What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I think you are right. Out of all the young blokes he was the one I wanted to hang on to the most.

I know it’s easy to say now, but I think we should’ve played him more this season. Shown him a bit more love. Cleary obviously had doubts over Naden at centre, would’ve really hurt to try Burton at centre for a couple of games?

franklin2323

Immortal
Realistically how much would you pay for a guy while promising is yet to find a fulltime position?

$400k would be the most I would pay

Port Panther

Juniors
Other than the Broncos we are the only other club that develops players all the others just focus on recruitment and retention . We are already being pillaged by Barrett with more to follow . Penrith has already stated there will be a big downturn in money being spent on junior league and western regions due to covids financial effects. I expect lean years to follow success wise as well but understand we still have some exciting prospects in elite pathways but they can still be poached as they talent pool dries up .
So my question is to everyone with so many clubs unwilling to spend big money on grass roots football where will players come from ?
Looking at headlines this week it looks every club just want to cannabilis one another and the more i think about costs i can see a 10 to 12 team competion and less money from the broadcastors in the future .
Anyway lets just hopes kids wanna play for the Panthers in the future and we havent put too many eggs in the one basket .

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Would be a poor signing in my opinion. Did his ACL last season playing for Melbourne. Didn’t look that good before it happened. Would be better off giving that spot to a local junior.

Our juniors aren't viable. Other clubs keep paying overs for them

franklin2323

Immortal
Other than the Broncos we are the only other club that develops players all the others just focus on recruitment and retention . We are already being pillaged by Barrett with more to follow . Penrith has already stated there will be a big downturn in money being spent on junior league and western regions due to covids financial effects. I expect lean years to follow success wise as well but understand we still have some exciting prospects in elite pathways but they can still be poached as they talent pool dries up .
So my question is to everyone with so many clubs unwilling to spend big money on grass roots football where will players come from ?
Looking at headlines this week it looks every club just want to cannabilis one another and the more i think about costs i can see a 10 to 12 team competion and less money from the broadcastors in the future .
Any lets just hopes kids wanna play for the Panthers in the future and we havent put too many eggs in the one basket .

That is the very reason that the NRL should help developing clubs.

Jane Murray

Bench
Not one quote has been said from Matt, or his manager, yet people are up in arms about his, rumored move to the bulldogs. Some peoples reactions on here is bemusing.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't know what people expect. We have 6 rep players that means depth guys will go

We are in danger of losing our future, some of the guys we have already lost played in our top 17 during the course of this season.

I suggest most of us expected we would have effectively managed our roster & cap and perhaps had our future signed and sealed yet despite a large number of outgoings including some high earners we in a battle to retain three very important players essential to our on going success.

Maybe i was naive, but i thought we would have done better and not in the position we currently find ourselves in.

franklin2323

Immortal
6 total, but I meant for the centres.

for centre we’ve currently got

Crichton
Naden
Burton
Jennings

if it stays like that then Turuva would be a better option.

We lost Aekins and MWZ from the squad so depends on the balance.

Turuva is in Development squad. So that can give best of both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.