What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Half-back is the most important position in the team and while I am excited about Sullivan as our long-term 7, I see 2022 as being the year he learns his trade in depth from Hunt and, in particular, develops a kicking game. Cherry Evans, Hunt and all the top half backs can nail 40 20s under pressure. I'd be playing him at 14 coming on for Macca when Hunt is at 7 and then at 7 around Origin time and if Hunt is injured.
There are two schools of thought on that, one is that he plays 14 and gets first grade hardened the other is he bides his time in reserves and is focussed purely on halfback play. Probably a combination of both is good. While playing 14 is good he is learning the hooker trade as opposed to honing his halfback play. I’m sure he will get plenty of chances in first grade anyway with injuries, suspensions and origin. I’m not 100% sure which one I prefer but I wouldn’t be shattered if he bides his time behind Hunt so long as there is a reserve grade comp.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
There are two schools of thought on that, one is that he plays 14 and gets first grade hardened the other is he bides his time in reserves and is focussed purely on halfback play. Probably a combination of both is good. While playing 14 is good he is learning the hooker trade as opposed to honing his halfback play. I’m sure he will get plenty of chances in first grade anyway with injuries, suspensions and origin. I’m not 100% sure which one I prefer but I wouldn’t be shattered if he bides his time behind Hunt so long as there is a reserve grade comp.
You're right- it is a dilemma between FG 14 and Reggies 7- I suppose my thinking was in FG he's playing alongside and observing Hunt and secondly, he's playing with his "homies" from SG Ball. With the reported interest in him post 2022 from other clubs, I would hate to think we'd lost him because he wasn't in FG and he wasn't being shown a clear pathway to the top.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You're right- it is a dilemma between FG 14 and Reggies 7- I suppose my thinking was in FG he's playing alongside and observing Hunt and secondly, he's playing with his "homies" from SG Ball. With the reported interest in him post 2022 from other clubs, I would hate to think we'd lost him because he wasn't in FG and he wasn't being shown a clear pathway to the top.
Yeah I’m not sure what the best way forward is but we have to keep him. When I seen him run in and back slam JT I was certain he has what it takes. I believe he’ll end up a bit like Thurston in that he’s a real tenacious and creative little bugger but now and then he’s going to get run over the top of due to pure physics. Never stopped Soward or JT from winning GF’s and origins.

Cazbah Steeler

Juniors
Yeah I’m not sure what the best way forward is but we have to keep him. When I seen him run in and back slam JT I was certain he has what it takes. I believe he’ll end up a bit like Thurston in that he’s a real tenacious and creative little bugger but now and then he’s going to get run over the top of due to pure physics. Never stopped Soward or JT from winning GF’s and origins.
Do you think he could start at 9 ? Just like Joey did for rep teams when he was youth. Would toughen him up for D, not that he is bad a defender. Maybe 50 mins a game at 9 and Mbye play 30 at 9. Then 2023 Hunt moves to 9 and Sullivan at 7.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Do you think he could start at 9 ? Just like Joey did for rep teams when he was youth. Would toughen him up for D, not that he is bad a defender. Maybe 50 mins a game at 9 and Mbye play 30 at 9. Then 2023 Hunt moves to 9 and Sullivan at 7.
Not a bad plan @Cazbah Steeler . Hook would have to change his thinking about Hunt though. Hook believes (at the moment anyway) that Hunt's best position is at 7.

ALSGI

Bench
Yeah I like this, there was a hint of Cook about Sullivan not as quick but quick just the same and love the eyes up looking to create and link. AM/Mbye back ups?

In reality though it will be AM starting, unless Sullivan features prominently in trials (Charity Shield).

qld redvee

Juniors
Yeah I like this, there was a hint of Cook about Sullivan not as quick but quick just the same and love the eyes up looking to create and link. AM/Mbye back ups?

In reality though it will be AM starting, unless Sullivan features prominently in trials (Charity Shield).
ALSGI
I think if we had a Mbye and Bud hooker / 14 rotation that would work well giving us 3 forwards on bench. It would be nice if AM "had' to retire due to injuries ... maybe wishful thinking

Maddragon99

Juniors
Braidon Burns is playing this weekend, he’s still unsigned for ‘22 hopefully the brains trust is also watching how he goes. 185cm & 98kg he’s a genuine outside threat. For mine I think he’d be a better signing than Moses Suli.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Braidon Burns is playing this weekend, he’s still unsigned for ‘22 hopefully the brains trust is also watching how he goes. 185cm & 98kg he’s a genuine outside threat. For mine I think he’d be a better signing than Moses Suli.
I thought there were mumbles about him being looked at a while ago… went quiet though

jak

Bench
another kyle stanley

blacksafake

First Grade
Don't mind him but he does have bad hands at times & also seems to be injury prone but is apparently of very good character.

Latest posts