What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce sexting scandal

Just saw a bit of his press conference. Very mechanical, devoid of any sincerity, total spin with obligatory prepared statement and no questions, Crisis Management 101. Obviously embarrassed and apologetic but not for his behaviour, just sorry he was caught and it cost him.

Absolutely typical vanilla celebrity apology, worth nothing.

Yeah, they were so afraid of him screwing up they banned him answering questions.

They were comparing the playing group to a family today. Lol.

The clubs management is treating us as if we are idiots. Spin and bullshit.

They surely lack the courage of the convictions.

There’s simply no leadership at the knights at the moment. They be will happy to use this as an excuse for a tough season.

They must think their fans and members have a lower iq than Mitch. That’s sad.

Someguy

First Grade
The 60 Minutes/ a current affair special on Mitchell Pearce in 10 years will be an absolute ripper.

Decade is a long time who knows where the goalposts will have moved to by then. Open relationships may be the media accepted norm and we will all look back and giggle that he had to apologise and stand down as captain over something insignificant like sexting

mozza91

Coach
Decade is a long time who knows where the goalposts will have moved to by then. Open relationships may be the media accepted norm and we will all look back and giggle that he had to apologise and stand down as captain over something insignificant like sexting
I must be really progressive because I think it’s ridiculous now that he had to stand down and apologise for what’s happened.

Sure, the act itself was juvenile at worst and I suppose a source of entertainment, perhaps some kind of mental stimulation. Covert and forbidden. Naughty and therefore fun in his scrambled mind.

But his beautiful fiancé likely had boundaries, certainly the club and young girls boyfriend did.

He just couldn’t control his pursuit of what he perceived to be fun over his respect for other people, in particular those close and the club he claims “to love”.

If he wants an open relationship, he should find a partner who is of the same mindset and he can love on to his hearts content. Well he may have to now anyway!

O’Brien describing the event as a “galvanising force” was just extreme bullshit. On that logic, the club should pay for the players mobile contracts.

Compare that to the bulldogs and their brutal but appropriate handling of the school sex scandal. They lost a sponsor too. The knights sponsors must be thinking twice. I hope not.

Its not what he did ( which is lame) but the intent behind it. The intent to be a f**kwit in my honest view.

I couldn’t give a rats about people who want an open relationship. Matter for them, makes them happy, fine.

Last edited:
It's only an issue that he did it with a knight's employee.

Who has indirect connections to current players. Total stupidity.

But from fiancé’s perspective, you wouldn’t know how many more young ladies he’s been sexting with. He didn’t share that one with her. But that’s his private emotional business v the club impact. Off limits to me in detail, other than, she seems like a very nice person.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Who has indirect connections to current players. Total stupidity.

But from fiancé’s perspective, you wouldn’t know how many more young ladies he’s been sexting with. He didn’t share that one with her. But that’s his private emotional business v the club impact. Off limits to me in detail, other than, she seems like a very nice person.

Even if she wasn't friends with knights players, its an HR issue that the knights would have to deal with. Potential harassment in the workplace issue - dunno if it was nonconsensual.

Feel for the girl, but surely she's seen his track record .

Frederick

Staff member
Compare that to the bulldogs and their brutal but appropriate handling of the school sex scandal. They lost a sponsor too. The knights sponsors must be thinking twice. I hope not.

What a f**king stupid comparison. The situations are nothing alike.

You certainly have a lot to say on this massive non-issue, and most of it is f**king garbage

myrrh ken

First Grade
What a f**king stupid comparison. The situations are nothing alike.

You certainly have a lot to say on this massive non-issue, and most of it is f**king garbage

Well with the bulldogs one - the girls seemed to be consensual. And there was no complainant from memory?

Frederick

Staff member
Well with the bulldogs one - the girls seemed to be consensual. And there was no complainant from memory?
May have been consensual and no complaint, but the fact that it happened after the players first met them at their school made it highly inappropriate and almost akin to grooming.

The Pearce situation involves two people working for the same organisation. Still not a good look, but nowhere near as bad as hooking up with school kids

myrrh ken

First Grade
May have been consensual and no complaint, but the fact that it happened after the players first met them at their school made it highly inappropriate and almost akin to grooming.

The Pearce situation involves two people working for the same organisation. Still not a good look, but nowhere near as bad as hooking up with school kids

Both are HR issues. No illegalities

Frederick

Staff member
Do you want people to contribute or not mate?

Put your own view across. It’s a forum.
My view is who f**king cares? It's a sext. He's not the first to send one, he won't be the last. He's worn the consequences, lost his fiance, lost the captaincy of the club and more than likely won't be re-signed.

Definitely doesn't need four pages of "well maybe he wants to be in an open relationship"

Frederick

Staff member
Both are HR issues. No illegalities
Never said there were any illegalities. What I said is the situations are very different. Not all HR issues are the same, you know. From a sponsors point of view, a player sexting someone else in their organisation is not as big a deal as players hooking up with schoolkids following a club sanctioned visit to the school.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Never said there were any illegalities. What I said is the situations are very different. Not all HR issues are the same, you know. From a sponsors point of view, a player sexting someone else in their organisation is not as big a deal as players hooking up with schoolkids following a club sanctioned visit to the school.

May be different severity, but genie is out of the bottle and clubs has to put it through the same sausage factory. I think comparisons are valid.

Tweed Titan

Bench
We'll call this one apology 2 and the dog one apology 1. Crocodile tears in both too.

I'm sure the Knights players are all keen to go into battle with such a top bloke. I hear he also plays well in big games and in pressure situations.

Re-sign him Knights you know it's a no-brainer.

Reactions: Vee

blue bags

First Grade
images
images
71f897f94cd1af44a3cdb5b51921492f