What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragsters

First Grade
It's like going to be back to school tomorrow for most of our squad.

Shiny new apparell.

New teachers.

A few of these boys are going to have to really put in if they're going to make it now. No excuses.

Will it be "the toughest pre-season ever", or will it be "by Hook or by crook"?

I'm guessing there will be a number of houses being trained down over the next few months...

BLM01

First Grade
When does preseason training start?
Today and the old KSims is not convinced with the change coming... :wink::thinking:
Wonder why it could be a bad thing!.. for you or the club cause you going to have to work a lot harder?

Even Lawrie was hopeful many times over but we all know change was needed

Mickthedragon

Juniors
So we only signed an injury prone
J. Bird and an untested young roosters fwd?
Is that it?
I can't see how he is going to make this team top 8 material.
It will take some seriously good coaching.

George Sancti

Juniors
I believe we have a squad capable of pushing for a top eight berth now. I applaud Saint's administration on refraining from signing fringe first graders on the slight chance that they will suddenly become match winners.

Leave the money in the bank, recruit from within, and when the right forward becomes available or when we can come to terms with another club on releasing the forward that we need, then table a highly competitive and attractive offer.

possm

Coach
So we only signed an injury prone
J. Bird and an untested young roosters fwd?
Is that it?
I can't see how he is going to make this team top 8 material.
It will take some seriously good coaching.
You can be sure that Griffin has not finished recruitment activity. I would not be surprised to see a couple of union players in our team for next season.

getsmarty

Immortal
gallery10.jpg

DRAGONS

2021 preparations get underway
Tue 17 Nov 2020, 01:24 PM
Preparations for the Dragons' 2021 season got underway with a tough fitness session in hot conditions as the squad hit the ground running under the regime of head coach Anthony Griffin.

Head coach Anthony Griffin casts his eye over training.

gallery9.jpg

Eddie Blacker taking in some big breaths

gallery6.jpg

New recruit Poasa Faamausili hits the ground running

gallery12.jpg

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/11/17/2021-preparations-get-underway/

Gareth67

First Grade
Geez the kit is ordinary

I must say that it looks damn good on Griffin - shows off his stomach muscles !

I remember donkey years ago , well back in the 60’s when Johnny Raper took over as captain/coach and had the boys working on the local garbage trucks to get super fit , that plus the Sandhills down at Wanda . I believe that they went as far as the final in that year - beaten by Souths who went on to claim a second consecutive premiership .

But at the time it was a different approach to the normal training regime and put the team in good stead for the season . With Hook however he will also need to get into their psych to kill of the demons of the past so as they have that ‘ will to win ‘ and 100% effort until the final whistle .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
gallery10.jpg

DRAGONS

2021 preparations get underway
Tue 17 Nov 2020, 01:24 PM
Preparations for the Dragons' 2021 season got underway with a tough fitness session in hot conditions as the squad hit the ground running under the regime of head coach Anthony Griffin.

Head coach Anthony Griffin casts his eye over training.

gallery9.jpg

Eddie Blacker taking in some big breaths

gallery6.jpg

New recruit Poasa Faamausili hits the ground running

gallery12.jpg

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/11/17/2021-preparations-get-underway/
Clune looks to have built up a bit

Juniors
Kind of nice seeing Elliott in Saints gear.

Casts my mind back to season ‘92, my first year after high school (literally six years of Saints playing horrific football outside of that great Panasonic Cup upset) and Saints announce their climbing out of the wilderness with a thrashing of Parra at Kogarah. That’s my first memory of thinking we were back anyway. Gives one warm fuzzy feelings. Would love history to repeat itself.