What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro, 2021 and the development.

Quicksilver

Bench
Now the construction is done on the road it’s a ghost town around the ground. There’s no chance we will be there in 2022

Perhaps the roadworks were a bigger obstacle than the actual on site construction?

It would have been a mess trying to get to the game with all the external works going on. If they can just lock up the site it might not be all that bad.

Weaponhead

Coach
Welcome Goblin.

From a football perspective, I expect a fringe of the 8 year. The Johnson injury is a big set back. Moyza is in contract year so expect him to have a dig which could provide the needed spark in the first half the season.

Fullback is still a big hole. Hope Kennedy can develop but don't see him having the tools for a quality fullback at this level.

Looking forward to Brailey's continued development. Hoping to see more from Toby, Tanaka and BHU.

The coaching situation will need resolving soon but having Mooney back allows for future planning. Spending the cash wisely for 22 will be imperative for challenging again.

snout

First Grade
Welcome Goblin.

From a football perspective, I expect a fringe of the 8 year. The Johnson injury is a big set back. Moyza is in contract year so expect him to have a dig which could provide the needed spark in the first half the season.

Fullback is still a big hole. Hope Kennedy can develop but don't see him having the tools for a quality fullback at this level.

Looking forward to Brailey's continued development. Hoping to see more from Toby, Tanaka and BHU.

The coaching situation will need resolving soon but having Mooney back allows for future planning. Spending the cash wisely for 22 will be imperative for challenging again.
Look for Connor Tracey to trial at fullback with the view to being our 1.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well now Mooney is back I feel better about this situation.

However the challenge is does the club have the coach situation sorted out to facilitate negotiations with players with certainty.

Yep you're new.. Not. "Welcome" anyway.

Gal and Lewy on board actively at the club makes me feel a lot better about the Coach situation from the outside looking in. Mooney and players like Gal and Lewy have been instrumental in getting us great recruits, dare I say Premiership winning recruits directly from that fantastic time in our clubs history.

A little birdy told me that the pressure is off regarding the Morris issue, congruently dew to the external goings on regarding the infrastructure issues, as in timing regarding the unveiling of the new look at the club when that arises in the near future.

The media will still say what to clicks links, I have faith in Dino for the moment.

It's not an issue.

Special K

Coach
Perhaps the roadworks were a bigger obstacle than the actual on site construction?

It would have been a mess trying to get to the game with all the external works going on. If they can just lock up the site it might not be all that bad.
Someone, i forget who told me the reason we couldn’t play there this year even with no crowds was because of the lights got taken out or something like that. It meant we’d have to hire for night/dusk games.

seems like an easy fix if that’s true

Tiger Shark

Bench
It’s incredible we haven’t been linked with anyone for 2022 when we’d have to have the most cash free after this year. SURELY

Mooney might have needed time to find his feet around the cap and what’s going on.

And wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve put feelers out. We had a crack at Burton didn’t we?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Look for Connor Tracey to trial at fullback with the view to being our 1.

Probably says a lot about what he thinks of Kennedy, which is probably close to what most of us think of him.

I don’t mind the idea. Atleast give him a shot. He’s got the speed, fitness and ball playing to go there.

Also we could run 4 forwards on the bench and move Tracey around with Duges at fullback if we needed.

snout

First Grade
Probably says a lot about what he thinks of Kennedy, which is probably close to what most of us think of him.

I don’t mind the idea. Atleast give him a shot. He’s got the speed, fitness and ball playing to go there.

Also we could run 4 forwards on the bench and move Tracey around with Duges at fullback if we needed.
I've been told the Tracey at fullback plan from 'inside'.
And yep it shows bomber isn't of the attitude that oh well Kennedy the best we have - he has identified what kennedy brought wasn't up to scratch and is setting about fixing it.

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
It’s incredible we haven’t been linked with anyone for 2022 when we’d have to have the most cash free after this year. SURELY
The figure we will have to spend is between 6 - 7 million at the end of this season with the number of contracts about to end.

Will be a heap of player managers looking around for bombers number to get their guy a contract at the sharkies.
Anybody coming off contract and knows they won't be resigned like a Corey norman will be giving Morris a call nice and early.
Good thing bombers no lightweight.

snout

First Grade
Has a bit of Brett Kearney about him. Not opposed to the idea.
Man theres a name from the past - BK.
Yeah..he had some class.
Andrew walker was another half who rocked it at 1 from 5/8.
Locky played both.
So its not the biggest transition between the 2 spots skillwise.

Tracey is a guy who just gives it everything.
The feedback from the 2 most recent preseasons is he is the guy both years.
Im sure Gal loves the attitude

Craigshark

First Grade
I’d rank Tracey and Metcalf as better options then Kennedy and that’s without seeing either of them play at fullback.