What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
We had four roster spots left and McIntyre and Seyfath were not announced as leaving the club.

I think the club were expecting two, but hoping for four signings and keeping these two in reserve. If McIntyre is gone, I reckon we have someone ready to go.

Remember, most clubs are taking a break, and I suspect managers as well.

I think we get either the Jet or Mansour, not both, which means we still have two vacant spots and another if we need it, or we keep Seyfath.

Lots of clubs are looking to move on players and these deals take longer as payouts need to be negotiated.

Personally Id throw a moderate deal at Kahu to either play 1 or as depth. We have had worse.

We had four roster spots left and McIntyre and Seyfath were not announced as leaving the club.

I think the club were expecting two, but hoping for four signings and keeping these two in reserve. If McIntyre is gone, I reckon we have someone ready to go.

Remember, most clubs are taking a break, and I suspect managers as well.

I think we get either the Jet or Mansour, not both, which means we still have two vacant spots and another if we need it, or we keep Seyfath.

Lots of clubs are looking to move on players and these deals take longer as payouts need to be negotiated.

Personally Id throw a moderate deal at Kahu to either play 1 or as depth. We have had worse.

Precisely.

Recruitment and Retention are never too keen to release a promising youngster unless they have a ready replacement or some grander plan is afoot.

Every other day we seem to be out and about talking to players, “checking up on their welfare.”

If we are spoon-bound, it’s not because we ain’t out on the town trying to pick up.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Mansour will be a terrible signing for us. Slow, poor in the air, 30+ with a knee rebuild. He can finish off a try on the end of a top class backline, which unfortunately we don't have. This club never learns. Next year is looking bad.

Choiboi

Juniors
From another source regarding Josh Aloiai

Hope this isn't true...... But

By Jake Dubois:

REGARDING JOSH ALOIAI

Josh is a very close mate of mine and this situation is terrible at the club and it hurts to say because I’ve also been a life member of the club and love the club but they are really treating him poorly!

: At the awards night it is based on a 3,2,1 point system each game much like the dally Ms, josh received points for 1 game while we had players such as packer receiving points for every game he played... not bagging any other players but I mean really?

: Josh played all of 2019 with broken wrist and broken screw in his joint with no complaints at all!

: josh was given a contract offer which in my opinion is disgusting considering he is our top forward! It was basically a below average forwards wage! I will not say the exact figure as it is private.

: When he rejected the first offer and asked for a bump up they rejected that and also gave him a 1 day deadline! He is a brand new father still on crutches at home due to him putting his body on the line each week for the club and they give him a 1 day deadline?! Come on! That’s disgusting

Now I see josh as a future leader and captain of this club and the disrespect the board and coach is dishing out is just not on! I really think this great club needs a good clean out!

I just wanted to clear some things up due to the comments I’ve been reading about josh

Tigerm

First Grade
From another source regarding Josh Aloiai

Hope this isn't true...... But

By Jake Dubois:

REGARDING JOSH ALOIAI

Josh is a very close mate of mine and this situation is terrible at the club and it hurts to say because I’ve also been a life member of the club and love the club but they are really treating him poorly!

: At the awards night it is based on a 3,2,1 point system each game much like the dally Ms, josh received points for 1 game while we had players such as packer receiving points for every game he played... not bagging any other players but I mean really?

: Josh played all of 2019 with broken wrist and broken screw in his joint with no complaints at all!

: josh was given a contract offer which in my opinion is disgusting considering he is our top forward! It was basically a below average forwards wage! I will not say the exact figure as it is private.

: When he rejected the first offer and asked for a bump up they rejected that and also gave him a 1 day deadline! He is a brand new father still on crutches at home due to him putting his body on the line each week for the club and they give him a 1 day deadline?! Come on! That’s disgusting

Now I see josh as a future leader and captain of this club and the disrespect the board and coach is dishing out is just not on! I really think this great club needs a good clean out!

I just wanted to clear some things up due to the comments I’ve been reading about josh
I guess we will never know

Sorry, got my Mc’s confused earlier. If we are letting McIntyre leave then Chricton must be on his way. Resigning JA is surely a must! Every year I wait for a big signing, but it never happens!

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don’t get the love for Aloiai. Honest toiler but will probably end up like Ava or Jesse Sue. Super League or bench player at another club.

kinda agree. I like him and hope he stays but he has played for 5 years and 90 games now. We cant keep waiting for him to have his 'break out year' and accept that what he is now is probably his level which is a solid first grader and we should be offering a contract which reflect that.

Tiger05

First Grade
I rate him highly. He gave us a guy who good play the ball quickly and hit it up aggressively. He has problems with his hands and his defense is poor when fatigued but to me he is a must keep.

What do you do. If he goes for big dollars I can understand.

I'm concerned about where we are heading though. Letting go of players that performed last year and we don't seem to purchasing any quality players.

Tigerm

First Grade
I rate him highly. He gave us a guy who good play the ball quickly and hit it up aggressively. He has problems with his hands and his defense is poor when fatigued but to me he is a must keep.

What do you do. If he goes for big dollars I can understand.

I'm concerned about where we are heading though. Letting go of players that performed last year and we don't seem to purchasing any quality players.
We came 11th last year, we have been out of the finals for a decade, the whole team should have a rocket up them and looking over there shoulder.
What they are producing on the field is simply not good enough, they all need to be playing like it is there contract year, every year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That's what they said about Josh Reynolds.
That, and energy. Apparently he brings a lot of energy.
Sorry, but Mansour makes not much sense at all . . . . especially if we cave in to his 3 year demands.

I think 2 years would be ideal for a Mansour deal....

3 years just a tad too risky.......

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yep . . . . I'm thinking 1 with another 1yr option in WT favour. And you guys tipping in a fair slab of that first year.

I think Penrith would be able to carry Mansour on the cap for 2021.....2022 (when he's off contract ia when the issues happen)

So I's say a little, but not a lot. If it's a lot he's might as well see out his time at the Riff.

(hope that makes sence)

I can't see Penrith doing W/T any favours.

WA Tiger

Bench
We lost our speed testing device (or the instruction book) just before AD arrived. That puts us at a disadvantage while weighing up Mansour...

Last edited:

Latest posts