What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Not sure what exactly we take out of that one. Nice to get a rare round 1 win but it looks a long season ahead for Manly.

I was happy they kept the foot down and stayed committed in defence for the full 80 but fair to say much tougher tests are in front of us.

What do we do at hooker next week? If Verills is fit he comes in. If not lussick? Lam to hooker and young walker to debut is an intriguing option.

3 teddy
2 B-Moz
1 Sitilli

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Teddy
2. Bmoz
1. Keary

A very impressive first up hit out against an albeit dreadful Manly side featuring about 13 reserve graders.

The back 5 were immense and the young forwards really laid the groundwork. The development of Lindsay has been amazing to watch.

And I'd bring in Lussick in a straight swap. Walker will debut on the bench in place of Keighran who impressed me.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy
2. B Morris
1. Angus

Lussick most likely to come in for Friend. He wasn’t named for the Bears game today.

3. Teddy
2. B Moz
1. Angus

Thoughts on Lam guys? Thought he was a little anonymous if not workman-like at best for a half. It’s clearly Luke’s team to run but he’s got Walker breathing down his neck. I don’t envy the position he’s in. It does feel like he’s keeping the position warm for Sam, though.

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy
2. B Moz
1. Angus

Thoughts on Lam guys? Thought he was a little anonymous if not workman-like at best for a half. It’s clearly Luke’s team to run but he’s got Walker breathing down his neck. I don’t envy the position he’s in. It does feel like he’s keeping the position warm for Sam, though.
Sam his having a very good game for the Bears at the moment. On fox if interested. He is in everything. Won’t be long before he is playing FG. Agree with Lam’s assessment. Didn’t overplay things but was solid enough.

Valheru

Coach
3. Teddy
2. B Moz
1. Angus

He is definitely keeping the seat warm and his long term position will be 14.

Don't sleep on a potential Manu move to 5/8 with keary at halfback if sualli gets permission to play. I thought he was very impressive there when keary went off.

Either way its nice to have options and it will be interesting what the friend/verrils/lam/walker/keighran puzzle looks like come end of season

3 points:
hat-trick-teddy.jpg

2 points: Angus Crichton

1 point: Brett Morris.

horrie hastings

First Grade
3 -Brett Morris
2- James Tedesco
1- Angus

special mention to Sitili Tupouniua and also Joey Manu who had a few good touches.

The Dally M votes were allocated as follows:

3. Brett Morris;
2. Lindsay Collins;
1. James Tedesco.

NRL 2021: Round 1 snapshot - NRL

For what it was worth, I disagreed with the actual votes.

I would have thought they would have been something along the following lines:

3. James Tedesco;
2. Angus Crichton or Lindsay Collins;
1. Brett Morris.

I will be interested to see what the supporters' votes are on the Roosters website in due course.