What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW's commentary

Danish

Referee
Yesterday was my first time listening to channel 9 commentary in 5 years (been living abroad so all games on watchnrl are the Fox coverage).

utterly unwatchable. It’s amazing just how shit they are, as well as how many. Why do they need 4 x colour commentators plus the main caller to cover a game of footy?

I was flabbergasted at how unprofessional and shit it was

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I barely watch 9 so nothing surprises me.

They still have that theory that if you employ a great of the game it will boost ratings but it doesnt necessarily make them a good commentator.

Fittler, Johns, Lockyer, Lewis, JT.

I always watch Fox, although they aint much better putting up with Anasta and Blocker

Some of the commentators on ABC arent too bad

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yesterday was my first time listening to channel 9 commentary in 5 years (been living abroad so all games on watchnrl are the Fox coverage).

utterly unwatchable. It’s amazing just how shit they are, as well as how many. Why do they need 4 x colour commentators plus the main caller to cover a game of footy?

I was flabbergasted at how unprofessional and shit it was

Just re watched the replay this morning recorded off Nine, Gould and Johns were making my ears bleed, why does Gould repeat himself ? he will say something, then repeat what he says then for good measure usually repeat it again.

Danish

Referee
Just re watched the replay this morning recorded off Nine, Gould and Johns were making my ears bleed, why does Gould repeat himself ? he will say something, then repeat what he says then for good measure usually repeat it again.

the amount of times Gould seemed to just ignore the rules and declare that something should either be let go or penalised based on his own “feel” of the situation was mind boggling

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fox and kayo combined is now drawing more than the entire metro fta audience. Not hard to see why.

KennySterling

Juniors
Love the avatar, remember getting up early as a teenager the watch that Challenge Cup Final. Bert Kenny and Sterlo were both brilliant.

The greatest Challenge Cup Final that Wembley has ever seen. And one of the greatest games of rugby league full stop. It had everything. Even the weather was half decent.

I think it's why Sterlo has always retained a healthy respect for the British game. Brett Kenny was sublime that day and Sterling not far behind. Chicka Ferguson at his peak, too.

Jono078

Referee
He is the one person I can't stand listening to, of any sports broadcast.

Surely he'll be a one and done (for the year) with channel 9.

Matua

Bench
Can't piss off to a union game and commentate that?
He's on the Stan coverage, not the commentating as such but the half time expert commentary, which he's actually pretty good at. He's a lot brighter than is made out I think.

Oh, and Blocker Roach is the worst commentator on the planet, by some distance, worse than when Jason Costigan was the voice of the Warriors, worse than all the shit Sky rugby commentators in NZ, in fact to relate his voice to fingernails on a chalkboard is an insult to fingernails, chalk and boards.