What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

None of them are great signings. So, the real question is whether we paid them lots or not. If not, then they are acceptable signings. As is, they will not improve our squad.

However, as mentioned earlier, Hipgrave and Papali'i have the potential for real improvement. If we see that, and we didn't pay them very a lot, then they become great signings.

So the real question relates to what pete just mentioned - do BA and MO have a good eye?

Yes, they got Nrown and Gutho, but BA also got Evans and Blake and they are failures.

If they don't have a good eye then we don't make the Top 4. If they do then we might actually win our second finals game under BA.

84 Baby

Referee
Change can be as good as a holiday as the old adage goes.
They may be as useless as Kevans was but then again maybe they won’t.
What we need now is either a good centre or 2 good top 17 benchies, possibly one who isn’t a centre but could play there, in fact could probably play anywhere bar prop

Haynzy

First Grade
Is a bench of ... Niukore, Papali, Hipgrave, Kaufusi
Better than ... Niukore, Evans, Stone, Kaufusi
?

I think Papali is an upgrade of Evans and probably a bit cheaper.
Hipgrave is probably an upgrade on Stone just due to the fact that he's a bit bigger. If Stone packs on some beef, he may end up the better of the two.

84 Baby

Referee
I liked the look of Lachlan Swindon on debut for the wallabies on Saturday...He has plenty of power and fire in his defence..He had the All Bliks shutting thumselves before he was rud-carded
Swinton FFS! Next to useless in league.
Tom Wright looked like a superstar FFS.
That said and I’ve said it before Reece Hodge would be great

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
I can't see ANYWHERE in the post that I indicated Swindon would succeed in League..All I said that he had the All Bliks shutting themselves with hus aggrission in defence..or words to that effect..

84 Baby

Referee
I can't see ANYWHERE in the post that I indicated Swindon would succeed in League..All I said that he had the All Bliks shutting themselves with hus aggrission in defence..or words to that effect..
Lol I was actually having a go because it’s Swinton and you wrote Swindon but I had also wrote Swindon. I’m an idiot lol.
But yeah good unionist. Has to be a mainstay. Just got a bit lazy like the Kiwi bloke with one tackle.
Actually even though union forward skills don’t transfer usually, I’d take Tongan Thor as a bench rotation. Wallabies need to utilise his running game more. His game leading up to his try won them the game

Eelogical

Referee
None of them are great signings. So, the real question is whether we paid them lots or not. If not, then they are acceptable signings. As is, they will not improve our squad.

However, as mentioned earlier, Hipgrave and Papali'i have the potential for real improvement. If we see that, and we didn't pay them very a lot, then they become great signings.

So the real question relates to what pete just mentioned - do BA and MO have a good eye?

Yes, they got Nrown and Gutho, but BA also got Evans and Blake and they are failures.

If they don't have a good eye then we don't make the Top 4. If they do then we might actually win our second finals game under BA.
So far I think trolley boy went to Aldi's, walked straight past the meat section then made a bee-line for the fruit and veg. He's smart enough to know there's no top shelf in that section and can maybe pick up a bargain 2 for 1 pineapple deal. Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to swipe his Woolies rewards card at the checkout, either.

Latest posts