What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL two conferences

typicalfan

Coach
Realisticaly, the Knights just dont have many rivalries...

That is actually part of the strength of this system; it will CREATE rivalries. Jam the same 5 teams together every year and have them fight of 1 spot.

Even if the clubs dont have rivalries, they will develop very quickly!!
Knights biggest rivalry is probably Manly.

MugaB

Coach
This would be the only way to be fair to travelling interstate teams and split the comp for increased rivalries in both QLD and NSW
NRL Conference Map 2026 _20 teams.png

Adding Bris2 and Auck2
Then increase to 20 teams and adding Perth and another QLD based side (Bris3 or Cairns/PNG)
But as far as Sydney comp goes, it should be split down the middle 4 to the north comp
4 to the south comp, plus the dragons in WIN stadium moreso

Last edited:

Santino Patane

Juniors
View attachment 48005

Adding Bris2 and Auck2
Then increase to 20 teams and adding Perth and another QLD based side (Bris3 or Cairns/PNG)
But as far as Sydney comp goes, it should be split down the middle 4 to the north comp
Cool image for it mate! Also your retro team logos are mint too- have you had a go at the expansion teams from scratch?

MugaB

Coach
Cool image for it mate! Also your retro team logos are mint too- have you had a go at the expansion teams from scratch?
I've done a few
West Coast Pirates,
Screenshot_20210430-102208_Gallery.jpg
Brisbane Jets,
Screenshot_20210430-102310_Gallery.jpg
East Coast Dolphins,
Screenshot_20210430-102120_Gallery.jpg
Central Coast Bears,
Screenshot_20210430-102140_Gallery.jpg
Adelaide Archangels
Screenshot_20210430-103057_Gallery.jpg

Gif of edited Logos, (most of them made by myself, and a few from some champion graphic artists who frequent this site too)
20210430_104323.gif

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Knights biggest rivalry is probably Manly.

that's what I would've thought - GF history, Northern Eagles debacle into Central Coast (probably waned a bit now, even though Central Coast and Newcastle are big rivals at pathways level) and Manly being the closest Sydney team to the Newcastle region

MugaB

Coach
that's what I would've thought - GF history, Northern Eagles debacle into Central Coast (probably waned a bit now, even though Central Coast and Newcastle are big rivals at pathways level) and Manly being the closest Sydney team to the Newcastle region
I've been of the mindset that Manly should broaden its reach outside of the northern beaches, and re-invest itself back to Gosford, at least take 4-6 games there, 2-4 actual NRL home games, and 2 trials, the rest at Brookvale, having a similar effect in the central coast region as the dragons do in illawarra..
A brand change, instead of Manly-Warringah could have them as the Manly-CC Eagles, (cc for Central Coast) they were already rivals of Newcastle as the famous ARL comp GF
Pitting Eagles verse the Knights as a solid rival would help there

big hit!

Bench
I've been of the mindset that Manly should broaden its reach outside of the northern beaches, and re-invest itself back to Gosford, at least take 4-6 games there, 2-4 actual NRL home games, and 2 trials, the rest at Brookvale, having a similar effect in the central coast region as the dragons do in illawarra..
A brand change, could have them as the Manly-CC Eagles, (cc for Central Coast) they were already rivals of Newcastle as the famous ARL comp GF
Pitting Eagles verse the Knights as a solid rival would help there

A fairly smart operator has already planted its flag in Central Coast. Roosters are there and will have a few good ones from that region on their books in the next few years - Max Armstrong and Thomas Deakin just a couple already training as NRL development at Moore Park. It was a no-brainer to be honest. Not as big or fruitful a region as the Illawarra which the Steelers/Dragons have, but there will be gems up on CC.

Manly are predominantly recruiting in Western Sydney and moving them to the Beaches.

Reflector

Juniors
View attachment 48005

Adding Bris2 and Auck2

I'd sub one of the 2 new Brisbane teams for the Bears on the CC that would cover the North Shore/ CC (regarding juniors and sponsorship) in the short to mid-term. It's an area with 1 million+ people when you combine them

“The scheduling is so important for a club like the Bulldogs,” he said. “For us, like most Sydney clubs, you look at the draw and cross your fingers you play all your big Sydney rivals. From a commercial point of view, it can make or break your year depending on who you play.

“If you can guarantee you can play home and away against all the Sydney clubs, that makes a lot of sense for a club like Canterbury.”

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...oumWoFlkJbkG-yGEVO8-BFRgvSgqTEX42vF2PgxQfXqKM

Isn't this just another way of saying that the 9 Sydney clubs are unviable under the current system, so they need more advantages given to them to keep them alive?

Relocate 2 or 3 of them and the remaining clubs will be much stronger.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Or you can just relocate 3 struggling Sydney clubs that will never be anything but little fish in a big pond to large metro areas that don't have a team.

Canterbury Bulldogs to Christchurch. They get to keep their name as Canterbury Bulldogs.

Sharks to Perth. Southern Sydney (St George and Sutherland) have around 500k people, so 2 teams here is bad business and the reason both clubs are struggling off the field. Keep the Dragons and make them the Southern Sydney Dragons. Cronulla rebrand as West Coast Sharks.

Manly to Adelaide. New name can be Adelaide Sea Eagles. Roosters can absorb the North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast.

You really don’t know much about Sydney if you consider the Bulldogs to be a small Sydney club and think the Roosters will simply “absorb” the Northern Beaches

You really don’t know much about Sydney if you consider the Bulldogs to be a small Sydney club and think the Roosters will simply “absorb” the Northern Beaches

The financials for the Bulldogs don't stack up.

“The scheduling is so important for a club like the Bulldogs,” he said. “For us, like most Sydney clubs, you look at the draw and cross your fingers you play all your big Sydney rivals. From a commercial point of view, it can make or break your year depending on who you play.

“If you can guarantee you can play home and away against all the Sydney clubs, that makes a lot of sense for a club like Canterbury.”

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...oumWoFlkJbkG-yGEVO8-BFRgvSgqTEX42vF2PgxQfXqKM
Bulldogs are wedged between Tigers territory. They have no room to grow and will get left behind over the coming decades. Ditto Sharks.

Roosters don't need to convert rusted-on Manly fans from Northern Beaches to absorb the area. Target the kids who don't have any animosity towards any clubs and in 20 years time their supporter base will double.

I'm thinking long term, which is what the game needs to do if it wants to thwart off AwFuL's incursions into Brisbane and Sydney.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I'd sub one of the 2 new Brisbane teams for the Bears on the CC that would cover the North Shore/ CC (regarding juniors and sponsorship) in the short to mid-term. It's an area with 1 million+ people when you combine them
If all goes well in about 20 -30 years you might see 24 teams20210430_115701.png
P.N.G. Pride (Cairns/PNG)
Brisbane Jets
Sunshine State Dolphins
Central Coast Bears

South Pacific Cyclones
Christchurch Bulls
Adelaide Rams/Angels
West Coast Pirates

MugaB

Coach
He knows a lot less than you think, don't feed the anti expansionist troll, he would rather burn sydney to the ground before giving a shít about any new brisbane team in his local area.. let alone you trying to sway his anti Sydney everything rhetoric..

.....on this weeks episode, sharks are moving to Adelaide, and weve called them the great aussie bite...tune in next week when i devise a great plan to move St.george- illawarra dragons to Perth AND Adelaide, because there is a lot of expat pommy blokes living there in both cities, so thats my reason for relocation, everyone must agree with me, current form and county population data all backs up my case...
Tune in on my manly hate until they start getting good again, and then ill rename them Norths...
this is GROTD signing off

.... moron

Sharks would be based in Adelaide or Perth right now if it wasn't for PVL bailing them out. The ARLC were ready to cut them loose. This was reported in the media the other day.

Whether @MugaB wants to admit it, there will come a time when there aren't any PVL's around to prop up failing businesses that cannot survive on their own. All the metrics show Sydney is oversaturated and cannot support 9 clubs. This problem will get worse as our main source of revenue, broadcast rights, is set to dry up over the next 20 or 30 years and, AwFuL continues to make inroads in Brisbane and Sydney, with kids caring more about a soccer team from England than an RL club on their doorstep. We either make changes to futureproof our game or end up like RU.

GongPanther

Referee
As far as relocating, everyone can see the sun rising but there are those who choose to draw the blinds to the reality that someday, two or three clubs will have no choice but to pack up and leave. After the painful divorce period, the clubs and their fans will come to the realisation that for their clubs survival, it will be for the best.

Game_Breaker

Coach
The financials for the Bulldogs don't stack up.

Bulldogs are wedged between Tigers territory. They have no room to grow and will get left behind over the coming decades. Ditto Sharks.

Roosters don't need to convert rusted-on Manly fans from Northern Beaches to absorb the area. Target the kids who don't have any animosity towards any clubs and in 20 years time their supporter base will double.

I'm thinking long term, which is what the game needs to do if it wants to thwart off AwFuL's incursions into Brisbane and Sydney.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea lol

As far as relocating, everyone can see the sun rising but there are those who choose to draw the blinds to the reality that someday, two or three clubs will have no choice but to pack up and leave. After the painful divorce period, the clubs and their fans will come to the realisation that for their clubs survival, it will be for the best.
Areas that have teams packed on top of each other are the prime candidate for relocation. Canterbury has Wests Magpies to its west and Balmain to the east, which makes it impossible for them to grow. Ditto Cronulla as they have St George to the north and Wollongong to the south.

I can see Tigers and Dragons growing, but only if Bulldogs and Sharks relocate to a new market. Canterbury and Sutherland can become Tigers and Dragons districts within 20 years if the NRL and remaining clubs are active in promoting their brand to the kids from these regions.

MugaB

Coach
Thanks for confirming you have no idea lol
I told you, he ain't worth debating with, nearly every post this maroon makes has some random sydney team relocating to somewhere that doesn't even play rugby league at the standard that the sydney team already plays, seriously he so backwards, you got HQ basically stating that there's a plan to segregate sydney in its own comp, purely coz its the biggest money maker in rivalries.... but nah we gotta cull em or move em... good one fückwít!