What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

BLM01

First Grade
Webby has jumped the gun on announcing this. Jammer still to sign a contract with the Dragons I believe.
How do you know he has not?
I doubt in this instance if ever our club has made an announcement of something to happen it will as they are usually the last to announce anything.

Reactions: jak

redVinme

Bench
Maybe they are Backtracking because they didn't go through the nrl? I mean he and his salary did disappear mid season only to return with a job. I know it was jimmy's idea butt over seen others done for the same

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe they are Backtracking because they didn't go through the nrl? I mean he and his salary did disappear mid season only to return with a job. I know it was jimmy's idea butt over seen others done for the same
But his contract expired last year anyway. By the time he left he would of only had 3-4 months salary left and he asked for an immediate release basically tearing up his contract and foregoing those payments
If Dragons had plans to employ him this year under a new contract and job it should have no bearing on the cap if that is what you are alluding to.

redVinme

Bench
But his contract expired last year anyway. By the time he left he would of only had 3-4 months salary left and he asked for an immediate release basically tearing up his contract and foregoing those payments
If Dragons had plans to employ him this year under a new contract and job it should have no bearing on the cap if that is what you are alluding to.

I don't assume it did as I dont feel anything dodgy occurred. I assume the media may make that assumption though and the dragons may wish to cover that.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting how the 'Club' views the playing positions of players.
According to the website we have:
Backs:
3 x fullbacks - Ramsey, Dufty, Sloan
2 x wingers - Periera, Ravalawa
6 x centres - Williame, Bird, Mat & Max F, SSE, Z. Lomax
2 x halves - Clune, Hunt
3 x 5/8 - Norman, Sullivan, Amone

Forwards:
2 x hooker - Brittain, McInnes
7 x props - Lawrie, Alvaro, Blacker, Kerr, Ellis, Vaughan, Faamausili
3 x edge forwards - Ford, Sims, Fuimaono
3 x lock - H. Lomax, JDB*, Merrin

No wonder Mc85 was confused!

getsmarty

Immortal
Interesting how the 'Club' views the playing positions of players.
According to the website we have:
Backs:
3 x fullbacks - Ramsey, Dufty, Sloan
2 x wingers - Periera, Ravalawa
6 x centres - Williame, Bird, Mat & Max F, SSE, Z. Lomax
2 x halves - Clune, Hunt
3 x 5/8 - Norman, Sullivan, Amone

Forwards:
2 x hooker - Brittain, McInnes
7 x props - Lawrie, Alvaro, Blacker, Kerr, Ellis, Vaughan, Faamausili
3 x edge forwards - Ford, Sims, Fuimaono
3 x lock - H. Lomax, JDB*, Merrin

No wonder Mc85 was confused!

Didn't mc85 play Zac @ fullback, right Centre,Left Centre,wing and utility forward....LOL

SnowDragon

Juniors
Has the story on zero tackle about Angus Crichton got any legs? Or just Angus’s manager trying to up his rorters contract?

https://www.zerotackle.com/rival-cl...wer-amid-contract-discussions-nrl-news-95833/

Dragons looking to lure Roosters second-rower Angus Crichton amid contract discussions
Could the 24-year-old be tempted by a move away from Bondi?

BY
MITCH KEATING

-
DEPUTY EDITOR
JANUARY 25, 2021

https://static.zerotackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GettyImages-1133150065-696x464.jpg
GOSFORD, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 02: Angus Crichton of the Sydney Roosters looks on during the NRL Trial match between the Manly Sea Eagles and the Sydney Roosters at Central Coast Stadium on March 02, 2019 in Gosford, Australia. (Photo by Ashley Feder/Getty Images)
The
Sydney Roosters are set to offer incumbent second-rower Angus Crichton a new deal in a bid to fend off the lurking St George Illawarra Dragons, per The Daily Telegraph.

It is understood that Trent Robinson has notified the 24-year-old that he remains in his plans for the future, with the pair meeting up to discuss a potential extension for the New South Wales star.

The back-rower has been a vital asset for Robinson since moving to Bondi from South Sydney, where he has played 41 games for the Chooks across two years.

Crichton will be out of a contract come the conclusion of this season and is reportedly receiving interest from the Dragons.

Along with Crichton, Jake Friend, Daniel Tupou Billy Smith, Sam Walker and the Morris brothers are just some of the 11 Roosters players that are off-contract in 2021.

redVinme

Bench
At 24 I would let McInnes go along with Norman and give him $750,000 a year for 5 years.Any player who has a finger removed so he can continue playing is the sort of player I want at the Dragons.
Back this.

Pay overs, make him captain and let's get the ball rolling. In the past our premier signings have cost a lot and amounted to nothing. We need to show intent.

BLM01

First Grade
Has the story on zero tackle about Angus Crichton got any legs? Or just Angus’s manager trying to up his rorters contract?

https://www.nospam21.com/rival-club...wer-amid-contract-discussions-nrl-news-95833/

Dragons looking to lure Roosters second-rower Angus Crichton amid contract discussions
Could the 24-year-old be tempted by a move away from Bondi?

BY
MITCH KEATING

-
DEPUTY EDITOR
JANUARY 25, 2021

https://static.nospam21.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GettyImages-1133150065-696x464.jpg
GOSFORD, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 02: Angus Crichton of the Sydney Roosters looks on during the NRL Trial match between the Manly Sea Eagles and the Sydney Roosters at Central Coast Stadium on March 02, 2019 in Gosford, Australia. (Photo by Ashley Feder/Getty Images)
The
Sydney Roosters are set to offer incumbent second-rower Angus Crichton a new deal in a bid to fend off the lurking St George Illawarra Dragons, per The Daily Telegraph.

It is understood that Trent Robinson has notified the 24-year-old that he remains in his plans for the future, with the pair meeting up to discuss a potential extension for the New South Wales star.

The back-rower has been a vital asset for Robinson since moving to Bondi from South Sydney, where he has played 41 games for the Chooks across two years.

Crichton will be out of a contract come the conclusion of this season and is reportedly receiving interest from the Dragons.

Along with Crichton, Jake Friend, Daniel Tupou Billy Smith, Sam Walker and the Morris brothers are just some of the 11 Roosters players that are off-contract in 2021.
Rorters wont need to up anything. They can pay anything.
His manager wants it sorted asap so he can move onto the next player, no different to our Cam.

possm

Coach
Back this.

Pay overs, make him captain and let's get the ball rolling. In the past our premier signings have cost a lot and amounted to nothing. We need to show intent.
I'd say we need Crichton more than any other external recruit right now. Why not find out of the Roosters are offering, up that offer. I can't speak to his credentials as a possible captain however, if the cap fits then go for it.

Gareth67

First Grade
At 24 I would let McInnes go along with Norman and give him $750,000 a year for 5 years.Any player who has a finger removed so he can continue playing is the sort of player I want at the Dragons.

For that sort of money I would be asking for that finger too . I am sure that the doctor gave the damn thing back to him after sawing it off .

After all it was not that badly damaged plus he has probably got it wrapped in Glad Wrap in the garage freezer - the one he uses for his fishing bait .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with you hewi , Crichton would be worth every dollar . If the Dragons are serious about luring him away from the Roosters then they will need to pay for him and as you have said with a very lucrative long term contract .

I would not however be saddling the man with the added responsibility of being the team captain , as it would distract from his game . We need a hardhead who has a high work rate is prepared for the dirty stuff - and he undoubtedly fits the bill on both counts .

I recall Manly back in the late 60’s and early 70’s paying some , what at the time was some extraordinary big dollars to entice the likes of big John O’Neil , Bobby Moses and Ray Brannigan away from the all conquering South Sydney team .

It paid dividends as they won a couple of Premierships with those players forming the nucleus of a tough forward pack - the one thing that had prevented the Sea Eagle from winning a trophy of their own for some time .

Those 3 players plus the likes of big Bill Hamilton and the brains of the outfit the Freddie Jones finally help them to lift the J.J. Gilliton ( ? ) Shield .

The Big Red V must think along the same lines if they are truly serious about obtaining quality players , who under the coaching of Griffin and Co. will take the Dragons to our first Premiership since the happy days of 2010 .

We can throw in the gold-plated taps in the Boardroom loo as well ! :innocent:

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I agree with you hewi , Crichton would be worth every dollar . If the Dragons are serious about luring him away from the Roosters then they will need to pay for him and as you have said with a very lucrative long term contract .

I would not however be saddling the man with the added responsibility of being the team captain , as it would distract from his game . We need a hardhead who has his head down and be prepared for the dirty stuff - and he undoubtedly fits the bill on both counts .

I recall Manly back in the late 60’s and early 70’s paying some , what at the time was some extraordinary big dollars to entice the likes of big John O’Neil , Bobby Moses and Ray Brannigan away from the all conquering South Sydney team .

It paid dividends as they won a couple of Premierships with those players forming the nucleus of a tough forward pack - the one thing that had prevented the Sea Eagle from winning a trophy of their own for some time .

Those 3 players plus the likes of big Bill Hamilton and the brains of the outfit the Freddie Jones finally help them to lift the J.J. Gilliton ( ? ) Shield .

The Big Red V must think along the same lines if they are truly serious about obtaining quality players , who under the coaching of Griffin and Co. will take the Dragons to our first Premiership since the happy days of 2010 .

In 2022 Norman will be gone and Hunt will be our only marquee player followed by Bird. I believe our backs will all be on a salary of 500k or less, giving us plenty of room to recruit a marquee edge forward. If De Belin is part of our roster as well, I believe we would have a very good pack in 2022.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
...............Any player who has a finger removed so he can continue playing is the sort of player I want at the Dragons.[/QUOTE]

Its not just the players, my doctor has increased my blood pressure medication while Dan Murphys have provided a permanent 25% discount on all purchases, so l can continue to support the Dragons ................... just saying

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I agree with you hewi , Crichton would be worth every dollar . If the Dragons are serious about luring him away from the Roosters then they will need to pay for him and as you have said with a very lucrative long term contract . he

I would not however be saddling the man with the added responsibility of being the team captain , as it would distract from his game . We need a hardhead who has his head down and be prepared for the dirty stuff - and he undoubtedly fits the bill on both counts .

Yes Gareth, that added ‘quality’ and intimidation got them their maiden premiership. You can add Mal Reilly to that list as well. The irony here was that O’Neill never wanted to leave Souths but he did leave despite often stating he would have stayed for less...he was the big difference; similar to Peter Kelly’s influence with Canterbury in the Mid 80’s. Wouldn’t die wonderingly if i was Saints!

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints can land Crichton and JDB is cleared, they will be a serious contender this year that is for sure. But I just cannot see it happening unless Saints play huge dollars which I am sure the Roosters will some how match regardless with some 3rd party deal as they have plenty of those that can draw on.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Somewhat curious to why he had a quieter 2019 when he went first back to Easts after such a dominating year in his final year at Souths....may be worth exploring..

Latest posts