What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
It’s a pretty brutal game (coaching) and there’s never any guarantee of longevity anywhere. Where I feel a bit sorry for Bomber is that he’s done all the hard work and been instrumental in bringing through a great batch of juniors. I was looking forward to seeing him move on the deadwood and adding some class to an already healthy roster. Having said that.... Fitzgibbon would have been my preference as his replacement from the get go. Bomber will likely handle it like the true professional he is and I hope the players take the same attitude any try to send him out on a good note.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Dunno how the club could afford so many coaches when Morris is getting peanuts.
Yeah that’s where it’s a bit f**ked up. Bomber was paid peanuts and forced to operate on a shoestring budget. Sounds like Dino has decided that we are no longer going to be operating that way moving forward. If this all turns out the way we hope and the club has consistent success I guess we’ll always be grateful for Bombers input just like we were for Beakers’ back in the day.

Dunno how the club could afford so many coaches when Morris is getting peanuts.
They have been planning for a real shot. When they signed Bomber they wanted to keep it cheap as possible, all the while knowing next year is the one to take off with.
Lets not forget that no-one has actually signed anything yet, but the plans are getting leaked both privately and to the media.

shadowboxer

First Grade
With all the attention maybe the club backflips and re sign bomber
C’mon...don’t look back only forward.
We have been burned before in this scenario but this thing isn’t being run by old Barry and the fat controller.
Onwards and upwards

roboshark

Coach
C’mon...don’t look back only forward.
We have been burned before in this scenario but this thing isn’t being run by old Barry and the fat controller.
Onwards and upwards
Yeah im not saying I want that im just saying they might do that

Tiger Shark

Bench
Nah... sounds like it has legs. I think the only possible compromise is they keep Bomber on in charge of junior development or a similar role until he lands another first grade gig. Unlikely to happen but would be good public relations for the club.

I like the idea but he’ll have to take a pay cut if that happens. Though seems like only way he’s staying on his current salary is if he goes to the Roosters.

Latest posts