What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Aloiai

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I see this as a two way problem , players and their managers get greedy , usually pull the family or mental health card .
Clubs buy players on stupid contracts and regret it , or sign a player long term at end of careear to ensure they get them for a year or two whilst their body can handle it and then they try get rid of them shop around etc

Until the NRL enforce ALL contracts , no shopping around of players by clubs , or telling players we won’t re-sign u and feel free to get a contract in your final year elsewhere if you get a better deal, then I’m all for players agitating to get out of their contracts

Contracts are treated by a joke by clubs, and players have same mentality

stryker

First Grade
Incidents like this make me question the Wests Tigers' viability.

No one wants to play for them or even take up the role of coach.

The club would become far richer, get more games on Ch9 and attract better players if they relocated to Brisbane, with Easts Tigers buying their licence and running them out of Coorparoo as the Brisbane Tigers. Make QEII Stadium at Nathan their home after it's upgraded to a rectangular field with a capacity of 40,000.
As a tigers fan, I advocate the move from Sydney.

Bazal

Post Whore
You can't actually do these things, it would be seen as constructive dismissal (ie forcing someone out without actually sacking them), but you don't have to pick him in first grade. The trouble is, having a disgruntled player around the place can have all sorts of detrimental effects on the playing group. In this way, players and managers hold the whip hand.

Definitely not constructive dismissal.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I see this as a two way problem , players and their managers get greedy , usually pull the family or mental health card .
Clubs buy players on stupid contracts and regret it , or sign a player long term at end of careear to ensure they get them for a year or two whilst their body can handle it and then they try get rid of them shop around etc

Until the NRL enforce ALL contracts , no shopping around of players by clubs , or telling players we won’t re-sign u and feel free to get a contract in your final year elsewhere if you get a better deal, then I’m all for players agitating to get out of their contracts

Contracts are treated by a joke by clubs, and players have same mentality

Problem is if they enforce contracts then all contracts will be 1 or 2 years. Maybe that is not bad.
I think the issue is far more greed from managers and players than regret of clubs for paying too much, thats more a judgement call from fans and the media than the clubs

super_coach

First Grade
Player management groups are the biggest stain on the game. They control who goes where and when, with the players and clubs are just the pawns.

The clubs should all band together and basically black ball most of them

Xcalibre

Juniors
His speed is what makes him a good player. It’s like Marshall in his hey day, not so much the brain but speed.

Though what irks me is that we get the flack for letting JAC go but we did buy him from Cronulla first.

That's crazy huh. This notion that he was a Tigers man through and through, yet in reality he was far from it, going by his playing record.

I was one of the people that thought Tigers dropped the ball with him, but he played a whopping 9 games there, whilst playing a lot of juniors in Souths and St.George juniors and two seasons of NYC for Sharks, so he's actually the least a Tiger out of all those clubs. Souths and Sharks esp. should feel bad, if any club should, but tbh, without his speed, he's an average player.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Player management groups are the biggest stain on the game. They control who goes where and when, with the players and clubs are just the pawns.

The clubs should all band together and basically black ball most of them

Or, like the good clubs, they could all just tell the manager to F*** off if they ask for silly money for their player!

Latest posts