What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei facing life in jail

Exsilium

First Grade
Geez blokes must get bored when they retire. Either that or they really are dumb merkins.

t-ba

Post Whore
Geez blokes must get bored when they retire. Either that or they really are dumb merkins.

I think making decent coin from a young age warps your financial literacy a fair bit.

Most of these dudes don't spend a large chunk of their youth scrounging coins, their debit card and credit card to buy a box of Dr Bortoli's finest, and once the cash stops flying they don't know how to actually stop spending.

The above is totally not a story about me as a 22 year old law clerk on award wages btw.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Manu was dumped by the Warriors quite suddenly mid-season in 2017. Then did his ACL in England in the 2018 pre-season, missed the whole season, and had his contract torn up by Salford while rehabbing. He then found out in late 2018 that he had neurological issues after participating in a boxing match.

A guy like him could probably still be getting a run somewhere in Super League at 35, instead he played his last game at 31. I know he didn’t see it coming.

Also has a lot of kids, broke up with the missus, obliged to give money to extended family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkins

Juniors
this facing life crap lol

reminds me of articles headlined with NRL superstar found to be a cannibal.

And turns out he played Jersey Flegg and a handful of First Grade with Canterbury.

Since when does playing for the Bulldogs make you a superstar?

some11

Referee
I met Manu after a game in Wollongong in 2011. He was taking photos with kids and came across as a genuinely approachable and humble guy.
It absolutely staggers me that he could be involved in something like this.
$$$