What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Griffin might.
The players are the ones who have to prove us wrong after years of underachieving for this club.
Just telling it like it is.
Pretty hard to shine when you
Griffin might.
The players are the ones who have to prove us wrong after years of underachieving for this club.
Just telling it like it is.
Obviously any team coached by a peanut is going to improve when a decent coach is appointed

BLM01

First Grade
Addo-Carr bombshell as Bennett declares Bunnies don’t want homesick Storm flyer

Maybe now we should have a crack at swaping Ravalawa or Pereira for JAC.

JAC want to play fullback but Bellamy wants a fair trade with a winger in the deal. Ravalawa is the type of player Bellamy likes. JAC can try out as fullback and if it does not work out, move to the wing.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/2e7194cc116375b8d3487eff3d3abccf

Make up your mind who you want JAC swapped with from our club.. now it’s Rav
Yesterday Dufty
Day before Hunt & Norman
3 weeks ago Periera
Tomorrow Millward.. he can stand on the wing too

Sloth

Juniors
If there is no real upgrades on the market now I am sure we are looking at who becomes available on November 1 for 2022.
Look at the Titans, they signed Tino early and that then helped them get Fifita for the same year as they played schoolboy together. The coaches know more than the rest of us how this all works, 2 years is not a lot of time for Hook. I hope that doesn’t equate to bad signing decisions to get early improvements.

redv13

Bench
Yesterday Dufty
Day before Hunt & Norman
3 weeks ago Periera
I reckon possm would personally drive Millward all the way to storm HQ if it meant ta ta

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’ve been saying for a while, I think McInnes will get squeezed out. Hunt has 3 years to go on his contract so he can take over dummy half full time in ‘22 & ‘23. Big challenge for Griffin next year is how to best fit Hunt & McInnes in the same team. McInnes is the best dummy half but Right now Hunt is the second or third best halfback

Sloth

Juniors
Unpopular opinion, I would offload Hunt rather than Norman.
Norman only has one year left, just don’t offer him a contract for 2022. Hunt has 2 years with an option in his favour for a third, at 31 he is not getting any better. At 32 we have no chance of shopping him around, bite the bullet now and pay part of his salary for the next 2 years.
We won zero games with him at halfback and we already have an 80 minute rake.

getsmarty

Immortal
Norman only has one year left, just don’t offer him a contract for 2022. Hunt has 2 years with an option in his favour for a third, at 31 he is not getting any better. At 32 we have no chance of shopping him around, bite the bullet now and pay part of his salary for the next 2 years.

Understand your viewpoint....BUT lets see how he goes under Griffin....Norman according to whispers is the one on the outer. Hunt just took up the Final year player option on his contract....Don't think he will be going anywhere....

Sloth

Juniors
I agree he won’t go anywhere, can we say “we will never win a comp with Hunt at halfback” :grin:?
We have already seen how he went under Griffin, he was in and out of the side in both the 7 & 9 for the Donkeys. But yes hopefully more mature and coach able nowadays.

getsmarty

Immortal
I agree he won’t go anywhere, can we say “we will never win a comp with Hunt at halfback” :grin:?
We have already seen how he went under Griffin, he was in and out of the side in both the 7 & 9 for the Donkeys. But yes hopefully more mature and coach able nowadays.

The other side of the coin is Broncos would never had made the GF without Hunts contribution...We are a fair way away from challenging the Top teams....That is not Hunt's Fault...Blame the Board for the last 8 years...Wasted Years...anyway..onward and upward from here...Have a good afternoon.

Crush

Coach
The other side of the coin is Broncos would never had made the GF without Hunts contribution...We are a fair way away from challenging the Top teams....That is not Hunt's Fault...Blame the Board for the last 8 years...Wasted Years...anyway..onward and upward from here...Have a good afternoon.
You cannot still be defending Hunt GS?
Suuuuurely by now you can say that he has been very very poor whilst at SGI?
Time to let it go, he's cooked.

possm

Coach
Yesterday Dufty
Day before Hunt & Norman
3 weeks ago Periera
Ok, all of them. Imagine how much cap we will save.

FlameThrower

Bench
You cannot still be defending Hunt GS?
Suuuuurely by now you can say that he has been very very poor whilst at SGI?
Time to let it go, he's cooked.
I tend to agree regarding Hunt. Unless there is a miraculous off season and massive mindset change ... he is just not marquee material sorry to say..

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I tend to agree regarding Hunt. Unless there is a miraculous off season and massive mindset change ... he is just not marquee material sorry to say..
He mightn’t be marquee, but he’s not a right- off in my opinion. Theres no way I’d let him go and I just couldn’t see Griffin letting him off before the start of next year. Always got to think who you would replace him with and I don’t think our substitutes are good enough or there’s a replacement in the market currently.

Like to see how he goes under Griffin’s game plan in comparison to the mind numbing football we’ve played for the past few years first.

possm

Coach
He mightn’t be marquee, but he’s not a right- off in my opinion. Theres no way I’d let him go and I just couldn’t see Griffin letting him off before the start of next year. Always got to think who you would replace him with and I don’t think our substitutes are good enough or there’s a replacement in the market currently.

Like to see how he goes under Griffin’s game plan in comparison to the mind numbing football we’ve played for the past few years first.
It is a matter of Clune's inexperience v Hunt's errors and lack of enthusiasm. Time will solve Clune's problem but how long can we expect Griffin to call it on Hunt. Remember now is the best time to off-load Hunt so the new halves combination can get to work in the off-season.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well if your assumption of Clune is right; Unfortunately i think that’s a huge assumption and not sure one that I share. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick Hunt over Clune and feel it would be a massive gamble to think that Clune was our first choice and only half option next year; .... irrespective of how much cap we save.

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
I'm with you for sure.
CC

Latest posts