What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
That was a very nice win in atrocious conditions and our 2nd best 80 minute performance after the Parra game IMO.

The defence played the conditions perfectly and were willing all game. We were always first to the ball with those tricky grubbers and made a couple of try saving tackles when needed. We got a tad lucky a couple of times but you make your own luck through organisation, commitment and enthusiasm.

I can't critique the attack either way in this one due to the conditions. I thought both Smith and Radley were excellent all game putting on 2 very smart to the conditions plays to get our tries. I thought the ball handling was all in all pretty good given the conditions except for that first 10 minutes of the 2nd half where we got the dropsies again. We really need to stop shifting the ball when that happens and if we need to play one out to just get through a set then so be it.

The whole forward pack for me was enormous especially Sitilli who just adds so much energy in both attack and defence. You can cop the odd inevitable error from him due to his hard running style when he continuously gets over the advantage line.

3 Smith
2 Rads
1 Sitilli

We are now 5-3 and on the edge of the top 4. Not bad for a team that, according to the media, was in emergency mode because they lost away games to Melbourne and Cronulla.

We are exactly where we need to be to give this a crack at the end of the season. We really need to consolidate that position this week against a poor but desperate Cowboys outfit.

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
3 - Sitili
2 - Smith
1 - Radley

Agree on our forwards, thought they were all great and Egan Butcher is really finding himself these last few weeks in what i thought was a slow start to the season for him.

Need to really back it up this week. Interesting to see what Robbo does with Walker given Momo's injury. I'd play him and move Joey back to right centre to take care of Holmes.

Agree with all the comments above. Must admit I didn’t fancy our chances so very impressed with their performance, especially in conditions we’ve traditionally struggled in.

The big boys laid the foundation and consistently made good yards up the middle. Really loving how Collins is showing he’s ready to take the reigns from Jared when the big fella finally calls it a day. Thought the Cheese had his best game yet for us and is hopefully comfortable within our system now and Sitilli getting better with the with the more minutes he plays.

I know there was a bit of luck but I’m stoked in the zero on the score sheet. It’s been a while since we’ve achieved that. Also stoked in not only Rads‘ performance but also not getting binned such is the nervousness I feel every time a player lays down in a tackle lol.

3. Le Frommage
2. Rads
1. Sitilli

PS
@Headless Chook, how many minutes do you think Billy Smith will play before he gets injured again? f**k me that poor bloke has had some appalling luck.

Latest posts