What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
I don't understand how they ended up chipping in for Hetherington and Mansour. Surely someone would've taken them.

Hetherington is on a "healthy" contract. One of Gould's deals.
No club was willing to pick up the full tab.
I wouldn't either.
We need to grease the wheels to get rid of Mansour. Not including what we have already paid in salary.
He has options but no club wants to pay the full amount. Not many clubs have a spare $300 - $500k left to throw at a 30 year old winger this time in the pre season.

Bob

Juniors
I wouldn't either.
We need to grease the wheels to get rid of Mansour. Not including what we have already paid in salary.
He has options but no club wants to pay the full amount. Not many clubs have a spare $400 or $500k left to throw at a 30 year old winger this time in the pre season.
Firstly hows the health, hope your feeling better, on Mansour paying 1 year is not so bad, I assume Hethro is 1 year as well

Blade23

Juniors
Firstly hows the health, hope your feeling better, on Mansour paying 1 year is not so bad, I assume Hethro is 1 year as well

Thanks.
I felt woeful early last week. Had a lot of pain in the middle of the night. I think I tossed and rolled on my wound the wrong way in my sleep. I picked up closer to the weekend. Just trying to balance exercise and getting the right amount of rest in between.

Yes, just paying for this year.

WestyLife

First Grade
I wouldn't either.
He has options but no club wants to pay the full amount. Not many clubs have a spare $300 - $500k left to throw at a 30 year old winger this time in the pre season.
ah ok that make sense. We all kind of didn't want to believe the big figures thrown around for Hetherington I think.

Not really they have 4 million in talent coming up end of next year .Belt the buckle there raiding everyone
Fun. Tigers will have some cap next year as well.

Abacus

Juniors
Is it more disrespectful to be truthful or just drop him come round 1?
If the club had not made the comment re Staines, then assuming Mansour finds a club for 2022 before Round 1, the club wouldn't need to make the call.

The way things happen these days, the new club would push for an early release, Panthers grant it, Mansour is elsewhere in 2021 & the same outcome is achieved in a more professional manner, with no disrespect to Josh.

Anyway, 1 to learn from for the decision makers.

betcats

Referee
If the club had not made the comment re Staines, then assuming Mansour finds a club for 2022 before Round 1, the club wouldn't need to make the call.

The way things happen these days, the new club would push for an early release, Panthers grant it, Mansour is elsewhere in 2021 & the same outcome is achieved in a more professional manner, with no disrespect to Josh.

Anyway, 1 to learn from for the decision makers.

Why would Mansour be looking for a new club if they didnt tell him he would not be in the top 17? Or do you mean just leave Staines name out of it?

betcats

Referee
Thanks.
I felt woeful early last week. Had a lot of pain in the middle of the night. I think I tossed and rolled on my wound the wrong way in my sleep. I picked up closer to the weekend. Just trying to balance exercise and getting the right amount of rest in between.

Yes, just paying for this year.

Like Westy I am not sure how we ended paying for Heathro. Sauce I can understand especially once we started upgrading guys for next year and the fact that he is possibly on 500k. But if it is only for 2021 then it isnt so bad, its 2022 when things really start to look difficult with Fish and Kikau off contract plus a few more.

franklin2323

Immortal
Like Westy I am not sure how we ended paying for Heathro. Sauce I can understand especially once we started upgrading guys for next year and the fact that he is possibly on 500k. But if it is only for 2021 then it isnt so bad, its 2022 when things really start to look difficult with Fish and Kikau off contract plus a few more.

Hetherington was on overs for what he gave. I can see the want to get rid of him

Hooked

Juniors
Yes, it is out now. Souths.
Looking at Nofa, but his price is too high.
A few minor things to touch up but Mansour will be gone to Souths, Unfortunately we will be chipping in.
4 players on this year’s cap we will be paying to play elsewhere.

Thanks mate. I hope you feel better.

The_Frog

First Grade
RCG for whatever reason was clearly unhappy here. Shame I liked him when he was in that period he made origin.
If Paul Kent can be believed Ivan Cleary didn't understand him. But then again Hook didn't either. But Brad Arthur does.

Funny thing, I'm not in the paid workforce these days but when I was the only understanding I received from my superiors was money deposited into my bank account every fortnight. It was I who had to understand them.

Latest posts