What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

MugaB

Coach
haha, I wasnt talking about last year, I was talking about the previous ten!
What you on about? This is a Penrith thread.
You did say last decade, which involves last year no, be a bit more specific and you might get a specific answer, otherwise be obtuse, and get and answer regarding why the fück have even have a average over a decade, why not just last 5 years or since NRL began in 1998. Are we moving goal posts PR, To suit narratives. Either way Wont see that kind of average out of Perth, not till you get a licence

Perth Red

Post Whore
You did say last decade, which involves last year no, be a bit more specific and you might get a specific answer, otherwise be obtuse, and get and answer regarding why the fück have even have a average over a decade, why not just last 5 years or since NRL began in 1998. Are we moving goal posts PR, To suit narratives. Either way Wont see that kind of average out of Perth, not till you get a licence

Generally when looking at data, taking a reasonable sample size helps reduce annual variability like fixtures and form. Ten seasons seems a reasonable period to look at something like crowd avg. to give more valid and reliable average. last year was discounted from the data as an outlier for very obvious reasons. Penriths crowds in the last ten years, minus last season, are around 12k avg with a low of 10k and a high of 14k.
The question was in a massive rugby league nursery like the Penrith region,why so low? the reply about clashes with training (though di kids rally train Thursday AND Friday nights?) and game days has some validity I suppose, though the attending brothers game on a Sunday seems a bit weak.

soc123_au

Staff member
The question was in a massive rugby league nursery like the Penrith region,why so low? the reply about clashes with training (though di kids rally train Thursday AND Friday nights?) and game days has some validity I suppose, though the attending brothers game on a Sunday seems a bit weak.
It wasn't meant as a particularly serious response.

T-Boon

Coach
If we relocate Panthers to Perth and give them some salary cap advantages then I think everyone wins. They would become a massive club. I would actually make them my second team (no, actually my 3rd team behind the second Brisbane team) and I would go watch them at Bankwest when they play Parra.
It keeps the Panthers brand alive and relevant.

MugaB

Coach
If we relocate Panthers to Perth and give them some salary cap advantages then I think everyone wins. They would become a massive club. I would actually make them my second team (no, actually my 3rd team behind the second Brisbane team) and I would go watch them at Bankwest when they play Parra.
It keeps the Panthers brand alive and relevant.
Who's this "we" ?
Can't use the word we just coz you got two heads

Kilkenny

Coach
haha, I wasnt talking about last year, I was talking about the previous ten!
What you on about? This is a Penrith thread.

Panthers membership numbers and home attendances are really strong generally but they are adversely impacted by games on at certain times, such as Thursday night games, Saturday 3pm kick offs etc. This rounds game against the knights perfect case in point where realistically at best we will get about 12000. If it were Saturday night or Sunday afternoon closer to 20000.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watching the game last night had me thinking. I don’t like Penriths carry on, but at the end of the day all they are is cocky young guys acting like dickheads.

On the other hand we have Souths who have Walker and Mitchell who every week thug it up and purposely try to injure people.

Yet the media focus entirely on the Panthers :shrug:♂️

Spot On

Coach
Watching the game last night had me thinking. I don’t like Penriths carry on, but at the end of the day all they are is cocky young guys acting like dickheads.

On the other hand we have Souths who have Walker and Mitchell who every week thug it up and purposely try to injure people.

Yet the media focus entirely on the Panthers :shrug:♂️

I pointed this out last week,bin this thread. That rubbish has been going on for a while now... yet no mention of it in the media.

But a few need a wankfest over the Panthers. Paul Crawley had tears in his eyes over it.

I'm sure he'll unleash over the garbage Souths players came up with this w/e if the Panthers got under his skin.

roofromoz

First Grade
Parramatta are cleary getting relocated long term. Its not even a discussion. Sharks are next and boot Souths out while we are at it.

The future will be the Western Sydney Panthers. We will build an underground tunnel from the Panthers leagues club to Bankwest. Cleary/Luai statues outside the ground.

But what will be the poses of those statues? Cleary with the two finger salute (for celebrating a two point field goal) and Luai with his studs up (the follow through for yet another kick finishing as a try assist). And both with smug looks on their faces.

Fangs

Coach
But what will be the poses of those statues? Cleary with the two finger salute (for celebrating a two point field goal) and Luai with his studs up (the follow through for yet another kick finishing as a try assist). And both with smug looks on their faces.

After some quiet reflection its obvious that Ivan and Nathan both need a statue. Embracing each other.

MugaB

Coach
You know the studs up are for the intentional stomp on kodi... seriously roo, come on!