What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Rosco

Bench
As much as you try you can’t forget your merged clubs history of a total 21 wooden spoons lol
Magpies 17
Balmain 4
When you merge two clubs their history merges into one

I’ve asked you this before but you never answered me where you originally a magpie or Balmain fan?
Ah Rhyno . . . . You have more chance of a greater number of spoons with 2 foundation clubs. Simple math, really . . . . if you are counting both club's records ( how convenient) then you are looking at 224 years of records, compared to 70 odd for your Parra.
Even for a parra fan, you surely have to see that you are working with skewed stats.
Anyway, WT have not won a spoon.
FWIW, I was a Magpies fan.
And I'm genuinely pleased to see you're still functioning reasonably well after you had your belief shattered by that pissant Moses.
What a waste of a season for you and all the other hand-wringing desperado's that follow the eels.
35 years. Roughly half of your club's existence since you won a Premiership.
And counting.

Tigerm

First Grade
Ah Rhyno . . . . You have more chance of a greater number of spoons with 2 foundation clubs. Simple math, really . . . . if you are counting both club's records ( how convenient) then you are looking at 224 years of records, compared to 70 odd for your Parra.
Even for a parra fan, you surely have to see that you are working with skewed stats.
Anyway, WT have not won a spoon.
FWIW, I was a Magpies fan.
And I'm genuinely pleased to see you're still functioning reasonably well after you had your belief shattered by that pissant Moses.
What a waste of a season for you and all the other hand-wringing desperado's that follow the eels.
35 years. Roughly half of your club's existence since you won a Premiership.
And counting.
Isn’t that his age 35? If true they haven’t won anything except wooden spoons in his life time, I think he still carries a security blanket with him:weary:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I honestly don't get this at all. It's like some people just lose all perspective. It's rugby league. It's a team you support.

None of us including the Tigers control signing players.

I also think a key point to make is that our big problem is actually when we sign players. It's not the players we miss out on that are a problem. It's the players we actually get because inevitably we stuff our cap.

I hope we sign JAC but if he doesn't sign with us and people lose it those people have a real f**ked up perspective on life.

I am confused with your comments 05.

I don't think people have a f##ked up perspective on life, why would you deduce that from my post. You say we lose perspective over a game, its a team we support. I agree, it is a team I support but the Wests Tigers are a business and I am saying they have been extremely poor in their ability to attract quality players to the club, therefore their business management. I totally disagree when you say it is not the players we miss out on, of course it is...it is the players we miss out on that means we must settle for second rate players and this has made us habitual also rans.

As I say, supporters will lose their sh#t if Wests Tigers management can't get their act together and sign at least one decent player to their roster....it isn't my fault as a supporter, I can have my little rant on a forum, it is their fault as a business they can't be competent in their negotiations with better players. Don't quote the cap, we are in position now due to this current management and sadly, we don't look like getting out of it in a hurry.

Just my thoughts anyway.....

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Would be a good pickup for the right price. I'd say that this has come straight from Wayne as its an article by his media mouth piece Paul Crawley

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/986156fa2fc68fcdf4dfe3b316c28ff5
South Sydney’s Corey Allan too good to spend another year stuck behind Latrell Mitchell
Paul Crawley, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
|

Another South Sydney star is set to follow James Roberts out the exit door at Redfern as the Rabbitohs confirm two signings for the 2021 season
Corey Allan has gone from an NRL fringe player to getting his State of Origin call up in less than two months.

Now South Sydney’s rising star is being spruiked to rival clubs on the lookout for a fullback for next season.

While Allan still has a year to run on his current contract, it is understood the Rabbitohs would be reluctant to stand in his way if he can secure a long-term upgrade elsewhere.

It comes as the Rabbitohs on Thursday announced the signings of St George Illawarra forward Jacob Host until the end of 2023 and Taane Milne on a two-year deal.

Tigerm

First Grade
Would be a good pickup for the right price. I'd say that this has come straight from Wayne as its an article by his media mouth piece Paul Crawley

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/986156fa2fc68fcdf4dfe3b316c28ff5
South Sydney’s Corey Allan too good to spend another year stuck behind Latrell Mitchell
Paul Crawley, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
|

Another South Sydney star is set to follow James Roberts out the exit door at Redfern as the Rabbitohs confirm two signings for the 2021 season
Corey Allan has gone from an NRL fringe player to getting his State of Origin call up in less than two months.

Now South Sydney’s rising star is being spruiked to rival clubs on the lookout for a fullback for next season.

While Allan still has a year to run on his current contract, it is understood the Rabbitohs would be reluctant to stand in his way if he can secure a long-term upgrade elsewhere.

It comes as the Rabbitohs on Thursday announced the signings of St George Illawarra forward Jacob Host until the end of 2023 and Taane Milne on a two-year deal.
I think they want JAC bad, but so do we. I still think he is a done deal for us anyway.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I think they want JAC bad, but so do we. I still think he is a done deal for us anyway.
Some posters on the other forum, which I take with a grain of salt, are saying JAC is signed and will be announced after the GF. Apparently we have signed PNG player Edene Gebbie as well.
Just on that, the same people were saying last year that Latrell had signed and we were about to announce a press conference, so I'll wait until I see it with my own eyes.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hoofhearted has just posted what I was writing.

I think the PNG area would be a good nursery to develop.

Pezz70

Juniors

I agree PNG is a great place to look for footballers. They’re still hard men the PNG boys, like Fijians they grow up hard, not like the powder puffs in Australia.

A fit Roberts would be handy but you would have to worry given the Rabbits are moving him on ,throw in JAC and Allan and your got a backline that looks threatening.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
A fit Roberts would be handy but you would have to worry given the Rabbits are moving him on ,throw in JAC and Allan and your got a backline that looks threatening.
1. Allen
2. Noufa
3. BJ
4. Roberts (A fit and firing Roberts)
5. JAC
6. Doueihi
7. Brookes

Its good to dream every now and then!!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
This from the Tigers Forum

insideman about 7 hours ago
JAC will be announced after the Grand Final with the Tigers. Also Edene Gebbie is on our radar and I think he has agreed to join.

This is from a Souths forum so someone is making crap up, either Souths or Tigers fans. Seems everyone has inside knowledge of whats going on at their club.

1603355233933-ae2c5bbd-a47b-4875-9c9b-52942442160c-image.png

Last edited:

Jacko955

Juniors
Sorry, but the dogs were not competitive they nearly won the spoon
They have signed on maybe the worst head coach in recent times
From my understanding JAC has the best offer from us, don’t know if he is coming but I do think our potential far exceeds the dogs
Dogs also lost 8 games by 8 points or less yes they played average footy but alot of there games wernt blow outs if they won a few more of them they would have been further up the ladder

Tigerm

First Grade
Dogs also lost 8 games by 8 points or less yes they played average footy but alot of there games wernt blow outs if they won a few more of them they would have been further up the ladder
Maybe, but they didn’t or couldn’t, I just don’t see their new coach turning that around for a season or two if he can. He couldn’t do it with Manly

well they may need to get o PNG and track him down.

The Wests Tigers have been denied a chance to sign a rugby league excitement machine after discovering their South Sydney signing target had `mysteriously disappeared.

In a rugby league vanishing act, the Tigers were forced to give up on their interest in Kumuls Test star Edene Gebbie after learning he had been given a Redfern release to return home to Papua New Guinea.

“We made some inquiries,” a Tigers official told News Corp.

“But were unable to take it any further after finding out he had left Australia.”

Touted as a potential replacement for Greg Inglis when he was signed by the Rabbitohs last year, Gebbie has shocked rugby league by quietly walking away from his dream NRL deal.

News Corp Australia has learned the flying fullback, who blitzed the Queensland Cup before being snapped up by Souths, became frustrated about being overlooked after the club signed Latrell Mitchell.

Told he would get the chance to challenge Adam Doueihi to become the Rabbitohs’ first-choice fullback, Gebbie became a rugby league outcast after Souths snared Mitchell in a last-minute signing.

The PNG Test sensation was relegated to a training only role after COVID hit in a double blow that proved too much.

Without a lower grade competition to play in during stage two coronavirus lockdown, Gebbie sought a release to return to PNG so he could play rugby league.

Few knew about the release with the Rabbitohs keeping the departure quiet.

It was in stark contrast from the way the club announced the signing last year with former boss Shane Richardson last year trumpeting Gebbie’s arrival at Redfern.

“Edene is an exciting prospect and we’re looking forward to seeing him develop his skills over the next two years under the guidance of our coaching staff,” Richardson, said.

“He has scored 19 tries in 29 games over the past two seasons with his sides winning 22 of those 29 games in which he has played. His speed and hard running are his major assets and we’re sure that he can add more strings to his bow in our system.

“He brings with him international experience and with some refinement of his game, as well surrounding him in a full-time professional environment, we’re certain he has what it takes to move towards an NRL debut.

“His signing is another example of our recruitment plan to introduce players to our squad with great pedigrees and great character. We’re all keen to see what Edene can achieve at our club.”

Gebbie’s agent, Cameron Phelps, declared his client’s NRL dream was not over with clubs already expressing interest in bringing the PNG star back to Australia next year.

“This is only temporary,” Phelps said.

“He wants to play NRL and wants to prove himself an NRL player. He really looks up to Justin Olam and is determined to follow in his footsteps. We are currently looking at his options for next year and have already a fielded interest from NRL clubs.”

Interesting that the above is not new news but was from August,
  • EXCLUSIVE
    By JAMES PHELPS
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • 1:22PM AUGUST 21, 2020
So perhaps they have tracked him down and enticed back to Sydney.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Re JAC I read a smh article maybe a week ago..It said the player managers were saying that parra and WT were the worst clubs to deal with for signings..Just bloody hard work trying to get anything done...obstacle after obstacle..I cant find it now

Probably because they use Tigers as a payday destination for their underperforming talent. They no doubt make us dance back and forth until we cave in.

Hopefully the difficulties are now because we aren't budging and it's screwing up player agents plans

Tigerm

First Grade
I was just watching a small grab on the Storm PNG player Ollum, tbh I never really looked at the players from PNG, but the whole country is fanatical about RL, it is surely worth a scouting expedition to unearth some gems up there.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Probably because they use Tigers as a payday destination for their underperforming talent. They no doubt make us dance back and forth until we cave in.

Hopefully the difficulties are now because we aren't budging and it's screwing up player agents plans
Hopefully or resulting in us missing JAC

Tigerm

First Grade
So much rumours of JAC going bulldogs.

Making me feel uneasy...
I said earlier, that I think (hope) the deal is done, just waiting on the storm.
Both CEO & coach went on leave a week or so ago, I doubt they would do this if it wasn't done (again I hope so).