What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ return anyone?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Depends on the situation, if it’s a toss up between Nikorima or Johnson on coin within 150k then it’s Shaun every day of the week

The smart option for him though would be to stay put next to Reynolds

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
All depends on the price. Just like when he left. Back then he was a 6-700k player who thought he was worth a million. Now he’s probably a 4-500k player at best but by the look of it thinks he’s worth 7-800. If he’s prepared to take what he’s actually worth, sure.

JJ

Immortal
Not keen, and too much water under the bridge

but if the only option is Nikorima then that changes

Need a calm mentor for the kids, that’s not Johnson, and I’m not clear on what Nikorima is

sup42

Juniors
There would need to be some kind of restoration, a meeting of all meetings where Johnson and Warriors management admitted their faults in the debacle.

Very bad blood needs leaching.

He would need to be prepared for the fact that he might not walk straight into the team, the sort of facts other NRL players are groomed on.

Would he accept that 'earn it around the club off field' type arrangement? probably not.

As it stands the Warriors would have got more mileage for less pay with Benji, they need to bear that in mind.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There would need to be some kind of restoration, a meeting of all meetings where Johnson and Warriors management admitted their faults in the debacle.

Very bad blood needs leaching.

He would need to be prepared for the fact that he might not walk straight into the team, the sort of facts other NRL players are groomed on.

Would he accept that 'earn it around the club off field' type arrangement? probably not.

As it stands the Warriors would have got more mileage for less pay with Benji, they need to bear that in mind.

That's it for me. I love Shaun Johnson, I certainly don't think he's an Immortal etc but I always enjoyed watching him play, since the U20s days.

But he's never shown any particular interest in being a 'senior' player, with us anyway. I don't think he exhibits the mana that a Tohu Harris, a Simon Mannering, Campion, Micheal Luck did/does - not even close. He's got more miles on the clock, injury-prone body etc. And I'm fairly certain Cameron George doesn't want him. I can't see this happening, even though I think Paul Kent's 'mail' is horse shit

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That Herald article (ripped off NRL 360) is absolute speculation and nonsense. I hate the media in that sense. Not one drop of anyone on the record.

TheDMC

Bench
Lets get Blake Green back too

And Luke

I truly thought we had it made when we got Luke...

Luke - Green - SJ - RTS

Could have been a premiership winning spine...

(if we had a better forward pack)
(and Luke was from South's vintage)
(and SJ wasn't such a f**king ego princess)
(and Green wasn't the world's 3rd slowest professional sportsperson)
(and RTS didn't have to be a battering ram)
(and our coach wasn't a potato head).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And Luke

I truly thought we had it made when we got Luke...

Luke - Green - SJ - RTS

Could have been a premiership winning spine...

(if we had a better forward pack)
(and Luke was from South's vintage)
(and SJ wasn't such a f**king ego princess)
(and Green wasn't the world's 3rd slowest professional sportsperson)
(and RTS didn't have to be a battering ram)
(and our coach wasn't a potato head).

Worth remembering that before that, our spine was RTS SJ Foran Luke. And we finished 13th.

Seriously team, it's now approaching 10 years since the heady heights of 2011. People have received knighthoods for less suffering and pigheaded loyalty than us.

TheDMC

Bench
Worth remembering that before that, our spine was RTS SJ Foran Luke. And we finished 13th.

Seriously team, it's now approaching 10 years since the heady heights of 2011. People have received knighthoods for less suffering and pigheaded loyalty than us.

Ah yes, I meant Foran rather than Green. The years following this team have becomes a hazy mist of disappointment, bitterness, and regret. Imagine the pleasure of being a genuine roosters or storm supporter? Us, it's relentless self-flagellation.

Leber

Bench
The article says he wanted 1.6 mill over 2 years (800 a year) and the sharks offered one year on half of that (400 a year). Am I reading that right?

If so, lets offer him 500 (which is more than the sharks) and see what he says. Probably wont happen though if the senior players are dirty on him (and rightly so).

He wont win a premiership, but I reckon he will go to the broncos on a big payday.

Latest posts