What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Lots of noise about Penrith releasing Laurie early (as early as next week) and that Laurie is pushing for an exit. Anyone know, if true, is it Cini plus cash (apparently the money we got from Aloiai to Manly)? That came out of nowhere if true. I wonder if we have now pulled out of the race for Chricton?

Jane Murray

Bench
Lots of noise about Penrith releasing Laurie early (as early as next week) and that Laurie is pushing for an exit. Anyone know, if true, is it Cini plus cash (apparently the money we got from Aloiai to Manly)? That came out of nowhere if true. I wonder if we have now pulled out of the race for Chricton?
You were never, ever, in the race for Crichton, correct spelling.

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane seriously give it a rest. You have no idea if they were/are in the race, neither do the rest of us.
Seriously, martielang, I am entitled to my opinion, and yes I do know that. It is highly unlikely Crichton will leave the panthers. That is all that I am saying.

Seriously, martielang, I am entitled to my opinion, and yes I do know that. It is highly unlikely Crichton will leave the panthers. That is all that I am saying.
No matter what people say about you on this forum, you are the best spell checker here. I agree, I don’t think we were ever likely to sign him. Things that make you go hmmm?

Vic Mackey

Referee
FWIW a poster on the tigers forum with proven good info has said Laurie will be at Wests next week. The hold up was that Penrith wanted our young hooker Jake Simpkins which we said no too and now have agreed on Cini.

FWIW a poster on the tigers forum with proven good info has said Laurie will be at Wests next week. The hold up was that Penrith wanted our young hooker Jake Simpkins which we said no too and now have agreed on Cini.

As long as we get something, I’m fine with him leaving early.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

What Noise? Has anyone heard this?

Which is what Silverdick does regularly. Why do you think the disillusioned one hangs out here? That nutter has his own little dictatorship on the WT forum.

Well well well....

You got something to say about me, you say it to my avatar you sneaky rat!

You Panthers are lions led by donkeys.

Even your mascot is considering an offer to slip into the broncos costume.So long as he’s not a mate of “paws”

Laurie has already played his last game for the Panthers. Big Jim will be announced as our club captain soon. Crichton won’t stop calling us!

The Wests Tigers are Smug version 2.0 ! Hopefully not “ smug lite!”

@murraymob predicted this in 2019! I laughed in his face before he poured my warm Queensland beer over my head!

The Laurie deal is all over the wt forum. We need him more than you guys, that’s for sure. I’d prefer Edwards myself..mmm!

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well well well....

You got something to say about me, you say it to my avatar you sneaky rat!

You Panthers are lions led by donkeys.

Even your mascot is considering an offer to slip into the broncos costume.So long as he’s not a mate of “paws”

Laurie has already played his last game for the Panthers. Big Jim will be announced as our club captain soon. Crichton won’t stop calling us!

The Wests Tigers are Smug version 2.0 ! Hopefully not “ smug lite!”

@murraymob predicted this in 2019! I laughed in his face before he poured my warm Queensland beer over my head!

The Laurie deal is all over the wt forum. We need him more than you guys, that’s for sure. I’d prefer Edwards myself..mmm!

He’s back!

Original Name

Juniors
Player wise, I don’t see much difference between Zane and Ava.

Financially is where I think we lose in this.
We don't know how much Ava would cost. Remember he lives in the UK. A fair amount of Super League Australians players are keen to return home regardless on price.

Original Name

Juniors
admittedly I only saw his short time in NRL last year and no lower grades, but I wasn’t that impressed, is he worth the effort?
He's a bit of an unusual player. He doesn't like to use his speed as much as other guys as quick as him. A poster here said he run 100 metres tied with Staines when the team was playing os tag. His natural ball running style is to be shifty guy who like make players overcommit to him in one direction then straighten up or something similar. So he'll make a line break with his shifty footwork and his deceptive speed then slow down to look for support. If he's got numbers rather than taking the line on with speed during a three on two like say Papenhauzen would he'd usually rather pass. His ball playing talent isn't Matt Moylan or SJ levels of natural talent but he's had a cut out on him since a young age there's a video on YT of his highlights at 16 that he caught the eye of the Panthers and he throws a great cut out in it.

Runs instinctively like Luai, but a bit less in a less extravagant dancing style. Personally my favourite aspect of his game is when this thing where he fully commits his momentum forward and that convinces the defence to commit their feet in that direction, stops pushes himself backwards and or steps in another direction a bit like SJ used to do when he was young. Albeit his first step acceleration isn't un tackable quick.

When passes and offloads are sticking he'll be good because he's lethal in broken play. When they're not he's a bit of a question mark but that's better than other options at FB the Tigers have.

Here's a video of his speed. He won't use his flat out speed as much as some others because it isn't his style to sprint around players.

Whino

Bench

Why would we want another hooker when we have a top one in Api and Kenny as backup, with another good one in the lower grades coming through?
Sounds strange to me that one. If true.