What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SAP58

Juniors
I know he is not Robinson Caruso on this but he needs to improve his defence for mine. Then again the defence coach ( who is he ??? ) needs to implement structures to improve this overall.
I believe Gentle was the defensive coach, it will be interesting if there is a change of assistant coaching staff. Gentle must be struggling to keep his role and Elliott in his interview on the Red V podcast suggested his role at the club was changing.

George Dragon

Juniors
I believe Gentle was the defensive coach, it will be interesting if there is a change of assistant coaching staff. Gentle must be struggling to keep his role and Elliott in his interview on the Red V podcast suggested his role at the club was changing.

Would like to see someone young from outside the club as assistant coach.
I have a fear that Head will be moved up.

Dragon David

First Grade
Would like to see someone young from outside the club as assistant coach.
I have a fear that Head will be moved up.
Same here George. If Griffin wants to win more games than he lost in 2021, he should terminate Gentle and maybe Elliott. Our poor defence let us down in most of last seasons matches and our attack needs much improvement. A Couple of younger guys outside of the club as you say would be good.

BTW, Wikipedia has Aaron Woods playing for us in 2022. Wikipedia have been right with the signings of Burns for last season and Suli having them at the club before being officially announced on the Dragons website.

RedVee

First Grade
Toulouse won today to gain promotion to the ESL, joining Catalans. I hope they stay up for a good while.

Hopefully 2 Super League clubs will help French RL improve, and add a nation to the group that could win a game occasionally.

possm

Coach
I know he is not Robinson Caruso on this but he needs to improve his defence for mine. Then again the defence coach ( who is he ??? ) needs to implement structures to improve this overall.
In my opinion, the Dragons defence did not improve in 2021. It was disorganised and seemed to be not well drilled into the players. So I would suggest we sack Gentle, the assistant coach in charge of defence. Let's find a better defensive coach for 2022W

kit66

Bench
In my opinion, the Dragons defence did not improve in 2021. It was disorganised and seemed to be not well drilled into the players. So I would suggest we sack Gentle, the assistant coach in charge of defence. Let's find a better defensive coach for 2022W

The Dragons didn't do anything good last year and Hook is where the buck stops. Assistant coaches for defence and attack just run drills, teach styles and techniques and put the guys through their paces. The head coach should be defining the defensive and attacking structures he wants, his assistants just implement that. Hook was in his first year and it was a pretty disrupted one for various reasons from Covid to bbq's and suspensions and losing key players at critical times not least of which was Cam McInnes. The most worrying thing for me was the lack of overall improvement over the course of the year of not just the team as a whole but of some individual players we've been counting on to "come good" or "step up". I was also hoping Hook would, if not turn the ship around, at least steady it but that didn't happen.
We've cleared out a lot of dead wood and signed some players that obviously Hook thinks he can work with so it's a really big year for the coach and the team coming up, make or break. Hopefully our kids coming through will be the difference and we have a good year, I mean I can't really see us getting any worse. The most important change will be having a new 5/8 ( or halves combo ) and whether that works or not.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
How good is the Co-op in Kutchan!

I've bought many kooky t-shirts from there.

I've been to Hokkaido many times.

Skied all over the island.

Great powder.

Love the place...
Yep, most consistent powder in the world, its either knee deep, waist deep or you need a snorkel deep!
For me, Teinei and Kokusai around Sapporo were my mountains of choice and out Kutchan way I loved Rusutsu.
Hokkaido in Summer is the best though, cant wait to get back there!

Dragon David

First Grade
The Dragons didn't do anything good last year and Hook is where the buck stops. Assistant coaches for defence and attack just run drills, teach styles and techniques and put the guys through their paces. The head coach should be defining the defensive and attacking structures he wants, his assistants just implement that. Hook was in his first year and it was a pretty disrupted one for various reasons from Covid to bbq's and suspensions and losing key players at critical times not least of which was Cam McInnes. The most worrying thing for me was the lack of overall improvement over the course of the year of not just the team as a whole but of some individual players we've been counting on to "come good" or "step up". I was also hoping Hook would, if not turn the ship around, at least steady it but that didn't happen.
We've cleared out a lot of dead wood and signed some players that obviously Hook thinks he can work with so it's a really big year for the coach and the team coming up, make or break. Hopefully our kids coming through will be the difference and we have a good year, I mean I can't really see us getting any worse. The most important change will be having a new 5/8 ( or halves combo ) and whether that works or not.
Good overall assessment/appraisal kit66.

Latest posts