What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

10$ Ferret

Staff member
. I’d rather have the journo’s plaster it everywhere rather than have some merkin like burgess lording around our game like he’s gods gift.

and he did for years. The filth could get away with anything on and off the field.
That the investigation into the sending the video to the gir was allowed to be done by a panel only containing souths people show s the NRL were happy for him to do what he wanted

I am wondering if there is going to be a third instalment covering jow the twins got so large.

SDM

First Grade
I am shocked, there is a human in the NRL who is a bigger shit stain than Cameron Smith.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Tiger Shark

Bench
Go down your local magistrates if you want your fill lad. This shits no one's business.

Someone lives in a cave.

More than half of the news today can fall into the no one’s business category.

nothing new so not sure why you’re getting on your high horse now

seanoff

Juniors
Go down your local magistrates if you want your fill lad. This shits no one's business.
Actually it is. Sam makes/made his money being a public figure. His public image is his pay packet.

Also if the doctor did what it says. He’s gone.

and the article isn’t hearsay. It has documented evidence. It’s high level investigative journalism. This isn’t your run of the mill allegation. It isn’t just phoebes family. There’s way more people involved.

yobbo84

First Grade
I couldn't give two hoots about the "Sam is a shite bloke" stories. That's public airing of laundry and I have no time or care for it.

The alleged cover ups, doctor injections, etc is the stuff that is scary and I would've hoped to have seen direct, flat out denials from the club and Dr McDonald especially.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Only one part of these allegations is relevant to the club. The alleged drug use.

First and foremost I hate when "drugs" are in a footy headline and you have to read deep into the article to see it's not the performance enhancing stuff. Recreational drug use is entirely different and far less serious. As if every journo in every newsroom gossiping about athletes is clean themselves. Law firms? Parliaments? Construction sites? There is a percentage of every single workplace on earth that does party drugs. It's little worse than alcohol or cigs (and in some cases not even as bad. I'd rather be around someone who likes pot than someone who is an angry drunk).

What is unforgivable is performance enhancing drug use, that should lead to a life ban in every situation. That is not an issue here. Any players caught with party drugs should be simply sent to rehab and welcomed back as soon as they are ready.

As for the other allegations, anything going on in Sam's personal life has nothing to do with the club. As always the media exaggerates things. He is entitled to the presumption of innocence and the club is entitled to not be linked to anything not relevant to footy.