What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 State of Origin - Game 1

Bandwagon

Staff member
I know it's only the nines, but Gutho was very strong at centre, particularly defensively in the last nines comp.

Gronk

Staff member
Conditions are perfect for a good old fashioned Bennett ambush.
He does have the unique ability to get queenslanders running into brick walls for him.

qxqvkVDTRTO7Zv7uVkdtpQQG2K-2MPLVnKoepCYcOqfQw487egSvH-2uDN8M7zX0RCEYQn3dzt06yWwjolyW0oOTN-MDvG0SGFI1u5qwflt5x8RAElxV0K3_GBWYxjJleiASzHER8Ylas850WZvPG49jn2c=w383-h383

strider

Post Whore
clm down people - at least if we lose a game it will give us another chance to bitch and moan about nathan cleary - there's always a silver lining

Gronk

Staff member
As much as the players, clubs etc want origin at the end of the year, 24 hours out and I’m not feeling it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
As much as the players, clubs etc want origin at the end of the year, 24 hours out and I’m not feeling it.

yup

Especially when you had a cracker of a Shield game just finish (NSW won by 1 wkt)

+ Melbourne cup on today

Snoochies

First Grade
As far as I'm aware League is the only professional sport in the world that will weaken teams for representative rounds. Maybe a 3 week block in the middle of the season, rep rounds played then and also a transfer window for players. You'd hate for your team to miss the finals because you had a couple players play origin.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Maybe a 3 week block in the middle of the season, rep rounds played then and also a transfer window for players. You'd hate for your team to miss the finals because you had a couple players play origin.

Stumbling block there the tv rights partners want to fill their weekend with league games to get return on investment. Also asking non origin non rep players not to play for 4 weeks basically, so kinda a mini pre season for them.

Transfer window? not sure players will wait for this window, in league when they want to go they will go anytime if both parties agree Plus it would detract a lot from the Origin

Gazzamatta

Coach
I cant wait but thats because Gutho, Jnr, RCG and Nrown involved. If they weren't then probably not so much. I have a feeling QLD will surprise.
I also reckon this could cause issues with our pre season similar to the World Cup prior to 2018. Go The Blues.

Snoochies

First Grade
So yeah......1st Game tonight...….I'm pumped I think...….actually nah, worst lead up ever.

Latest posts