What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We now have 8 props on the books, so it will now be interesting to see who gets the 1st grade spots (4 usually).

One would think Vaughan and Kerr should be there, possibly Lawrie, but the 4th is a lit of a lottery.

As for CC, I'm sure Blacker will need some time in CC, Merrin may even captain the Cc squad. I think Ellis will be in CC as well.

So that leaves a choice of PF or Alvaro for 1st grade.

Interesting stuff!

Maddragon99

Juniors
We now have 8 props on the books, so it will now be interesting to see who gets the 1st grade spots (4 usually).

One would think Vaughan and Kerr should be there, possibly Lawrie, but the 4th is a lit of a lottery.

As for CC, I'm sure Blacker will need some time in CC, Merrin may even captain the Cc squad. I think Ellis will be in CC as well.

Interesting stuff!
I must admit I detest Parra so I don’t know much about Alvaro, but his stats look ok. Depending on how fit & mobile he is perhaps he might be a candidate for the backrow

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Interesting stuff!
I think Lawrie may fill in at lock until JDB/Bird are possibly available/ready. Unless they pick Ford there. Not sure but spots are heating up which is nice.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agreed. If Bird is fully fit he’ll be the Lock come round one. If not I think Merrin gets the start with Bird off the bench. I’m hoping Merrin has one great season left in him.

Yes so would I . Although I was against bringing him back to the Dragons I would still very much like to see his final year a good one . I am sure that he feels the same way himself .

Griffin and company will probably mention that to him , that and the fact that his experience will really be of worth to the younger members of the team .

boardlumps62

Juniors
It would seem from reports that Griffin has the players training hard or the players are finding it hard at training means our team was so unfit. Also they never managed to last the second half.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Merrin, Lawrie and Ford are no locks.
It would be disadvantageous for us to even consider playing them in that position.
JDB, if cleared, still hasn't played for 2yrs, Bird just about the same as per # of games played.
IMO we are looking for a player for that position and it seems the rumour about Billy M wont go away.
Lets see what transpires over the 'break'.
Final day of 1st stage training today everyone back in the New Year, plus a few additions and our team lists will ultimately change again.

possm

Coach
He's no lock, waste of time playing him there..
CC
I agree with you. Lawrie needs to be taken under Griffin's wing and taught how to be a good and effective prop;
  • No silly penalties.
  • Ball security but also look to off-load.
  • A step or swerve before the line would be a great thing.
  • Barrel the man with the ball and shut down play if possible.
  • Let others worry about the late offload, you just bury the man with the ball.
  • Make it so that opposition forwards are afraid to run at you.

Latest posts