What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Jane Murray

Bench
We were in the Bulldogs predicament at one stage, fortunately those days are behind us. Do I think things will improve? No. Their hierarchy needs a massive clean out before they return to their glory days.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I'd be surprised if dwz didn't get forced to super league next year. Hasn't really offered much at nrl level since going to the dogs and has even been dropped a few times for them.

Dogs backline next year certainly will look A LOT better than now.

1. Allan
2. Addo Carr
3. Meaney/naden
4. Hopa
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flano

Pretty solid backline. Flano is shit house but the rest is pretty good imo.

Josh was promised Fullback spot. Baz thinks he is playing Supercoach with how his recruitment is going. This will be his last Head coaching role ever.

martielang

Bench
Either Hopa or DWZ will be squeezed out but that's a pretty decent backline IMO. If Naden can (half) sort his defense he'll be a real good pick up for them.

I think they'll improve considerably over the next 2 -3 years.

betcats

Referee
If they had that backline right now they would still be a bottom four side and their ability to put together a good forward pack is seriously hampered by the salary cap being taken up by the back line. The wingers alone I think would be getting a million or close to it. Flanno only had a two year deal with the roosters so they arent chipping in anything next season. Not sure about hoppa or dallins contracts but if they want them gone early they will end up paying a decent chunk of it. Their first offer for Burton got knocked back, they are paying overs for everyone they have their, this would be a fair assumption i think. They still need a hooker and given what Allan showed at fullback this year he is a long way from a sure thing, they have f**ked their recruitment badly imo. Burton is the only really good signing.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
From Masked Panther

Panthers rule out Lodge interest

Despite the fresh rumours emerging last week, I can confirm the Panthers have zero interest in signing Broncos forward Matt Lodge.

The club understands why it’s the target of such rumours given the 25-year-old was once contracted to the club and the Broncos want to move him on, but they have no intention to express interest in the prop.

Even if they did – and they don’t – there’s no way the club could afford to squeeze him into the salary cap

WestyLife

First Grade
If they had that backline right now they would still be a bottom four side and their ability to put together a good forward pack is seriously hampered by the salary cap being taken up by the back line. The wingers alone I think would be getting a million or close to it. Flanno only had a two year deal with the roosters so they arent chipping in anything next season. Not sure about hoppa or dallins contracts but if they want them gone early they will end up paying a decent chunk of it. Their first offer for Burton got knocked back, they are paying overs for everyone they have their, this would be a fair assumption i think. They still need a hooker and given what Allan showed at fullback this year he is a long way from a sure thing, they have f**ked their recruitment badly imo. Burton is the only really good signing.

They're looking at Toby Rudolf for the forwards but still need a hooker.

From Masked Panther

Panthers rule out Lodge interest

Despite the fresh rumours emerging last week, I can confirm the Panthers have zero interest in signing Broncos forward Matt Lodge.

The club understands why it’s the target of such rumours given the 25-year-old was once contracted to the club and the Broncos want to move him on, but they have no intention to express interest in the prop.

Even if they did – and they don’t – there’s no way the club could afford to squeeze him into the salary cap

Good news. He'd be relatively expensive and is getting injured a bit. Ask the dogs.

betcats

Referee
They're looking at Toby Rudolf for the forwards but still need a hooker.

Yeah I’ve read that, he’s only going there for overs cause he is having a good year and the sharks will not let him go easily.

I think JAC will be the worst signing. He looks great in a great system and tbh he doesn’t even look that great so far this year. I think he will look pretty average playing for the dogs.

They should’ve just signed Burton and thrown the rest of their money at a hooker and whatever forwards they could get. Cotric was already coming. They signed Allan and still have dwz at fullback, like wtf are they doing. What’s the plan for averillo now they are still signing backs?

Whino

Bench
Yeah I’ve read that, he’s only going there for overs cause he is having a good year and the sharks will not let him go easily.

I think JAC will be the worst signing. He looks great in a great system and tbh he doesn’t even look that great so far this year. I think he will look pretty average playing for the dogs.

They should’ve just signed Burton and thrown the rest of their money at a hooker and whatever forwards they could get. Cotric was already coming. They signed Allan and still have dwz at fullback, like wtf are they doing. What’s the plan for averillo now they are still signing backs?

Barrett is just shuffling the deck chairs. He has gone away from his whole pre season planning.
Bought Allan for FB. Tried a few weeks now Allan in centres.
Paid big money for Cotric to play centre. Started there, weeks later he is back on the wing.
Who knows where Averillo plays next year.Centre?
I would be getting rid of DWZ and Hoppa. I think Hoppa still has value but he needs a change of scenery.

They need to get more grunt on their pack. Napa is past it and Hetherington is a bird brain with the wrong kind of aggression.
They need a decent hooker too!

betcats

Referee
Barrett is just shuffling the deck chairs. He has gone away from his whole pre season planning.
Bought Allan for FB. Tried a few weeks now Allan in centres.
Paid big money for Cotric to play centre. Started there, weeks later he is back on the wing.
Who knows where Averillo plays next year.Centre?
I would be getting rid of DWZ and Hoppa. I think Hoppa still has value but he needs a change of scenery.

They need to get more grunt on their pack. Napa is past it and Hetherington is a bird brain with the wrong kind of aggression.
They need a decent hooker too!

Yep there is just no real thought being put into it from my perspective, someone becomes available and so they go after them. Paying overs to many times is a big reason they are in this mess in the first place. They are so desperate to get better now and next season that they are hurting their ability to make real long term improvements. A big jump for them would be to finish in the 8-12 range. The top 8 is 2 or 3 big jumps away for the dogs right now IMO.

martielang

Bench
Barrett's just trying to find his combo, nothing wrong with that given they're no chance of finals this season regardless.

Once Napa goes that'll free up more cash too. They have Thompson, Elliott, Hetherington, RFM, Jackson. While not superstars, if they're all on the park that's not a bad pack especially if they can snag Brandon Smith or somewhere near to that quality.

betcats

Referee
Barrett's just trying to find his combo, nothing wrong with that given they're no chance of finals this season regardless.

Once Napa goes that'll free up more cash too. They have Thompson, Elliott, Hetherington, RFM, Jackson. While not superstars, if they're all on the park that's not a bad pack especially if they can snag Brandon Smith or somewhere near to that quality.

That pack is terrible, with Smith it is a bit less terrible, they need to sign 3 or 4 top 17 quality forwards with Napa's money, Brandon Smith(been reported he is staying in melbourne) improves it no doubt but they still need two starting props at least, Heathro didnt look very good before he got suspended this year, I know he was great for the warriors but he looked very average so far and he will never stop being silly, that is pretty obvious now. If you are relying on him to start you are going to pay for it every time he plays.

Also I think Its a problem if you are paying wingers and centres overs. Dallin himself was originally brought in to play fullback, then Allan and possibly JAC, that means they are very likely getting paid more than they would as wingers or centres.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wash your mouth out son.

Unless you're moving the king to 5/8th which would be understandable.

He will be the Tyrone Peachey of Canterbury.

Yeah JAC won't give them what they expect. It'll be a regret for them.

maple_69

Bench
Allen/JAC, Allen/JAC, Naden, Hoppa, Cotric, Burton, Flanagan, Thompson, Kenny, Hetherington, RFM, Elliott, Brown, Averillo, Ava, Soliola, Atoni

That’s starting to look like a side that could compete with the Sharks/Knights/Titans/Warriors tier this year.

Bench and depth is not good enough and at some point they need to make some astute, good value signings or they’ll be like Manly. 1 or 2 guys go down and they’re back in the bottom 4.

Latest posts