What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
NRL 360 did bring up some things around Isaac Moses that sort of makes an argument that sort of makes some things make a bit more sense with all this Moses/Staggs stuff.

IFR33K

Coach
His defence is brilliant and he can find a hole in attack. I’ve been very impressed and am so happy for him.

He’s been solid in every game, but you done cartwheels once he was made official. I think it had more to do his nationality rather then his playing ability. I could be wrong thou.

parra pete

Referee
Pete, you do realise that this is what is called "football discussions?" Fans of football codes will discuss and debate all matters pertaining to and or affecting their Club or code. We know the Retention committee is on it, but we like to talk, debate and speculate. Otherwise what sort of fans are we if we didn't and showed know interest? The club would eventually die and so would the sport. Sports beating heart is built on this/

You get that right?

Yep, I get it...OK...fair enuff.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon Tom has been great also. A perfect foil for Staggs if it happens. Waqa to Fergos wing. Fergo was 500k and Mennings was 400 to 450k. Sounds like an outstanding plan. Our coaching staff have had great success improving individuals defence and Staggs should not be an exception. Team defence? Well that's a different discussion.

hindy111

Post Whore
His defence is brilliant and he can find a hole in attack. I’ve been very impressed and am so happy for him.

He lacks the speed and power to offer a whole lot of strike. Does everything else well and can do a job but wouldn't take much to dislodge him from any NRL side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So according to NRL360 we are keeping Moses and are the front runners for Staggs. Now let’s assume that’s correct. Blake to the wing or boned? Staggs plays on the same side as Staggs at right centre. I’m assuming we will offer Opačić an extension, he has been excellent. Penisini the back up?
Blake is fast, strong and good in the air. Definite wing option

oldmancraigy

Coach
Surely you don't judge a players defence in that Broncos team?

They're all collectively woeful in defence.

Exactly

Staggs is strong, fast, mobile and doesn't mind the contact. He has all the tools to be a good defender.

Perhaps as part of the signing process we could run opposed full contact drills with him tackling Marata?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Staggs into the centre’s and Wanga onto the wing adds strike and speed to the backline. Ooppa has done a more than serviceable job and the extra we spend on Staggs is saved on Oppa or young Penisiniinini on the other side.

Snoochies

First Grade
I don't know why but with Waqa on the wing I for some reason feel he'll be like Eric Groth Jnr and we'll all be yelling at him to stay on his wing after he darts in and misses a tackle or keeps trying for the miracle intercept.

Glenneel

Bench
Have you seen his defence ? Are you serious ? Adequate ? Come on.
I would say Opacic has been adequate. And maybe Waqa can play on the left?
Opacic is a good defensive centre but hasn't much speed which we lack in the backs. Other than our 2 halves and Fergo we are a slow team. Once we have speed in the backs we'll start opening that window to a premiership. We're close but not there yet imo until we that that.

Looking into the future with my rose coloured glasses imo Moses will stay for around $900k, the other 2 will stay also and Staggs a possibility for around $600k. Potentially we have 2 good future centres in Perham and Peninisi, not as explosive as Staggs, but probably better overall. Also Gagai not coming here despite the DT headline saying so. We're building nicely.