What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade
If Paul Kent can be believed Ivan Cleary didn't understand him. But then again Hook didn't either. But Brad Arthur does.

Funny thing, I'm not in the paid workforce these days but when I was the only understanding I received from my superiors was money deposited into my bank account every fortnight. It was I who had to understand them.
exactly. Professional rugby league is not talked about as a professional workplace for some reason.

Abacus

Juniors
Why would Mansour be looking for a new club if they didnt tell him he would not be in the top 17? Or do you mean just leave Staines name out of it?
If he's not going to be at Penrith in 2022, then he'd be looking for a new club for 2022 (& 2023). The new club may then want him for 2021 also.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I thought they might be in the market for Pearce but they probably would want him on the smell of an oily rag.

I don’t think anyone would want him now!

I think Benji would be very good for the Roosters young halves. Intelligent signing if they pick him up.

As much as I’d love him at the Panthers, I think he’s a luxury we don’t require or can afford.

Original Name

Juniors
I dont think our cap was in bad shape... but i think it's likely to end up that way. Between paying so many players not to play for us and getting in to bidding wars to keep guys here it feels like we could be headed toward our pre-Gus days.
The thing is everyone we've chipped in for were contracted to 2021 just when the cap gets tight. When we truly need it we'll have all that money and be paying for no one extra. And you say "guys" like it's multiple ones but I don't who we've gotten in a bidding for besides Circhton and even it was more his agent threatening to bring other clubs into a bidding if we didn't give Crichton a bit extra. There's been no serious talks to another club by Crichton just his agent hyping up how many clubs are interested and what he could do.

Staines and Leniu took less money to stay if anything.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Salmon wouldn't win you a game but he wouldn't lose it. He's stick to a game plan he'll do his job. Him and Burton are fine for halves depth. We don't need another half.

Not gonna lie I forgot that we signed Salmon for a second there.

Paying for one year isn’t a big deal flexibility wise, in fact it likely increases our flexibility to re-sign others. The real problem is paying multiple years. We must try not to have that happen again.

That's fair. Gotta get past the RCG and Co deals.

Abacus

Juniors
I'm really hanging on Luai's re-signing. Once done our spine is locked away for 2022. I can't remember when we've had the same spine 3 years running (touch wood re form & injury).

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm really hanging on Luai's re-signing. Once done our spine is locked away for 2022. I can't remember when we've had the same spine 3 years running (touch wood re form & injury).

That is why I am one of the few to not think we under achieved during Hook's time here. We did well but never were able to build with the same spine.

The_Frog

First Grade
Wesser Gower Campbell Priddis would be my guess.

betcats

Referee

Luai is locked in, out of all our guys he loves the club the most going off his social media posting. Good point re the spine, though I think by mid 2022 Dylan may be hard pressed to hold onto his spot, if Critta or Staines get an extended run there through Injury they could easily prove to good to move I think.

Last edited:

panthersam

Juniors

If this ends up being the case then I’m sure Josh is now feeling pretty stupid about the whole situation, if above is true then essentially he will be in the same predicament that he would have been in if he stayed at the club that gave him everything and that he loved!

Blade23

Juniors
If this ends up being the case then I’m sure Josh is now feeling pretty stupid about the whole situation, if above is true then essentially he will be in the same predicament that he would have been in if he stayed at the club that gave him everything and that he loved!

He can get a longer deal elsewhere, albeit at a struggling club. He wants to win a premiership and play FG.
I don't know what Bennett's plans are for him. I have noticed the habit of his that likes to play a back off the bench. Usually crappy minutes.
It will be interesting how he goes there.

Latest posts