What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

Blues Riff

Bench
Please note that it's not the Penrith fans crowing about Lodge's comments.
It's neutrals indulging in a bit of "vicarious smug"

The_Frog

First Grade
He arks up against opposition players because he knows they can’t retaliate. It’s got nothing to do with passion, it’s his arrogance. As was Crichton’s behaviour with Tapine.
There was lots of niggle in that game. It was in the Raiders game plan to try to upset the Panthers and it failed miserably. Crichton copped some sledging earlier when he made errors. He gets a sting in the pocket and should have not done it but what is a bloke doing right near the corner post where the opposition is scoring a try anyway?

mozza91

Coach
Ok..........

So..........

Team mates are not “entitled” to celebrate a try being scored or else they’re “f**kwits”?!?
They can celebrate all they want. Bumping into an opposition player and goading them is what’s wrong with it.

The only other player who I recall doing that was Kenny Edwards and he was a total merkin as well.

betcats

Referee
They can celebrate all they want. Bumping into an opposition player and goading them is what’s wrong with it.

The only other player who I recall doing that was Kenny Edwards and he was a total merkin as well.

So you can only recall one other player who has bumped into a player or goaded another player?? You must be the biggest moron in the world in that case.

Well done Mozza you just took the lead for the most idiotic comment on LU forums this year.

nick87

Coach
There was lots of niggle in that game. It was in the Raiders game plan to try to upset the Panthers and it failed miserably.

Small correction here
I was working a f**king treat, we were on top and should have been up 12-0

Once CNK leaves the game and you've got to move Whitehead to centre, and you've got that lunatic Rapana playing fullback, god love him but he's got a shared custody arrangement with BJ for brains... and basically you're not going to beat the panthers when you've got that sort of thing happening

betcats

Referee
Small correction here
I was working a f**king treat, we were on top and should have been up 12-0

Once CNK leaves the game and you've got to move Whitehead to centre, and you've got that lunatic Rapana playing fullback, god love him but he's got a shared custody arrangement with BJ for brains... and basically you're not going to beat the panthers when you've got that sort of thing happening

The only reason you were on top was because of our unforced errors, Fish and Leota dropping the ball well before the defence has nothing to do with you, same as the mistakes from Crichton at fullback, they were unforced errors. We were comfortably marching down field all game long, as soon as we stopped dropping the ball we started pulling away.

SDM

First Grade
There was lots of niggle in that game. It was in the Raiders game plan to try to upset the Panthers and it failed miserably. Crichton copped some sledging earlier when he made errors. He gets a sting in the pocket and should have not done it but what is a bloke doing right near the corner post where the opposition is scoring a try anyway?

Waiting to be interchanged.

nick87

Coach
The only reason you were on top was because of our unforced errors, Fish and Leota dropping the ball well before the defence has nothing to do with you, same as the mistakes from Crichton at fullback, they were unforced errors. We were comfortably marching down field all game long, as soon as we stopped dropping the ball we started pulling away.

Both teams were marching, it was a very physical but open qtr of footy

It's all pretty moot now as the game has been won and lost, so ultimately cares? But i dont think those errors were completely unrelated to the fact Canberra had successful gotten under the skin of the panthers pretty quickly, and i know the signs of that, the sharks and manly do it to us every god damn year

And it can put you off your game. If CNK stays on the park, do we win? No idea, if i had to guess i'd say probably not. But it's certainly a much closer contest.

betcats

Referee
Both teams were marching, it was a very physical but open qtr of footy

It's all pretty moot now as the game has been won and lost, so ultimately cares? But i dont think those errors were completely unrelated to the fact Canberra had successful gotten under the skin of the panthers pretty quickly, and i know the signs of that, the sharks and manly do it to us every god damn year

And it can put you off your game. If CNK stays on the park, do we win? No idea, if i had to guess i'd say probably not. But it's certainly a much closer contest.

That is just what I think happened. It was like four or five sets we had your inside half that we knocked on, Moses Leota cold drop, Fish cold drop, Charlie staines four minutes in when he came over to the over side of the field for the set play, cold drop. Matt Burton going towards the sideline and throwing it forward on 1st tackle(defence deserves credit). That is 4 sets right there from before the first try that would've been an attacking kick and with Nathan and Jerome our attacking kicking game is probably the best in the NRL. We were on the front foot when all those mistakes were made, throw in Critta foot on the line and fumbling of the grubber, that all came before our first points.

mozza91

Coach
So you can only recall one other player who has bumped into a player or goaded another player?? You must be the biggest moron in the world in that case.

Well done Mozza you just took the lead for the most idiotic comment on LU forums this year.
If celebrating with opposition players and goading them is so common how about you shower us with some examples numb nuts?

Tapine could of put an end to Crichton’s exploits by deservedly punching seven shades of shit out of him after his carry on but he showed much more restraint than I thought he had.

nick87

Coach
That is just what I think happened. It was like four or five sets we had your inside half that we knocked on, Moses Leota cold drop, Fish cold drop, Charlie staines four minutes in when he came over to the over side of the field for the set play, cold drop. Matt Burton going towards the sideline and throwing it forward on 1st tackle(defence deserves credit). That is 4 sets right there from before the first try that would've been an attacking kick and with Nathan and Jerome our attacking kicking game is probably the best in the NRL. We were on the front foot when all those mistakes were made, throw in Critta foot on the line and fumbling of the grubber, that all came before our first points.

Fair enough. If thats how you saw it, that's how you saw it.
Hopefully we get a chance to see the panthers and Raiders go at it again in the finals

betcats

Referee
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcc280c8d-88cc-4b17-92a5-e442e79f95e2

Geez look at that thuggery! LOL@all the outrage over this event, Critta and Tapine are in the middle of it having a laugh obviously mates, what a joke this thread is.

betcats

Referee
If celebrating with opposition players and goading them is so common how about you shower us with some examples numb nuts?

Tapine could of put an end to Crichton’s exploits by deservedly punching seven shades of shit out of him after his carry on but he showed much more restraint than I thought he had.

Goading players and bumping players has happened every game since the sport was invented if you need that proven you are genuinely and idiot.

Walpole

Juniors
Have to say, the only thing I'd really noticed about Penrith before this thread was what a good side they are, but my eyes have now been opened. Merkins!