What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
They have played almost the same amount. Smith has played 62 games, Mahoney 56.

Really?

Huh.

I'm surprised at that.

I rate Smith as a player, btw - he's a gun.

I just think that we have a gun hooker who is being forced to develop his game slowly.

Noise

Coach
Really?

Huh.

I'm surprised at that.

I rate Smith as a player, btw - he's a gun.

I just think that we have a gun hooker who is being forced to develop his game slowly.
Yep. And Smith has played a lot of his games off the bench and as a lock. He has had less time to develop as a hooker than Mahoney.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not really helping him play hooker though. He has only started in first grade 12 times, with only 6 of those games starting at hooker.
But Mahoney has had the disadvantage of playing under a coach who doesn’t think the dummy half post is all that important, a tackling machine that leads the line speed is all he cares about. It’s a wonder he hasn’t thrown a million bucks at Jake Friend.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not really helping him play hooker though. He has only started in first grade 12 times, with only 6 of those games starting at hooker.

I'm sure that Cam would have been in his ear at training, doling out advice, and telling him where to stand, etc.

strider

Post Whore
Has Brandon Smith proven to be a particularly good dummy half? ... We nitpick mahoney's dummy half play - people criticise his passing etc. Is b smith's better?

To me brandon has proven to be a strong running merkin with plenty of agro ... But not an actual permenant dummy half. ... He might be, but its not obvious yet

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm also interested in what D.Brown will offer. Currently he is not producing much more then what a $150k W.Smith would

na, you really think Smith could defend on the edge like Drown can? Smith wouId be carved up .....

Additionally I doubt smith could average 100 plus metres in the halves, simply doesn’t have the size or strength to be a threat running the ball on the edge....

Gronk

Staff member
na, you really think Smith could defend on the edge like Drown can? Smith wouId be carved up .....

Additionally I doubt smith could average 100 plus metres in the halves, simply doesn’t have the size or strength to be a threat running the ball on the edge....
+1