What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei facing life in jail

blaza88z

Coach
Makes you wonder what they do with their money while they are playing, especially a player like Vatuvei

He was one of the elite players I would say, as elite as you can get without playing Origin

Chippy73

Bench
I will always love Manu for destroying the Storm at Olympic Stadium in the 2008 8th vs 1st semi, thus sending Melbourne on a hard path to the GF which they eventually lost 40 - zip against my dudes.

Most I've ever cheered a player and team that wasn't my club, that match winning try in the final minute was epic (apart from Michael Witt showboating over the line.....put it f**king down you utter utter merkin!)

Hope this turns out to be a case of mistaken identity or something.

gUt

Coach
Geez blokes must get bored when they retire. Either that or they really are dumb merkins.

I think they are dumb merkins basically. Think about it. Because they are large and athletic, they get fast tracked into a fantasy world where for 10 ish years they can earn more than an average working man can earn in 40. A career bedecked with fast money, attention from women, fame. They are adolescents frozen in time with no reason to think about their future. They are surrounded by their mates who are in the exact same situation so there's no one to tell them they're a massive danger to themselves.

By the time it's all over they've been to hundreds of parties that have been supplied by scumbag hangers-on. They make "contacts" who want to tap that fat footy player bank account either in naked scams or as seed money for alleged ventures like this one allegedly appears to be.

These big kids with a heavy piggy bank have no reason to look at the long term. They don't have a reason to stay faithful to a good woman because another bimbo will always be there waiting with her legs open. They don't need to invest in a post-footy career because a bikie named Mouse has promised a massive score from Brazil; all they need is $200k and it's all sorted.

Big dumb footy player just goes DUUUUHHHH MOAR MONEY FOR ME OK.

All of the above is hypothetical and in no way reflects any real player living or dead.

Grapple

Bench
Manu was dumped by the Warriors quite suddenly mid-season in 20. Then did his ACL in England in the 2018 pre-season, missed the whole season, and had his contract torn up by Salford while rehabbing.

iu

Floodwaters

Juniors
Makes you wonder what they do with their money while they are playing, especially a player like Vatuvei

He was one of the elite players I would say, as elite as you can get without playing Origin

Blokes only a winger, would have been on about 450k max which after tax is about 10k a fortnight in hand which is good but depends what sort of life style he was living.

Latest posts