What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce sexting scandal

DeeJ

Bench
He should've done a Gallen and told everyone his teammates will still know who the captain is when they are on the field. At least that has some balls.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Can someone confirm was the sexting ONE way or a two way sexting conversation

- Because if 2 way , Wtf is the problem ? it’s not even a HR issue , and where is the women’s apology to Pearce’s fiancée and to her boyfriend and to the knights and why isn’t she named like pearces poor fiancée who has her name dragged out with every article

- if it was one way by Pearce , why is it not being reported as harassment and only loss of captaincy but just reported a sexting scandal

Vee

First Grade

- Because if 2 way , Wtf is the problem ? it’s not even a HR issue , and where is the women’s apology to Pearce’s fiancée and to her boyfriend and to the knights and why isn’t she named like pearces poor fiancée who has her name dragged out with every article
If 2way, no-one's interested in the nobody who breaches community standards, just the celebrity.

Chook Norris

First Grade

- if it was one way by Pearce , why is it not being reported as harassment and only loss of captaincy but just reported a sexting scandal

Can't confirm, but I imagine there are legal implications to the media stating there was harassment (or alleged harassment given there is no court case).

Either way, no one cares about the nobody. Sells more papers focusing the issue on Pearce

blue bags

First Grade
Not a care in the world: Kristin Scott poses ring-free in her Barre studio after her split from footy star Mitchell Pearce after he was caught sending flirty texts to a young female staffer
  • Kristin Scott has appeared without her $40,000 engagement ring on Instagram
  • Rumours have swirled her relationship with Mitchell Pearce is now on the rocks
  • The embattled Newcastle Knights' player was caught up in a sexting scandal
  • The off-season controversy has cost him the captaincy of the Hunter club
By LEVI PARSONS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

Kristin Scott has appeared ring-free in an Instagram story, prompting rumours her engagement to embattled NRL star Mitchell Pearce is now on the rocks.

The glamour couple were scheduled to tie the knot at a lavish ceremony in front of 150 guests on December 29 last year, but the wedding was called off at the last minute after the 31-year-old halfback was caught up in a sexting scandal.

Pearce sent 'flirty' text messages to a young female staffer at the Newcastle Knights in an off season controversy that cost him his captaincy and sparked a rift within the club.

38761286-9212329-image-m-49_1612225934221.jpg

+9

Kristin Scott (pictured) has appeared ring-free in an Instagram story, prompting rumours her engagement to embattled NRL star Mitchell Pearce is now on the rocks

38761300-9212329-image-a-44_1612225865717.jpg

The glamour couple were scheduled to tie the knot at a lavish ceremony in front of 150 guests on December 29 last year, but the wedding was called off at the last minute after the 31-year-old halfback was caught up in a sexting scandal. Pictured: Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott

Pearce initially claimed the nuptials were postponed due to coronavirus but reports emerged the inappropriate messages to the young woman caused the couple to pull the pin.

Ms Scott had flaunted her sparkling bling prior to the scandal, but on Monday she posted an image without the engagement ring - estimated to be worth about $40,000.

The dance instructor snapped an activewear selfie at her Barre/Effect studio in Newcastle while clutching a coffee and carry bag.
The caption of the story read: 'My happy place'.

The stylish brunette, originally from Wollongong on the NSW South Coast, started dancing at the age of 10 and later studied ballet full-time.

She has performed professionally on board international cruise ships and also danced on a number of TV shows including Dance Academy and Puberty Blues.

She now runs her Newcastle studio where she teaches classes and sets up all the programming.

38761306-9212329-image-a-45_1612225888278.jpg

Ms Scott (pictured left) posted a photo with her friends to Instagram on January 15

38761284-9212329-image-a-47_1612225911858.jpg
The stylist brunette (pictured left) uploaded another photo on January 24 where she is not wearing her engagement ring

The fallout from the sexting scandal threatened to derail the Knights' preparation for the upcoming season after it was revealed some senior players were furious at Pearce.

Hard-running second rower Lachlan Fitzgibbon admitted he was 'angry' at the time as he's a close friend of the club staffer's long-term boyfriend.

But the 26-year-old said the two have 'buried the hatched' and the Knights' playmaker has now been forgiven.

'You can be angry at them for a period of time and that was certainly the case but you get over it and get on with it and that's what we've done,' Fitzgibbon told the Newcastle Herald.

A teary-eyed Pearce later fronted the group to say sorry.

He then relinquished his captaincy to spend more time mending his relationship with his fiancee.

Mitchell Pearce says family is going through 'traumatic' time

Pearce initially claimed the nuptials were postponed due to coronavirus but it has now been confirmed, the alleged inappropriate messages to the young woman caused the couple to pull the pin

The ceremony was meant to be held in Byron Bay before 150 guests but it was called off at the last minute, with some guests getting less than a week's notice of the changed plans

'For me it's been a traumatic few weeks for my personal life and those I love,' Pearce said at a media conference in January.

'Unfortunately my actions have impacted the team and more importantly the people I have closest to me, Kristin and my family.

'I'm taking steps now to address these issues and I feel it would be in the best interests of the club for me to step down as captain this season.'

He fought back tears as he voiced his love for the Newcastle team and vowed to overcome the embarrassing public incident, which disrupted the club's preseason campaign.

'I love this club and I love my family and I'm committed to working as hard as I can to be the best man I can be both on and off the field,' he said.

The couple have not been pictured together on the barre instructor's Instagram for more than two months, with Pearce recently deleting his own page.

27028542-9120267-Ms_Scott_shared_a_picture_of_herself_with_Pearce_after_a_State_o-a-1_1611781793557.jpg

+9
Ms Scott shared a picture of herself with Pearce after a State of Origin series win in 2019

Pearce (pictured above) won a premiership with the Roosters in 2013 and is a leading halfback in the NRL, a veteran of 297 NRL games, and a much-valued talent at the Knights

When Ms Scott celebrated her 29th birthday this month, she uploaded a series of photos to her Instagram, none of which included Pearce.

Pearce was also absent from photos on New Year's Eve and Christmas.

The last time the couple were seen together in a photo on her Instagram was on November 6 at the opening of their Barre Effect studio in Newcastle.

Coach Adam O'Brien has since named a five-man leadership group in the wake of Pearce's departure as captain.

Mitch Barnett, Kalyn Ponga, Daniel Saifiti, Blake Green and Jayden Brailey are now tasked with providing guidance for the rest of the playing group but it's still not clear who the captain will be when the Knights take on the Bulldogs on March 12 for Round 1 of the upcoming competition.

Pearce joined the Knights in 2018 after starting his NRL career with the Sydney Roosters in 2007.

He won a premiership with the Tricolours in 2013 and has made 19 appearances for NSW in State of Origin, finally winning a series in 2019.

The couple have not been pictured together on the barre instructor's Instagram for more than two months, with Pearce recently deleting his own page

Pearce's show-stopping dramas away from the footy field
2014 - Kings Cross, Sydney - Then with the Sydney Roosters, the halfback was arrested and issued with an infringement notice for failing to leave a licensed premises. Later revealed he made advances to a woman in a 'yellow dress' who declined to take the matter further. Fined $20,000 by his club, banned for one match

2016 - Australia Day - Filmed simulating a sex act with a dog in another person's apartment before declaring he 'didn't have' a sexuality. Fined a whopping $125,000 by the NRL and suspended for eight games

2020 - December - Pearce's wedding to fiancee Kristin Scott is called off after the footy star is caught sending racy messages to a female staff member at the Newcastle Knights

2021 - January: The halfback stands down as club captain

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-studio-split-footy-star-Mitchell-Pearce.html

Kristin Scott poses ring-free in her Barre studio after her split from footy star Mitchell Pearce

Zadar

Juniors
Gee for all the criticism Pearce has copped, that’s a very poor list of “show stopping” misdemeanours. They wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow away from the footy field, poor bugger has copped it big time compared to many many other players.

I always like the term “glamour couple” too, not in the least bit overused :rolling_eyes:

myrrh ken

First Grade
I’m guessing you’ve been with the same amount
Myrrh Ken's been around the traps more than a few times in days past but he's only with one now. It's quite a boring story so not sure why it's relevant. But thanks for asking.

I think you either have some burning desire to recount your own past or are insecure about your own number.

Why people are hanging shit on the girl I dunno. Usually it's these incel MRA virgins. Yeah she must've known he's a dickhead but surely thats on him not her.

T-Boon

Coach
Why people are hanging shit on the girl I dunno. Usually it's these incel MRA virgins. Yeah she must've known he's a dickhead but surely thats on him not her.

Women who go for footballers are a particular type.
I find those women to be arseholes.

myrrh ken

First Grade
because the men the go for are arseholes and they like that so they make themselves a particular way. That is my theory as to why they are arseholes, if you have a theory lets have it.
In Catch 22, there's a bloke that disapproved of loose women who turned him down.

You remind me of him