What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parramatta 'power' brokers demanding Shane Flanagan, Paul Green & Tim Sheens

ghoti

Bench
One of the more hilarious Telegraph rumours behind a pay wall today...some sorta influential group demanding Parramatta add Paul Green, Shane Flanagan AND Tim Sheens to Brad Arthur's support staff. Absurd combo of senior personalities in assistant roles..

Dunno if anyone can see the article but would be worth a laff

ghoti

Bench
Crazy that anyone at Parra would be trying to stir the pot after seemingly finally getting some certainty around the place last year and this. Finished terribly but had two contender years after a spoon. As if a trio of old white guys is gonna fix em! What club would possibly hire three rejected middle aged men to rebuild a dud squad other than the Drags?

(Has Quigs got a three stooges photoshop job for Griffin, Elliot & Gentle yet?)

Whats the old saying? "Too many cooks spoil the broth" ?
I suppose if they add a few more they can have one for each position on the field...committee meetings for every game plan, team selection, Good for a laff even funnier if they actually did it . I think just offseason tele story.

taipan

Referee
Parra make the semis considering they lost both wingers early and had a centre recently ahem(let's say TBA),why the hell do they need more high paying hangers on.
The Telecrack must be running out of idea.

Version IV

Juniors
I read article part of it expects that eels should win a Premiership each decade as well.
They view themselves as a tier 1 club

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I read article part of it expects that eels should win a Premiership each decade as well.
They view themselves as a tier 1 club
Trouble is they haven’t really been a tier one club since the 80’s.... I believe they have the longest non-premiership winning streak of all the existing clubs? Almost Shark like. Like us they have a very patient and loyal fan base just clinging onto hope. Hard not to like the Eels for that reason.

Version IV

Juniors
Trouble is they haven’t really been a tier one club since the 80’s.... I believe they have the longest non-premiership winning streak of all the existing clubs? Almost Shark like. Like us they have a very patient and loyal fan base just clinging onto hope. Hard not to like the Eels for that reason.

It is very Shark like
Been in since 1947, 73 years basically they had one great patch 1976-86 when they won 4 titles and always a chance.
Before 76 they did nothing
After 86, it's what 1 GF appearance and they would bob up now and then, other then that haven't done a thing.
Another example of Sydney team once comp went national in 1988 of doing nothing

Eion

First Grade
I was only a littleun when the great parra side of the early 80s was running around. Was obsessed with Kenny and Eric Grothe Snr in particular. Have always been my second fav.

Version IV

Juniors
I was only a littleun when the great parra side of the early 80s was running around. Was obsessed with Kenny and Eric Grothe Snr in particular. Have always been my second fav.
I felt pain when they won 3 on trot I went to high school in Parramatta district and to have them win 3 of 4 years there that hurts

shadowboxer

First Grade
Probally most fanatical fans in the NRL bar bunnies - the drought hurts plenty since 2016, when the longest stretch with out a premiership was hand balled to them by sharks.
I even have a few so called mates who couldn’t even give congrats on 2016 when we got the win - that tragic a fan.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some changes at any level of the club, they demand success but just ain’t sure how to get it.

bluefox68

Staff member
I remember the early 80’s...

They were a great side - but I couldn’t stand the band-wagoners jumping on board...

I’ve always hated that trait.

I picked the Sharks in 1978, when I was 10 years old and my parents had a house at Sutho - and me best mate lived at Kirrawee and supported the Sharkies! I was in Vanuatu for most of my childhood... And I ain’t never gonna change teams!!! LOL...

Version IV

Juniors
I remember the early 80’s...

They were a great side - but I couldn’t stand the band-wagoners jumping on board...

I’ve always hated that trait.

I picked the Sharks in 1978, when I was 10 years old and my parents had a house at Sutho - and me best mate lived at Kirrawee and supported the Sharkies! I was in Vanuatu for most of my childhood... And I ain’t never gonna change teams!!! LOL...
You can change a wife but not your team

ghoti

Bench
You can change a wife but not your team

Never married haha, bit did change teams..
I grew up a Magpies supporter in Liverpool and the merger felt so wrong to me that I went to the Sharks cos I was born in Sutho Hospital and watched all the games for Peach/ET, etc ... really just replayed Wests history the way things went after 2002.

Latest posts