What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Again re Opacic in response to whoever said he’s not fast or doesn’t offer much in attack. I just read on NRL.com that his 5 line breaks are more than any other centre in the competition.
Fair bloody play!

I love the way he has come on at Parra and the stability that he brings out their, but the only problem he has he can't go on with those breaks. Pity because if he could he would be one hell of a player. But for his price, well worth his jersey in the team and very underrated. Good looking fella too.:)

Eelogical

Referee
I love the way he has come on at Parra and the stability that he brings out their, but the only problem he has he can't go on with those breaks. Pity because if he could he would be one hell of a player. But for his price, well worth his jersey in the team and very underrated. Good looking fella too.:)
A great coach would recognise his limitations and have players at hand to go on with it.

TheRam

Coach
A great coach would recognise his limitations and have players at hand to go on with it.

Well then, we mustn't have a great coach then. I suppose we have settled for a solid to good one that has the respect and love of all the players and is slowly getting better all the time. Maybe not to far in the future we will all start to value him as much as the players and club hierarchy do and even think he is a great asset and coach that has held this club together during its worst period and grown up and matured into a great coach along the way, after all.

Has he limitations? Sure he does, but not many coaches don't. He is a Parra man down to his toes and by all measure is a man manager and great squad builder. The two best assets a coach can have. The rest can be taught and or hired out(Bennett). That to me places him in the top echelon of coaches no matter what we as fans say.

As long as this stays true, then I for one will hope he stays too.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Again re Opacic in response to whoever said he’s not fast or doesn’t offer much in attack. I just read on NRL.com that his 5 line breaks are more than any other centre in the competition.
Fair bloody play!
He's fast enough. I recall that length of the field try he scored only for it to be called back. I reckon he would match it with Mennings. He's also plenty quick in D. Tom for Origin.

Eelogical

Referee
Well then, we mustn't have a great coach then. I suppose we have settled for a solid to good one that has the respect and love of all the players and is slowly getting better all the time. Maybe not to far in the future we will all start to value him as much as the players and club hierarchy do and even think he is a great asset and coach that has held this club together during its worst period and grown up and matured into a great coach along the way, after all.

Has he limitations? Sure he does, but not many coaches don't. He is a Parra man down to his toes and by all measure is a man manager and great squad builder. The two best assets a coach can have. The rest can be taught and or hired out(Bennett). That to me places him in the top echelon of coaches no matter what we as fans say.

As long as this stays true, then I for one will hope he stays too.
I was referring to Opacic's limitations, not BA's.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's fast enough. I recall that length of the field try he scored only for it to be called back. I reckon he would match it with Mennings. He's also plenty quick in D. Tom for Origin.

easy to look fast when all the defenders heard the ref's call and stopped chasing him

Glenneel

Bench
We are in already in a premiership window. We have one of the best forward packs in the competition and a lot of teams would love to have a spine like ours. We have genuine strike power on the wings and while our centre pairing could be strengthened not every team is going to be perfect 1-17. I don’t understand this mentality of not being “there yet”. If we aren’t challenging for a title this season then something is very wrong.
Yes we could grab a premiership with this team but I still think we're missing the vital ingredient of speed to throw the window completely open.

Gazzamatta

Coach
easy to look fast when all the defenders heard the ref's call and stopped chasing him
C'mon Twiz. Im a fan. Get on board. He and Marata at 3 and 4 are a huge reason for our improved form particularly defensively. Give me a smile cranky pants.:blush:

84 Baby

Referee
f**k yes we're desperate. We should replace all our off contract players with reserve graders and give the money saved to Mitch.
It’s weird that the club would highlight that. My guess is he’s signed already (whether here or elsewhere). The alternative is do BA and Moses have same manager (and the club Twitter posterer has f**ked up)?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
C'mon Twiz. Im a fan. Get on board. He and Marata at 3 and 4 are a huge reason for our improved form particularly defensively. Give me a smile cranky pants.:blush:

not cranky mate, he goes OK, just think he's a decent fill in ill we get someone who has a bit of match winner or x factor about them like Jenko was in his prime.