What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicted 2021 finish

Maddragon99

Juniors
Incredibly after 5 consecutive losses if we were to win our final 3 games we’d probably still make the eight. But if we lose our last 3 games we could finish as low as 14th.

I have us losing to the Roosters, beating the Cowboys in round 24, losing to Souths & finishing 12th.

Depending on the standings Souths may rest some players in round 25 increasing our chances of a win. Exactly like the round 20 Melbourne game last season.

I firmly believe to have any chance of beating the Roosters this week Griffin needs to roll the dice play Amone & Sullivan in the halves, Clune to dummy half move Bird back to centre & play either Dufty or Sloan at fullback.

I’m curious to know others thoughts on where we’ll finish.

Mjab

Juniors
exactly what I think, I would much prefer to give sloan a go for all those games , no point playing Dufty or Norman for the rest of the year IMO. At least see how these guys go for the rest of the year so we have a better idea as to who we may need to plug some gaps for next year. Anyone not in our plans for next year shouldnt be playing now

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think we'll get done by both the roosters and the cowboys. Like most games this year we will be competitive in the first half and drop off in the second.

I have us beating Souths if Bennett rests his key players.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm thinking 13th as well. Definitely lose to Roosters and Bunnies (they can't afford to drop in their intensity before the finals) and while our best chance of getting the last win of the year will be against the Cowboys, our boys just won't have it in them to seal it in the last 5 minutes.

Maddragon99

Juniors
There are a lot of things I’m unhappy about but one thing in particular is that 2021 is our centenary year. Outside of the fan base this fact has been completely lost.

Hook should be doing video on the Club’s rich history & getting some pride back in the jersey for the final 3 games. Playing for the Dragon’s is an honour. We can still make the finals if we win out so what has Hook got to lose by comparing the team to past great teams to get the boys to fire up?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I really cannot see Saints winning another game in 2021. Cowboys will beat Saints and Souths/Roosters only need to be at 50% and they can smash Saints. Penrith were dreadful in the 1st half and Saints could not do anything. It was embarrassing. Only way Saints may jag a win or 2 is throw in Sullivan/Amone in the halves and Sloan at FB. A bit of unpredictability may spark the attack. But we know that won't happen whilst Norman and Clune are there. They can't be any worse but apparently the coach seems to think they will be if they throw the youngsters in. Go figure. How demoralizing would that be to a junior.

This Year?

Immortal
Incredibly after 5 consecutive losses if we were to win our final 3 games we’d probably still make the eight. But if we lose our last 3 games we could finish as low as 14th.

I have us losing to the Roosters, beating the Cowboys in round 24, losing to Souths & finishing 12th.

Depending on the standings Souths may rest some players in round 25 increasing our chances of a win. Exactly like the round 20 Melbourne game last season.

I firmly believe to have any chance of beating the Roosters this week Griffin needs to roll the dice play Amone & Sullivan in the halves, Clune to dummy half move Bird back to centre & play either Dufty or Sloan at fullback.

I’m curious to know others thoughts on where we’ll finish.
A few weeks ago I had us winning only 1 more game like you, but seeing our form now I think we won't. Our defence is way too brittle especially on the edges and that's where the Cowboys will get us which would have ben our best chance for a win.
Even if Hook brings in the kids now I don't think it will be enough to get a win, but it will give them invaluable experience. I would have preferred blooding these kids against teams outside the top 8 instead of throwing them in the deep end against the likes of Souths/Roosters etc.

Illusion

Bench
Nah had enough don't want to finish in the 8 won't happen anyway ...... Finish in the 8 how piss poor is the comp bottom 8 teams expecially us are that bad ......

Dragon David

First Grade
3 wins to finish in 8th place on 24 points.....if Norman isn't selected in the 17.
That would be a positive result for many negative occurrences this year but you know as much as the rest of us that that would be wishful thinking only and will not be a reality. We all had high hopes when the comp started this year but typically we became nomads wandering around the park with so many of our players losing their intensity and went missing.

There have just been too many things to throw us off the tracks and from what we have seen of the squad, they are more or less a bunch of misfits trying to steer us along the lost trail. Many players put in wrong/different positions on a regular basis, poor game plans and no attention to any detail for the necessary skills to win games.

2021, our centenary year, will go down as a big fail.

Gareth67

First Grade
E95FBCEF-0B51-4297-8045-23A09828DA94.jpeg
Well the position is correct , however where I thought we would be in as far as becoming a more solid team was way off the mark .

Has turned out to be extremely disappointing season with no apparent improvement at all . 2022 can not come quick enough , hopefully Griffin may be able to get to the heart of the team’s problems by then .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So same as last season then?
Sloan, Matt Feagai, Amone all got good runs. Ramsey a full season basically under his belt. Sullivan got a couple of games hopefully a couple more. JDB is back, bought some good forwards Sua in particular and got rid of Norman, Dufty and Vaughan the culture kings. Rava finally reached his potential (while on the park) Hunt become an inspirational skipper and hit career best form (again while on the park) and we didn’t spend the whole season fighting to avoid the spoon. On the whole I would say we are moving in the right direction to start really competing in 2023 and with a bit of luck at least make the 8 next year. We surely couldn’t have a more disruptive season than this year. Mary had JDB out and that has been his excuse for 2 years. We’ve barely been able to string together any combinations all year.

Unsainty79

Juniors
I can't see us winning any games to be honest. The Cowboys seem to come back into games, albeit too late; however, given how we drop off in the second half, I think we will get rolled. Roosters will ease past us and Souths will demolish us.

This season has been really disappointment & our big signings of McGuire and McCullough have been very, very disappointing.

The appointment of Griffin has also been disappointing.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Sloan, Matt Feagai, Amone all got good runs. Ramsey a full season basically under his belt. Sullivan got a couple of games hopefully a couple more. JDB is back, bought some good forwards Sua in particular and got rid of Norman, Dufty and Vaughan the culture kings. Rava finally reached his potential (while on the park) Hunt become an inspirational skipper and hit career best form (again while on the park) and we didn’t spend the whole season fighting to avoid the spoon. On the whole I would say we are moving in the right direction to start really competing in 2023 and with a bit of luck at least make the 8 next year. We surely couldn’t have a more disruptive season than this year. Mary had JDB out and that has been his excuse for 2 years. We’ve barely been able to string together any combinations all year.
I honestly don't see much difference between this year and last. We debut juniors most years, in 2020 it was Ramsey, Sullivan and Max Feagai. We got rid of some deadwood but only replaced it with more deadwood. In 2020 we had a coach who wouldn't drop Norman so we replaced him - with a coach who wouldn't drop Norman. Yes we got JDB back, a man so traumatised by his court appearances that he chose to attend the first illegal bbq he could - no change to team culture there. We may not be battling for the spoon, but we have lost to the wooden spooners. It has certainly been a disruptive year - for all teams - but for us the worst of it has been self inflicted.

Wish I had your optimism. 13th this year. 13th next year.

Cogburn

Juniors
2021 would've been St George's 100th but St George don't play in the NRL. St George/Illawarra's 100th will be 2099 so rest easy boys, long time till your centenery.

mickeylane

Bench
2021 would've been St George's 100th but St George don't play in the NRL. St George/Illawarra's 100th will be 2099 so rest easy boys, long time till your centenery.
Hey, mate you took the wrong turn and ended up in Jubilee Avenue that puts you 5klms outside your LGA - that'll cost you $5K...tell Uncle Nick to deposit the funds into our St George account at Kogarah...