What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
MON made a good point on the TCT, Dunster hadn’t played a game since March and wasn’t even expected to play.

Considering the circumstances he did pretty good.

I like him. I am the one on here who said he looks the goods. But he also did look a little weak
But yes he hadn't played a proper game for 12mths.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I think he's an outright grub. His crusher on Hayne in 2018 was one of the worst things I've seen on a footy field, he was lucky Hayne escaped a serious injury. Lots of lip, little bit of talent and all dirt is who he is IMO.

to be fair, those crushers back then were coached into them, not really his fault

point the finger at Bellyache for that low life act

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
We finish 3rd and the only side that had a lead and pushed the premiers with our halves in terrible form and people want to act like we are a desperate bottom 4 club and take guys like Chambers ffs.
We have a good enough squad to win it.

With a very favourable draw

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
MON made a good point on the TCT, Dunster hadn’t played a game since March and wasn’t even expected to play.

Considering the circumstances he did pretty good.

Haven't listened to the pod yet. But in his only game he was up against probably the best general play kicker in Adam Reynolds who targeted him and his only handling error from memory was when he went to ruck the ball out

parra_jesus

Juniors
Hayne to make a comeback in the centres to replace jennings if he is found guilty. 1 year contract with the option in clubs favour for the second year. Modest contract.

Stevie

Bench
Hayne to make a comeback in the centres to replace jennings if he is found guilty. 1 year contract with the option in clubs favour for the second year. Modest contract.
I wouldn’t want Hayne let back into the club even if it’s to operate the boom gate at the leagues club. Some great memories, they are all long gone now.

84 Baby

Referee
There were always fitness/involvement concerns with Jarryd. I shudder to think what he’d be like now

lingard

Coach
In 2020, he scored 16 tries in 21 games.

Much-maligned Maika Sivo scored 15 tries in 21 games.

Josh Addo-Carr piled on 18 linebreaks - Maika Sivo created 19.

He also performed quite well in some key areas:

* a tackle efficiency rate of 78.7% (18 missed tackles from 98 attempts), whereas Sivo had a tackle efficiency rate of 69.2%, missing 13 tackles from 52 attempts)

* Addo-Carr averaged 129m per game, and Sivo 118m per game

* Addo-Carr ran for 2,716m, and Sivo ran for 2,490.

Addo-Carr is a great player - but do his stats demand mega bucks, when his production is only marginally better than what Sivo produces in a down year?

I say no.

What's interesting to me to note is how many tackles Addo-Carr attempted - almost double those of Sivo.

Raw stats don't mean that much mate. What happens when Ado-Car makes a line break as opposed to what happens when Sivo makes one? How many tries does Ado-Car either set up directly or indirectly with his line-breaks? IMO he's twice the player Shivo is..

Soto

Bench
Raw stats don't mean that much mate. What happens when Ado-Car makes a line break as opposed to what happens when Sivo makes one? How many tries does Ado-Car either set up directly or indirectly with his line-breaks? IMO he's twice the player Shivo is..
Agree stats dont always tell the whole story.
NSW and Storm can successfully play a compressed defence like we do however the key difference is JAC can mow down anyone hence they can defend even closer in.
When we do so, we get burnt as our Wingers dont have that express pace to reign in the opposition quickly if at all.
Just like when ppl were saying you wouldn't pay more than $500k or $600k for Semi as he's a winger is completely wrong. Semi is a footballer. JAC is too.
They have the ability to start, stop and score tries