What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

Kilkenny

Coach
Another brutal week of footy on the injury front. Thankfully we’ve got thru relatively unscathed even if Spencer appears to be carrying a couple of knocks.

The_Frog

First Grade
Bunker can't rule on forward passes but a knock on with the exact same mechanics and visuals as a pass can be ruled on.

I'm confusion.
The rule is different for a knock on. If the ball travels forward for any reason its a knock on. However for a pass if it is passed backwards and is carried forward by momentum, wind, reverse swing, etc, it is not a forward pass. I'm not entirely sure how DRS type technology will overcome this unless they change the rule for forward passes to be like that for knock ons.

Still, camera angles can be deceiving in both cases.

WestyLife

First Grade
The rule is different for a knock on. If the ball travels forward for any reason its a knock on. However for a pass if it is passed backwards and is carried forward by momentum, wind, reverse swing, etc, it is not a forward pass. I'm not entirely sure how DRS type technology will overcome this unless they change the rule for forward passes to be like that for knock ons.

Still, camera angles can be deceiving in both cases.

The reason the bunker can't rule on it is because the camera angle makes it hard to tell if a pass is forward or not. It's like an optical illusion.

Original Name

Juniors
If the bunker makes a mistake are they accountable?
What are they going to do? Suspend a guy for a couple games and make everyone else more nervous and on edge so they take 3 minutes to go over every decision and get even more criticism leading to even less confidence?

Kilkenny

Coach
Watching this game live is it just me or is Cooper Cronk painful to listen to. He takes five sentences to what he could probably say in one. Maybe it is just me but his over elaborate explanations and analysis does my head in.

murraymob

Coach
Milford is easily the most over paid player in the game .The broncs need to move him along and use that money better

The_Frog

First Grade
Watching this game live is it just me or is Cooper Cronk painful to listen to. He takes five sentences to what he could probably say in one. Maybe it is just me but his over elaborate explanations and analysis does my head in.
It's not just you. They're all whinging about him in the game day forum too.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's not just you. They're all whinging about him in the game day forum too.

His analysis is really painful. I reckon is they did a total word count between him and the match caller, Vossy, he would come out on top.

I watch all games on fox, but any games Cooper is the expert analyst on fox that are also covered by Nine I’m switching over I can’t stomach him any more. He is too much for me.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
His analysis is really painful. I reckon is they did a total word count between him and the match caller, Vossy, he would come out on top.

I watch all games on fox, but any games Cooper is the expert analyst on fox that are also covered by Nine I’m switching over I can’t stomach him any more. He is too much for me.

I often go to Radio sound over both but without Kayo. Then it is really a toss most games.

Vossy is the better caller but most of Fox's number 2 in the box is hopeless

Latest posts