What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

Vic Mackey

Referee
Rumours are: Zach Dockar-Clay, Allan Fitzgibbon are a chance but a few others have been mentioned including Ky Rodwell?
?

Just from what I’ve read I think Fitzgibbon and Rodwell are the likely ones, unless someone at another club under contract becomes available.

Fitzgibbon has been highlighted a lot on the club socials and we only have one genuine winger on our entire roster so he would make sense.

We have some decent quality props however it’s the position you need depth as they often get injured/Suspended, so a backup level one would be good. Rodwell was very highly rated coming through the jnrs at Souths, he played nsw/Aus jnrs. No footy last year really hurt the 20-21 year olds looking to make a name for themselves.

I dare say they’ll both play next week so we’ll get a look at them.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just from what I’ve read I think Fitzgibbon and Rodwell are the likely ones, unless someone at another club under contract becomes available.

Fitzgibbon has been highlighted a lot on the club socials and we only have one genuine winger on our entire roster so he would make sense.

We have some decent quality props however it’s the position you need depth as they often get injured/Suspended, so a backup level one would be good. Rodwell was very highly rated coming through the jnrs at Souths, he played nsw/Aus jnrs. No footy last year really hurt the 20-21 year olds looking to make a name for themselves.

I dare say they’ll both play next week so we’ll get a look at them.
Yep, thinking ZDC will replace Walters, the other one being mentioned is Robert-Davis (I think he is related to JTJ?)

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
What happens with the blokes who don't make the top 30? Can they be signed on second tier contracts for NSW Cup?

It'd be nice if we could hold onto some of them.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From the other site, JAC we are coming for you:joy:

NRL 2021: Wests Tigers rookie Allan Fitzgibbon joins race for NRL’s fastest man

Nick Campton
@campo37
less than 2 min read
February 18, 2021 - 7:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Tigers might have uncovered another contender for the title of rugby league’s fastest man in unknown winger Allan Fitzgibbon.

Wests Tigers are set to unleash a new contender for the title of rugby league’s fastest man in Saturday’s trial against the Roosters in Camden.
Allan Fitzgibbon might be little known to many fans but he’s impressed those around the club with his incredible pace off the mark after joining on a train and trial deal over the off-season.

New recruit James Roberts is still the fastest at Concord, if not the quickest in the game, and the former Origin flyer has been leaving his new teammates for dead all summer - except for Fitzgibbon, who has been able to keep Roberts honest in the pace stakes.

With a graceful running style to go with his raw speed, Fitzgibbon’s style is reminiscent of Josh Addo-Carr, who also got his start at the Tigers before becoming the game’s best winger after transferring to the Storm.

The Tigers are well stocked for wingers with David Nofoaluma, Asu Kepaoa, Tommy Talau and new recruit Daine Laurie, but Fitzgibbon’s athleticism and ability to beat defenders in the open field make him one to watch in the future.

Fitzgibbon previously played in the lower grades at Penrith, scoring three tries in three Canterbury Cup matches in 2019.

He then spent time in the Australian Rugby Sevens set up later that season before returning to rugby league, playing for Redfern All Blacks in last year’s National Indigenous Rugby League Championship.

Fitzgibbon was crowned the fastest man at the tournament, winning a 100 metre dash in a scorching time of 11.1 seconds.

Both the Tigers and Roosters will use this weekend’s trial to blood youngsters and fringe first graders - only players who appeared in less than 12 NRL games last year are eligible to take the field.

Teenage cross-code phenom Joseph Suaalii has been tipped to make his Roosters debut while the Tricolours are also expected to play another promising youngster in 18-year old halfback Sam Walker

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not sure on this guy, seems to have talent but Panthers fans don’t rate him, and they rate every single one of their juniours

Tigerm

First Grade
Not sure on this guy, seems to have talent but Panthers fans don’t rate him, and they rate every single one of their juniours
Well, I trust the recruitment team have done there due diligence, so I’m just gunna enjoy the ride to see what happens.

Vozzy

Juniors
Fitzgibbon looks like a genuine athlete. I know it's a lower level but he had speed and used it to break tackles on the highlight reel. I like guys who use their speed as power. Seems a bit like a young JAC. I know he is unproven but he seems like a guy who the storm would poach of us and look like a million dollar winger lol. We need to hold on to players like this. Speed isn't coachable and we have lacked it for years now we could have 3 speedstars in the back line potentially.

As for the players having "groups" it could be more who they hang out with outside of footy. It's normal in society for say islanders and aboriginal To hang out with others of their heritage I'm sure if they win it won't matter.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Correction, they rate every one of their juniors while still in the panthers system. Moylan went from being a better fullback than teddy and future Aussie 5/8 to being shit the instant he left for the sharks

hahahaa the panthers who were willing to die on the ‘Moylan is better then Tedesco’ hill was something else

WA Tiger

Bench
The small worry is, he isn’t contracted yet (I believe) so if his trial goes well, he may get poached?
Ok ..You’d think then there’d be some kind of protection for us since it’s about giving these train and trial guys a shot..

Tigerm

First Grade
Ok ..You’d think then there’d be some kind of protection for us since it’s about giving these train and trial guys a shot..
Not sure how it works, I would think though, if they are not contracted they are open for anyone.
But in saying that, I’m sure a contract from us would be at the ground waiting.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Fitzgibbon looks like a genuine athlete. I know it's a lower level but he had speed and used it to break tackles on the highlight reel. I like guys who use their speed as power. Seems a bit like a young JAC. I know he is unproven but he seems like a guy who the storm would poach of us and look like a million dollar winger lol. We need to hold on to players like this. Speed isn't coachable and we have lacked it for years now we could have 3 speedstars in the back line potentially.

As for the players having "groups" it could be more who they hang out with outside of footy. It's normal in society for say islanders and aboriginal To hang out with others of their heritage I'm sure if they win it won't matter.

He really does have all the attributes of a player the Storm would poach of us