What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes

snout

First Grade
Great signing.
Lancesque.

May have been mentioned in earlier posts but he will come this year...it won't work to have him there.
Have to work out a swap.
Chad?

Eion

First Grade
Faaaarkay!?!?!

This forum has just got interesting for the first time in a long while. Dragons have a right to be pissed, especially that he's signed with us. So some inside goss would be appreciated if anyone knows after the fact?

Unbelievable that this wasn't leaked. If this is the type of signing Bomber can produce, give the guy a contract asap!!
I reckon there’s a fair chance McInnes was attracted to the sharks to join up with his last assistant coach...who he apparently got on well with.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Can someone post the Riccio article from the Daily Telecrap please?

Cameron McInnes to join the Cronulla Sharks for 2022 and beyond
David Riccio and Phil Rothfield

The Cronulla Sharks have outfoxed their neighbours to lure current Dragons skipper Cameron McInnes to the Shire.

Cronulla have signed St George Illawarra captain Cameron McInnes in a major bombshell for the Red-V.

He will tell his teammates of his decision this morning of his intention to join their arch rivals.

In a move that will add further spice and animosity between the neighbouring rivals, the deal is worth around $2 million over four years.

Despite being the Dragons’ most consistent player, there had been a lack of interest at the club to sign him long term.

The Sharks beat the Wests Tigers in the race for Cameron McInnes’ signature. Picture: Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images
The Sharks have snuck under the unsuspecting guard of the Wests Tigers to secure his signature.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire met with McInnes prior to Christmas in a bid to lure the valuable 26-year-old.

With rising star Blayke Brailey holding down the Sharks hooker position, McInnes has told those close to him that his game could be best suited in the lock-position at Cronulla, particularly under the NRL’s new rule changes.

It’s understood Brailey has been informed of the Sharks’ pursuit of McInnes and is excited at the imminent arrival of the NSW Blues squad member next season.

Incumbent Cronulla hooker Blayke Brailey has welcomed the recruitment of McInnes. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images
Renowned for his leadership, fearless attitude and high workrate, McInnes is also desperate to play finals football and believes he can achieve that goal at the Sharks.

McInnes’ future has been a hot topic of late since it was revealed the Dragons are yet to table an offer to the 27-year-old for 2022 and beyond, despite him being their best player for the last two seasons. The club is also expected to sign Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough in the next fortnight – a move that would shift McInnes from hooker to the lock-forward position.

There had been whispers within the game that the Bulldogs were interested also in securing McInnes. However, the Bulldogs denied any link with McInnes – content to work with their current stock of dummy-halves.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Drags are in meltdown they are about to eat there young.
Some want him gone now
Player swap they mentioned Graham that ain't happening
The one they are worried about is getting Woods, that would top this deal off.
They do need a half back we have Chad there is a swap

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
The Dragons forum seem to think the only reason Mcinnes would join our "shambolic" club is cos Mary is coming here.

Bomber extension by the weekend i reckon.

Sponsor/Sponsor/Origin player.... next.

Frailty

First Grade
A great signing. Gives the team flexibility at Lock and Hooker, and is a greater defender in the middle which is a major weak point for the team.

I don't think he will come in 2021. He is a professional and will do his job for the Dragons this season. I don't see a deal that works for the Sharks or Dragons, and I don't think his position at the Dragons is untenable.

cb4

First Grade
A great signing. Gives the team flexibility at Lock and Hooker, and is a greater defender in the middle which is a major weak point for the team.

I don't think he will come in 2021. He is a professional and will do his job for the Dragons this season. I don't see a deal that works for the Sharks or Dragons, and I don't think his position at the Dragons is untenable.
I can't see how his position is tenable at the Dragons now.
He has publicly backed the old Coach and has left because of the new one.
I'd be very surprised if he wasn't here after round 1.