What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next season issue

Craigshark

First Grade
If the spine contains Kennedy, Townsend and Tracey next year, we will struggle.

I love Dugan, but I’m not sure if he adds any attack any more. His defence is always willing. He runs hard and straight when he gets it, but he isn’t going to beat anyone with footwork.
Ramien needs to have his role re-assessed.

BS and Ron, will be better after consistent game time. Maybe a summer to fix the mental weaknesses that cause the errors.

BHU, Rudolf and Nikora, have massive contact issues. I reckon technical issues. The enthusiasm and motor of the two big blokes can’t be questioned.

completely agree with all of this.. I actually fear if we go in to next year with the same spine and without Johnson for a period of time we will go backwards. I cannot see kennedy improving. He just doesn’t have it for first grade.

agree with your thoughts on dugan also. Whilst he has been extremely solid, he’ll be a year older and even less threatening next year.

unless we get at least one hard edged, experienced forward and a fullback, I think next year we’ll be found out.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
It's understandable actually. You don't just cobble together a team that bears little to no resemblance to years past and expect them to click and win. I see similarities to the current mob from Darug. Bunch of young guys who have largely come up through the ranks together. This Sharks side can mimic the rise of the Panthers in 2-3 years.

This is one of our strengths imo. Trindall, Ferris, Wilton, Carr etc were in the 2018 Flegg side that beat Penrith in that GF. Then there is another core of players who won NSW Cup with Newtown last year. We've quietly put together (and largely kept together) one of the best groups of young talent in the comp and I think they'll benefit from that continuity down the track.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
It’s been a while but here’s my 2 cents:

- Moylan, Woods, Dugan and Fifita. Big money for deadwood if you ask me. They need to be cut free and cut free quick

- John Morris? I’m not convinced. Coach master stroke to bench woods and start with Toby and then we see the result of Woods playing he’s standard rubbish footy with the raiders ambushing us in the second half. 10 minutes in to that second half woods should have been hooked for Toby but he waited an extra 10 minutes and it was game over. Shocking coaching in my opinion.

- On a positive we are in a battle with the tigers for signing Ky Rodwell. Trust me we need to get this kid I’ll explain another day when I have time but madge really wants him also

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Just on this we won’t win games with Kennedy at fullback. We need a game breaker and we should be going for Sailor. Has the club gone to sleep?

carinashark

First Grade
I really do not want to see Tracy at fb ,sure in attack but running the ball back I don’t think his legs will take the punishment. He also needs to be up in the attack with his speed. At fb we need a tall big man. A play who hurts the defensive tacklers on tackle one.

ghoti

Bench
I wouldn't be changing much for next year tbh, dead average season is better than a deadshite one. A lot of these kids are gonna get huge benefit from a full off-season...thinking of the guys who were expected to do nothing and barely play this year (Talakai, Rudolph, Katoa, Kennedy, Tracey) and even BHU and Nikora the year before. We'll have surprises good and bad next season, but there is no indication it won't be mostly improvements.

I know everyone wants to move em on, but I can see Feefs coming back with a lot of energy now his leg injuries are mostly recovered and god forbid not another shutdown period where he put on all the kegs. Moylan is also not a write off just yet, one more year to prove he belongs...his season reminded me a bit of Ben Barba in 2015 (though Moylan has obviously had more chances.

We'll sign some NSW Cup depth, some experience, maybe one to two guys expected to be in the 17...everything else will be as it was from Round 3 onwards. And I think that's a good thing!

Player contracts to be decided based of the pre-season and first few rounds... coaching decision performance dependent by June. We should expect to push everyone we play next year and genuinely flirt with the Top 4... the changes and shit kickings can happen if we're not meeting that standard. My guess is our season next year is near identical to the Rabbitohs this year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sailor is just OK. Is he an upgrade on Kennedy? Debatable.

Tristan is really just Nathan Gardner in a Saints jersey. Or is that Dufty?

carinashark

First Grade
Could we bring on another winger and move Ron to FB. Ron can catch , jumps high in any contest for the bomb, fast, runs the ball back no fear style. I agree that Kennedy has gone about as far as he can. But can he run into an attacking play? I really do not want Kennedy replaced with a worn out veteran.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Could we bring on another winger and move Ron to FB. Ron can catch , jumps high in any contest for the bomb, fast, runs the ball back no fear style. I agree that Kennedy has gone about as far as he can. But can he run into an attacking play? I really do not want Kennedy replaced with a worn out veteran.

I feel like this is the new Feki to centre discussion, will just keep popping up.

If he was a fullback or the club saw him as a fullback better than Kennedy he would have played their in NYC or NSW Cup. He played one rep game for QLD but mostly because they had no other fullbacks, and he wasn't very good either.

The position he'll potentially move to is centre as he played there for the Jets and NYC.

In saying that we have Ramien signed up long term and Ferris waiting in the wings, so he might not get a shot there for a while.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
While I like Moots passion he has way too many brain farts in him . I’d suggest we stick with Kennedy for the start of ‘21 and if he doesn’t cut the grade we upgrade for ‘22 when we will have some very serious coin available to buy a quality fullback. Also have the option of trying Ronnie back there as the year goes on. Big off season needed for Will..... needs to put a bit of beef on.