What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

txta2

Bench
Kyle wanted to leave. He still has a bright future. Sharks would be stupid not to replace Chad with Kyle...oh wait.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Players are on the move Bomber obviously biding his time ready to pounce on the right players so we have chance to win it all in 2021.
Corey Allen can leave rabbits, if deal comes along

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The one that concerns me is young Tricky.... not signed for ‘21 at this stage. Anyone got any news....CB4....Snoop? Not one we want to let go imo. Thought he’d be a priority given SJ’s injury.

Chimp

Bench
Brian Mcdermott Toronto Wolfpack coach in line to be an assistant next year. Anyone know much about him?
Very much a ‘culture’ coach - knows how to create a great team environment where the players self Police.

He’s an ex-Royal Marine, an Armed Forces boxing Champ and is very much a no nonsense type character. He can be very abrasive and awkward and has a stubborn streak, particularly with the media, and with players who don’t buy in. Can definitely add to the group, but will no doubt put some noses out of joint if there are any out of control egos (which we know there are).

Super Leagues most successful ever coach - coached Leeds to numerous titles with a great team, but also managed to snag further titles after a number of the stars had gone.

I’d be happy with the appointment.

Tiger Shark

Bench
There's a 3 part series on Youtube called "Coach the Coaches by Brian McDermott" where he is teaching some coaches in the US around core fundamentals. Interesting watch.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Very much a ‘culture’ coach - knows how to create a great team environment where the players self Police.

He’s an ex-Royal Marine, an Armed Forces boxing Champ and is very much a no nonsense type character. He can be very abrasive and awkward and has a stubborn streak, particularly with the media, and with players who don’t buy in. Can definitely add to the group, but will no doubt put some noses out of joint if there are any out of control egos (which we know there are).

Super Leagues most successful ever coach - coached Leeds to numerous titles with a great team, but also managed to snag further titles after a number of the stars had gone.

I’d be happy with the appointment.
Maybe he could bring a couple of gun up and comers with him?

ghoti

Bench
Seems potentially bullish and with that SL experience may have ego and ambition? I'm absolutely not opposed to that, but reading between the lines a bit here and Bomber and the kids seem a pretty skittish and insecure group...hoping he adds something we need, but I have a (likely irrational) gut feeling that a character like that could be destabilising of what Bomber is building.

Who knows what the club's plan is though...it's either a patient Panthers style youth build based around Morris and giving him the support he needs, or a half-committed wait, see, and push for a result year from the player/coachinng market in a couple years time. An experienced winning SL coach with ambition enough to relocate to Australia maybe indicates the latter

Tiger Shark

Bench
Seems potentially bullish and with that SL experience may have ego and ambition? I'm absolutely not opposed to that, but reading between the lines a bit here and Bomber and the kids seem a pretty skittish and insecure group...hoping he adds something we need, but I have a (likely irrational) gut feeling that a character like that could be destabilising of what Bomber is building.

Who knows what the club's plan is though...it's either a patient Panthers style youth build based around Morris and giving him the support he needs, or a half-committed wait, see, and push for a result year from the player/coachinng market in a couple years time. An experienced winning SL coach with ambition enough to relocate to Australia maybe indicates the latter

Some interesting takes. Think you're potentially reading between the lines a bit too much but that's what opinions are for. I don't get skittish and insecure from the playing group, I just get young and need experience.And we need more from our big contract players.

If McDermott has ambitions to coach first grade as a HC then good for us. We need that level of ACs, not the f**kin Craig Sandercock's of the world, and if he sticks around for two years and gets a gig then so be it.

If he's the one to install some hard edge into the club and for Bomber to no doubt pick up a few things then I'm all for it.

Also suggests Flanno isn't on the cards too I guess ?

So he will come for free feed, three free beers at the Kiralee twice a week?

I hear that is the budget.

Well hes already done one reality TV show . Hes ex Marine so probably knows how to survive with minimum sustenance . Survival shows are popular now. Maybe deal could be his own survival show where he survives a season in the shire as assistant coach with only sustenance being a pie and bucket of chips provided by the club.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I still think one of the best footy brains out in the cold at the moment is Toovs. He has made it known that he wants to coach and he has a great eye for talent and the evolving game. I can only put it down to him not being a people pleaser or having a massive ego for being out of a job? Not sure what the issue is but a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd should give the club an idea of the direction we might be heading. It’s a minimum 2 year mess that we are currently in.

I still think one of the best footy brains out in the cold at the moment is Toovs. He has made it known that he wants to coach and he has a great eye for talent and the evolving game. I can only put it down to him not being a people pleaser or having a massive ego for being out of a job? Not sure what the issue is but a 2 year contract with an option for a 3rd should give the club an idea of the direction we might be heading. It’s a minimum 2 year mess that we are currently in.

Maybe he got on the wrong side of the powers that be, with demanding an investigation.! ?