What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 2 Sat - Penrith 8-6 Parramatta @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelectrica

Referee
That was a fantastic game of attrition and either sides defence wanted to give up. Unfortunate that the game was decided by a bullshit penalty close to half time. Chin up Parra fans, your boys went the distance.

I can feel Vlandys dreaming up new ideas for more points already after a low scoring affair tonight. Maybe a point or two for a side completing a set of 6.
Clearly 80-60 is how rugba league finals should go.
I suggest 12 a side, make the field 5 metres wider and 5 metres shorter.
PVL would have hated this game.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's their structure. Those few good kicks got the Eels out of trouble. Anyway I'm drunk AF and don't have the attention span to have an internet argument so happy to just leave it at that.

It's not just our structure it's part of our strength, when attacking well.

DylBro is a big physical half so when we we do play that power game well, we use his running on the edges and allow Mitch to hold off and kick. Then he can do what he did to Newcastle last week when we get on top.

Moses is fast and he's a lot stronger than he looks but he's not "physical" like a Cleary or even DylBro so you want to set him up to be effective at the right time.

He was great tonight. Even took some hitups when the forwards were dead. If he had Mahoney feeding him rather than Stone and Smith we probably win

GongPanther

Referee
Congrats Penrith. That was a hell of a game.
We gave it all we had.

Now end Melbourne next week.
Cheers Electrica...for a match as tense and as hard fought as that, it would have a bitter pill to swallow for the loser especially for some refereeing decisions that both sides suffered from.

As far as us playing Melbourne is concerned, our defense is getting there, so applying a similar game plan V Storm next week might just do it.

Believe me, Parra played much, much better than I thought they would. Look forwards to next season, your team will still be top 4.

We were beaten....by the side that finished 2nd to our 6th....in a game where we were the comfortable outsider.

I feel like you don't understand what a choke is
Moses controls the side and he was far too conservative and kick happy which cost his team. The choke was directed at him, sorry if it came across like I was aiming it at the team. The forward pack was rock solid.

Still another second week exit and no matter how you slice it, its on the Halfback imo. His pack was strong. No excuses. He just can't ice a big game. You guys got absolutely slammed by Klein too. Absolute incompetence again.