What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

be55

Juniors
Surely not? Has showed real class in the few opportunities he has had, not to mention playing out of position and excelling. Sign him up long term I say
i wouldn't have a clue but i think, from what i have heard, he is extremely close to Amone and Sloan and probably wouldn't want to go anywhere else unless we ridiculously lowballed him. Honestly can't see the club letting him get away...I think the fans would storm the leagues club with baseball bats if that happened...

Where's @George Dragon when you need him....

Gareth67

First Grade
F55025D2-ECEB-430C-B69A-E21FE7C6F214.jpeg
Trent Robinson fined $40,000 for outburst after Friday’s game against Latrell Mitchell - er I mean South Sydney .

However , as much as I dislike the chooks , I must say that in this instance what the man said has been on the mind of most league fans for quite some time.

And that is that the NRL’s ‘ no contact to the head ‘ policy is a myth , a ‘ slight of hand ‘ that was merely convenient at the time , but apparently no longer .

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Terrific player...wouldn't get a look in unless we'd be prepared to go north of 750000 a season...for the kind of money he would be asking for, no thanks...

I would.

I loved Vaughan and he was on 800-odd next season I believe.

Bateman would arguably add more value than Vaughan to our pack, especially now that we have Molo and Gurgess coming.

Bateman is a modern version of Beau Scott, potentially better.

Worth it imo...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You're right. Jayden is currently only under contract until the end of 2022. For years he has been touted as "the future of St George Illawarra ", and he seems like a good one. I hope Haran and Millward don't take their eye of the ball with Sulli's resigning. This is one instance where I don't like clubs being able to talk to players a year out from when their contract ends!
He's the one for me, it has been so long since we've produced a really classy genuine 7 maybe never since the JV began. Matt Head was probably the last contender but injury savaged him. For me I would be happy to not make the finals for a couple of years to see this group go on and win a GF together and have some sustained success.

Dracarys

Juniors
The only reason Hunt hasn't been seriously considered as a 9 is we haven't had anyone remotely in his class as a half. Now that we do its a non-brainer.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
A spine of Sloan, Amone, Sullivan, Hunt is exciting to think about. I like Hunt at 7 but i could be swayed with Hunt to 9 if it means keeping those 3 long term
Half-back is the most important position in the team and while I am excited about Sullivan as our long-term 7, I see 2022 as being the year he learns his trade in depth from Hunt and, in particular, develops a kicking game. Cherry Evans, Hunt and all the top half backs can nail 40 20s under pressure. I'd be playing him at 14 coming on for Macca when Hunt is at 7 and then at 7 around Origin time and if Hunt is injured.

denis preston

First Grade
Hope he had better luck with injuries

Perhaps we ought to consider down the track Kyle Stanley's progress as a coach ? It would certainly bring a modern contemporary voice to the table as assistant coach. How ironic if he kicks on as a coach when his body didn't give him a chance as a player. Could have been a gun.