What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

WestyLife

First Grade
Eh, I see where you're coming from, but Tapine wasn't on the field. You shouldn't be involving the bench in that kind of stuff.

That said, I agree it's hardly a big deal. A suspension would be an insane punishment.

The suspension was just hyperbole because I he's played pretty bad this year. Though Tapine was just waiting to be interchanged like you said which makes it worse.

betcats

Referee
Quote me where I said it was wrong to chase more money.

It's a performance based industry and he's been trash at fullback and quiet at best at centre. Players will always be judged on pay Vs performance because that's what they are suppose to be worth in terms of skill and contribution to the team.

People keep calling for Momirovski to be dropped so him and Burton can play centre when Momirovski has out played him so far.

I am pretty sure you called it disgusting westy and gave him no credit for his own form last year at the same time. Spin it how you want now but it was a black and white comment, Luai and Kilau are playing better this year than they were last year does that mean Burton’s form is only because of them? What silly logic. Critta was awesome last year turning on him cause of a big contract and a little form slump is just sad.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am pretty sure you called it disgusting westy and gave him no credit for his own form last year at the same time. Spin it how you want now but it was a black and white comment, Luai and Kilau are playing better this year than they were last year does that mean Burton’s form is only because of them? What silly logic. Critta was awesome last year turning on him cause of a big contract and a little form slump is just sad.

A couple of things Critta did last night were brilliant. His Gidley flick to set up Staines. Brilliant.

Fancy wanting see a player suspended from your own team......amazing.

Critta hasn't played a full game at fullback since highschool. When you consider Critta's position set up the defence 2 tries in both games, how good is that !

If anyone goes down to cup when Api and Dylan returns it will be Kenny and Burton because he's committed elsewhere in 2022.

WestyLife

First Grade

I never said the word disgusting.

I said "shame he didn't get suspended" which had more than a touch of hyperbole to express my displeasure at his form this year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My opinion:

Critta and Momo are our two best centre’s.

Burton has been great, no doubt, but Critta just has a bit more speed.

Nado is also great, but had his issues in D

WestyLife

First Grade
A couple of things Critta did last night were brilliant. His Gidley flick to set up Staines. Brilliant.

Fancy wanting see a player suspended from your own team......amazing.

Critta hasn't played a full game at fullback since highschool. When you consider Critta's position set up the defence 2 tries in both games, how good is that !

If anyone goes down to cup when Api and Dylan returns it will be Kenny and Burton because he's committed elsewhere in 2022.

F**king hell, I don't actually want him suspended.

My opinion:

Critta and Momo are our two best centre’s.

Burton has been great, no doubt, but Critta just has a bit more speed.

Nado is also great, but had his issues in D

Surely our top side has Api/Edwards back with Critta/Momirovski at centre.

age.s

First Grade
The suspension was just hyperbole because I he's played pretty bad this year. Though Tapine was just waiting to be interchanged like you said which makes it worse.

He hasn't had a great year so far, but you don't nurture a young talent like Crichton by chucking him to the curb after a quiet month. He's a core member of our squad for at least the next few years and there could be several reasons why he's not fired yet, many of which won't be solved by being dropped to reserve grade. The coaching staff should have a much better view of what's hindering him, so it makes sense that we trust their judgement on this.

WestyLife

First Grade
He hasn't had a great year so far, but you don't nurture a young talent like Crichton by chucking him to the curb after a quiet month. He's a core member of our squad for at least the next few years and there could be several reasons why he's not fired yet, many of which won't be solved by being dropped to reserve grade. The coaching staff should have a much better view of what's hindering him, so it makes sense that we trust their judgement on this.

Let's hope so. We'll need it.

Pomoz

Bench
Cleary used the exact term to describe the Raider’s gameplay. He said there was a lot of ‘spoiling’ in the game. The Raiders set out to rough us up, bash us and niggle us out of our groove. As Ennis said, when we are in our groove we are unstoppable. Wighton and Hodgson were menaces. Working players over in the tackle and slowing play to a crawl. The ref let them get away with murder. That is why they had a faster play the ball than we did.

I think it worked for the first 15 minutes. But it turns out you can’t bash us out of the game. JFH, Yeo, Kikau and Martin are understated tough. You won’t intimidate those guys. JFH is dead set nails hard. Those eyes..he scares the shit out of me and he is on my team! Papali wasn’t able to throw his weight around with JFH on the field.

To win the Premiership you need to able to play all styles, flashy like South’s, grinding like the Storm and tough like the Raiders. As the Raiders’ game showed, grinding and tough we can do in spades. But we haven’t mastered “flashy’ yet. Scoring against teams that defend well like the Storm is still our biggest weakness. Once we get flashy sorted, we can beat all the teams any time, any day.

You can see that our attack is starting to emerge to a new level with Luai, he has the ‘X’ factor that Mitchell, Tedesco and Papenhausen provide the other contenders. But we need Edwards, Staines, Crichton and Momo to make that next step to unleash our attack to the next level. To’o is already at elite level and before his injury Edward’s was showing signs he was stepping up, but the rest of the back line isn’t there yet. Good, but not elite. The other contenders will be praying that our back line doesn’t get any better and Crichton’s second season syndrome lasts all year.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary used the exact term to describe the Raider’s gameplay. He said there was a lot of ‘spoiling’ in the game. The Raiders set out to rough us up, bash us and niggle us out of our groove. As Ennis said, when we are in our groove we are unstoppable. Wighton and Hodgson were menaces. Working players over in the tackle and slowing play to a crawl. The ref let them get away with murder. That is why they had a faster play the ball than we did.

I think it worked for the first 15 minutes. But it turns out you can’t bash us out of the game. JFH, Yeo, Kikau and Martin are understated tough. You won’t intimidate those guys. JFH is dead set nails hard. Those eyes..he scares the shit out of me and he is on my team! Papali wasn’t able to throw his weight around with JFH on the field.

To win the Premiership you need to able to play all styles, flashy like South’s, grinding like the Storm and tough like the Raiders. As the Raiders’ game showed, grinding and tough we can do in spades. But we haven’t mastered “flashy’ yet. Scoring against teams that defend well like the Storm is still our biggest weakness. Once we get flashy sorted, we can beat all the teams any time, any day.

You can see that our attack is starting to emerge to a new level with Luai, he has the ‘X’ factor that Mitchell, Tedesco and Papenhausen provide the other contenders. But we need Edwards, Staines, Crichton and Momo to make that next step to unleash our attack to the next level. To’o is already at elite level and before his injury Edward’s was showing signs he was stepping up, but the rest of the back line isn’t there yet. Good, but not elite. The other contenders will be praying that our back line doesn’t get any better and Crichton’s second season syndrome lasts all year.

Funny you mention Cri hton second year syndrome. Physically he reminds me of Latrell Mitchell which is why I get so cranky. If he's at 100% I don't think he can be stopped, either layer this year or over the next few years he'll be scary. Gotta get him hungry for the contest.

franklin2323

Immortal
Funny you mention Cri hton second year syndrome. Physically he reminds me of Latrell Mitchell which is why I get so cranky. If he's at 100% I don't think he can be stopped, either layer this year or over the next few years he'll be scary. Gotta get him hungry for the contest.

Patience though. As I said a few NRL Clubs would kill their starting fullback to be putting out those sort of numbers.

We have a player in his 2nd full year of FG filling in and still got better numbers than some teams and is still Flegg aged

WestyLife

First Grade
Patience though. As I said a few NRL Clubs would kill their starting fullback to be putting out those sort of numbers.

We have a player in his 2nd full year of FG filling in and still got better numbers than some teams and is still Flegg aged

The errors and lack of urgency is what I don't like. He'd be a very solid fill in without that. I do think it's a matter of when not if though. He'll have a big moment in a game some times that'll give him confidence and kick on I'm sure. I have a lot of faith in his future. Potentially our highest skilled player based on how he's built physically.

Latest posts