What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Mark D

Juniors
So apparently whilst still likely the Morris boys are not officially signed by the Roosters for 2021 due to Cap pressure..if by chance they become available would you wants saints to grab them for a last stand in the red V ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So apparently whilst still likely the Morris boys are not officially signed by the Roosters for 2021 due to Cap pressure..if by chance they become available would you wants saints to grab them for a last stand in the red V ?
I’d take the Morrii..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I know it's a business but the romantic in me would like to see the twins finish their career where they started. And they're good enough to go around again as well.
Both business sense and romantic sense says it’s a good deal.

Kinda like if Margot Robbie said she’d be your girlfriend for $1m.

possm

Coach
I would once have said Yes but now with some promising young juniors coming through, I'd rather go fetch some big props and an edge forward. I would also say that Dufty is not our solution at fullback so, it is a matter of giving someone else a go or buying one on a two year deal.

Old Timer

Coach
Loved them when they were here but time has now moved on.

If we had got them back 2 or 3 years ago it would have made sense but now is the very time we need to be professional and say no.

As was the case when they were coming through it is time for youth to have its chance to make its mark and for us to evaluate them and give them an opportunity to shine and just perhaps be a 1 club player like Nighty.

Whilst they would no doubt give us moments of joy they are not the future and if they couldn’t win the comp with all the powers behind them at Easts they certainly won’t do it for us.

SaintPauli

Juniors
We keep harping on the junior talent , but they are all backs!
Where are the forwards to even match the top 8 teams ???
No one harping on junior forwards. Who are they ?

Our recruitment are really lacking to state the obvious,

1. De Belin is purely unknown status
2. We lose Frizzell on decent coin
3. We loose Host just at verge of his prime.

Wouldn't the above suggest we have decent coin in the salary cap ?

We have good junior prospects with our backs though we Lack Grunt with our forwards.
Hetherington from Panthers becomes available yet BULL GRUBS get him and release TOLLMAN

If we get Tollman, a BULLGRUBS reject it is a sign of recruitment incompetency and another failed year coming.

Our forwards should be on notice next year.
Most disappointing this year were ;

• Simms Brothers, injuries ???
  • Vaughan - clashed with Dean Young and had attitude issued such as caffee incident ! We will see next year.
  • Blocker & Kerr pass mark ( I think will step up with new coaching staff )

Walpole

Juniors
The Morris brothers are just guns for hire now - maybe the last piece of a puzzle if you've got a team that's on the verge of winning a comp but not what we need now.

We need a couple of tough forwards (if there are any available - maybe England?) but it's time to give our young backs a go. Penrith have proven you can be successful without 40 year old centres.

possm

Coach
We keep harping on the junior talent , but they are all backs!
Where are the forwards to even match the top 8 teams ???
No one harping on junior forwards. Who are they ?

Our recruitment are really lacking to state the obvious,

1. De Belin is purely unknown status
2. We lose Frizzell on decent coin
3. We loose Host just at verge of his prime.

Wouldn't the above suggest we have decent coin in the salary cap ?

We have good junior prospects with our backs though we Lack Grunt with our forwards.
Hetherington from Panthers becomes available yet BULL GRUBS get him and release TOLLMAN

If we get Tollman, a BULLGRUBS reject it is a sign of recruitment incompetency and another failed year coming.

Our forwards should be on notice next year.
Most disappointing this year were ;

• Simms Brothers, injuries ???
  • Vaughan - clashed with Dean Young and had attitude issued such as caffee incident ! We will see next year.
  • Blocker & Kerr pass mark ( I think will step up with new coaching staff )
A poor list manager can disguise his mis-management by front ending some players under contract and clearing out players who's contract is up. By doing this, the squad would not be over the cap for 2021 but there would not as much cap as one would think to buy replacement players.

We have not recruited any good players for 2021 as yet which tells me two things:

• Millward mis-managed the salary cap list
  • Millward has not done the necesary succession planning required.
The solution is to replace Millward.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Bulldogs lock up Panthers hard man, Titans extend young gun: Transfer Centre
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• October 14, 2020 2:38pm
  • by MARK ST JOHN AND DARCIE MCDONALD
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
ab52d812252c87587997856b95b82722

Jack Hetherington will link with the Bulldogs in 2021.Source: AAP
The Bulldogs have continued their signing spree by poaching Panthers and Warriors loan star Jack Hetherington on a two-year deal from 2021.

“The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the process of creating a new look squad for season 2021 with the signing of the highly-rated Jack Hetherington on a two-year deal,” the club announced in a statement.

“24 year-old Hetherington is seen as one of the toughest front-rowers in the game, having made his debut for the Panthers in 2018, before going on loan to the Warriors last season and playing in six matches.

Stream the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership finals series live & on-demand from overseas on Watch NRL. Grab your finals pass now!

“Renowned for his strong defence, Hetherington has a strong family history in the game with his father being former Canberra Raiders and North Queensland forward Brett Hetherington, while he is also the nephew of former star Raiders fullback Brett Mullins.

“Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased that Hetherington had liked what the Bulldogs were building at Belmore.

“Having someone of Jack’s ability want to be part of what we are building at Belmore is fantastic news for our Members and fans.

MORE NRL NEWS

TALE OF TWO HOOKERS: How Koroisau stacks up in epic NSW No.9 showdown

‘HE DESERVES IT’: Freddy reveals Walker is in box seat to land NSW No.6 jersey

‘A LOT OF DRINKING’: Harawira-Naera opens up on dark days following sex scandal

“Jack is a quality young player who will add a great deal of starch to our forward pack and we believe that he will continue to develop under Head Coach Trent Barrett, who he has worked with in recent seasons.

“We are continuing to build out the depth in our squad and we believe that Jack will be a real compliment to the group of forwards that we have.”

Meanwhile the Titans have confirmed the re-signing of playmaker Tanah Boyd until 2022.

“Rising star Tanah Boyd has committed to Titans until the end of 2022, with the 20-year-old extending his contract on the Gold Coast by a further season,” the club said in a statement.

“After making his NRL debut in 2019, Boyd played 13 games for the Titans in season 2020, providing spark off the interchange bench.

9e3a69111c64ed16df87c93560234df2

Tanah Boyd will stay at the Titans until at least the end of 2022.Source: Getty Images
“Boyd has played for the Australian schoolboys and last season was selected in the Queensland under-20’s side alongside incoming Titan Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

“The Runaway Bay Seagulls junior will also be joined at the Titans next season by his former schoolmate from Keebra Park, David Fifita, with the two keen to reignite their junior combination.

“Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says Boyd is an important player in the Titans future and he’s excited to work with him over the coming seasons.

“I think it is a really smart decision from our Club to extend Tanah,” Holbrook said.

“He’s 20-years-old and I’ve blooded him slowly into first grade and he’s done a really good job.

“Over the next couple of years, I expect him to really improve a lot and he wants to push for the halves starting position which he will do his best for and we’re confident he can get there.

“It’s great that he is locked in for a couple of years now with us.”

Dragon David

First Grade
Has Millward taken sleeping pills and now doing a Rip Van Winkle and won't be waking up until someone else does his work and he awakes to an entire new squad that he does not recognise.

WAKE UP MILLWARD do your thing and get us some tough forwards to go with our backs before you go back into slumberland.