What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Chimp

Bench
I still think one of the best footy brains out in the cold at the moment is Toovs. He has made it known that he wants to coach and he has a great eye for talent and the evolving game. I can only put it down to him not being a people pleaser or having a massive ego for being out of a job? Not sure what the issue is but a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd should give the club an idea of the direction we might be heading. It’s a minimum 2 year mess that we are currently in.
I don’t think his appearances on NRL360 help him - he comes across as a bit of an old school dinosaur and a bit wacky/off the wall. I certainly wouldn’t be against him coming in though.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Very much a ‘culture’ coach - knows how to create a great team environment where the players self Police.

He’s an ex-Royal Marine, an Armed Forces boxing Champ and is very much a no nonsense type character. He can be very abrasive and awkward and has a stubborn streak, particularly with the media, and with players who don’t buy in. Can definitely add to the group, but will no doubt put some noses out of joint if there are any out of control egos (which we know there are).

Super Leagues most successful ever coach - coached Leeds to numerous titles with a great team, but also managed to snag further titles after a number of the stars had gone.

I’d be happy with the appointment.

Not sure that fits with a team of mostly millennials from the age of entitlement. We'd have to get sponsored by Kleenex.

He'd be my type of coach but not sure how he'd go with the kiddlywinks of 2021

DJDL

Bench
Interested to read this in the SMH this morning:

"The Roosters are expecting Kyle Flanagan to depart the club in the coming days to join the Canterbury Bulldogs. Flanagan's father, Shane, pushed hard for him to go to Cronulla, but the Sharks' reluctance for the former coach to return was a factor in the halfback deciding to link with Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs."

Weird after he pushed hard to get him out of the place.
What's changed?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Not sure that fits with a team of mostly millennials from the age of entitlement. We'd have to get sponsored by Kleenex.

He'd be my type of coach but not sure how he'd go with the kiddlywinks of 2021

Nah, they'll be fine, it's what they need. He wouldn't be any more of a taskmaster than a Bellamy, McGuire and that's not a bad thing necessarily. Besides he was pretty big on bringing up juniors/locals in Leeds.

I think people are making alot of assumptions on what sort of coach he is, and what sort of coach Morris isn't. Unless you're attending training session it's all a guess.

End of the day, he'd be a very good AC imo. Exactly what we need.

Tiger Shark

Bench

"The Roosters are expecting Kyle Flanagan to depart the club in the coming days to join the Canterbury Bulldogs. Flanagan's father, Shane, pushed hard for him to go to Cronulla, but the Sharks' reluctance for the former coach to return was a factor in the halfback deciding to link with Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs."

What's changed?

I imagine he thought he is a chance to go back and was getting ahead of it.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Flange snr was never going to be a coming back to the Sharks as much as he wanted to. Flange jnr was used as a carrot but once it was clear snr wasn’t part of the plans for the future....jnr looked elsewhere. Time to move on from the whole Flange/Sharks idea.

ghoti

Bench
Flange snr was never going to be a coming back to the Sharks as much as he wanted to. Flange jnr was used as a carrot but once it was clear snr wasn’t part of the plans for the future....jnr looked elsewhere. Time to move on from the whole Flange/Sharks idea.

i hope the club has moved on cos i'm sure the playing group has... when the media will move on from stirring that pot i dont fkn know tho

Tiger Shark

Bench

but you ask every Tom Dick and Harry and they're all hearing Flanno coming back.

hilarious.

Tiger Shark

Bench
i hope the club has moved on cos i'm sure the playing group has... when the media will move on from stirring that pot i dont fkn know tho

Soon as we have another coach on another contract, be it Morris or someone else hopefully that helps.

When will the fanbois move on is the other question ?

Generalzod

Immortal

What's changed?
So coach Morris more of the same crap tnen

ghoti

Bench
So coach Morris more of the same crap tnen

dunno...i think he's wise to pass on Kyle, coming back rejected and damaged from the Roosters is risky. report today said our offer was low and he rejected it, choosing the bigger money at the Dogs (and "working with Trent")... honestly think it's best for Kyle to not come back to the place he f**ked over anyway, if he had massive interpersonal issues at the Roosters, he was gonna get glared all game with us too.

Special K

Coach
We didn’t want to pay him 333k basically as his deal is 3 years a million bucks. Chooks even paying some of it next year!

sandshark

Bench
Flanagan's father, Shane, pushed hard for him to go to Cronulla

This has got to be a load B.
I highly doubt Flanno would push for his son to come here, he'd be behind Townsend and Johnson.
Flanno may have a tiny brain but he'd know that Kyle wouldn't see many games here.
Shit stirring journo whoever it may be.

Kyle will get a lot of games at the dogs, not much competition there.