What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 years 2021

blue bags

First Grade
Monday 8 November 1920: A public meeting to discuss the introduction of St George into the first grade competition was arranged. An advertisement on October 30 in The St George Call read as follows:
"A public meeting will be held in the Kogarah School of Arts on Monday, November 8 at 8pm to form a grade club for the district of St George, to take part in the 1921 competition of the NSWRL. All players and supporters are cordially invited to attend. J. McGraw, Convener."

Thus laid the foundation of the St George District RLFC and all the history that was to follow.

http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/1907-1920.php
dragons started to play at arncliffe am i right ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator

blue bags

First Grade
I'm glad St George is still it's own entity, and is a joint venture not a 'merge' like Wests Tigers.

And going by the 2015 (50 years) '65 heritage jersey, and 2016 '11 straight' heritage jersey, expect something.

CJ.png

LongSleeveJersey.png

$140 each from dragons shop . leagues club
https://shop.dragons.com.au/collections/centenary

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
died young,as kids we were not told to much about him
Yeah, in his 40s, far too young.

I've always tried to find out as much as possible about players from this era.

It's relatively easy to search for info about post-war players and most people can name the legends during our 11-in-a-row period.

People sometimes forget that our Club is standing on the shoulders of players like Clarrie Tye, Herb Gilbert Snr, George Carstairs etc. These guys were household names in their day.

jak

Bench
Yeah, in his 40s, far too young.

I've always tried to find out as much as possible about players from this era.

It's relatively easy to search for info about post-war players and most people can name the legends during our 11-in-a-row period.

People sometimes forget that our Club is standing on the shoulders of players like Clarrie Tye, Herb Gilbert Snr, George Carstairs etc. These guys were household names in their day.
thanks for those kind words mate