20a.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Josh Dugan 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Connor Tracey 7. Chad Townsend 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Wade Graham 13. Toby Rudolf
Interchange: 14. Siosifa Talakai 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Andrew Fifita 17. Jack Williams 18. Teig Wilton 19. Braydon Trindall 20. Mawene Hiroti 21. Bryson Goodwin

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
Its hard to see sharks getting close but stranger things have happened especially when teams play 2 weeks running.

This Year?

Immortal
I remember in '09 the Dragons pumped the Eels in the last round, then got their pants pulled down like a drunk in a brothel with a thick wallet.

Although I hate most of the Sharks, it sux that late season injuries have severely dented their chances of a win. Some of their tries this season were beautiful to watch and I really enjoyed watching Katoa.

The road to the Grand Final is a monumental ask for the Raiders and I think the Raiders will win but, the Sharks won't be easy beats.

I'm envious of both clubs, regardless of their form and their outs.

I think its gonna be alot closer than everyone thinks...
See, notoriously the sharks are a grubby team, while on the other side we have the "big brain" raiders who are easily baited...Thats why traditionally the raiders struggle against the sharks, they will make them do dumb things and are very capable of frustrating them.... i.e 2016 final at canberras HOME... its happened before and it can happen again.... but youd think the raiders win this one with a scoreline of something like 28-20....

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I remember in '09 the Dragons pumped the Eels in the last round, then got their pants pulled down like a drunk in a brothel with a thick wallet.

Although I hate most of the Sharks, it sux that late season injuries have severely dented their chances of a win. Some of their tries this season were beautiful to watch and I really enjoyed watching Katoa.

The road to the Grand Final is a monumental ask for the Raiders and I think the Raiders will win but, the Sharks won't be easy beats.

Yeh but we had cheat mode Hayne... Sharks have Teig Wilton

BadnMean

Juniors

The '09 Eels were a really good lineup though & on a storming run all the way to the GF. Haven't seen any indications of similar quality from the Sharks, especially without Johnson...

Valheru

Coach
The '09 Eels were a really good lineup though & on a storming run all the way to the GF. Haven't seen any indications of similar quality from the Sharks, especially without Johnson...

You're right, it is hard to see correlation between the sharks and the 09 Eeels.

The 2017 Cowboys is what the sharks should look at for inspiration and hope. They fell in to the finals due to a Saints choke in the last round and then went on one of the more amazing finals runs to qualify for the GF.

SDM

First Grade
You're right, it is hard to see correlation between the sharks and the 09 Eeels.

The 2017 Cowboys is what the sharks should look at for inspiration and hope. They fell in to the finals due to a Saints choke in the last round and then went on one of the more amazing finals runs to qualify for the GF.
The Cowboys that year were defending well though, Sharks best chance of a win is 41-40.