What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

soc123_au

Staff member
The Closer
Dave Chapelle’s Netflix special

I thought it was f**king hilarious even though cancel culture doesn’t like it
I watched it after reading something about some tranny producer boycotting netflix over it. All the cancel culture idiots crying about it obviously didn't watch it until the end. If they did then they are so wrapped up in their self importance and need for the world to celebrate that they suck dick that they deserve to be ridiculed.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I watched it after reading something about some tranny producer boycotting netflix over it. All the cancel culture idiots crying about it obviously didn't watch it until the end. If they did then they are so wrapped up in their self importance and need for the world to celebrate that they suck dick that they deserve to be ridiculed.

They kinda proved the points he was making

EDIT:

This sums up how out of touch critics can be

6f95b4b1965af6675dbb181ea049228b2e34ad49626310530faf17a0d71b19ff_1.webp

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Finished Squid Game last week, started Alice in Borderland this week. Two episodes in, looks good so far.

I couldn't get into Alice in Borderland which made me put off Squid Game for a while as I thought it would be similar... Enjoyed Squid Game a lot more. Powerful stuff...

Vic Mackey

Referee
A little bit but he goes deeper and call out the hypocrisy of SJW

I think they’ll still hate him
If anything he’s made more enemies
He even had a subtle dig at apartheid Israel

I love Dave, he’s like South Park in that he goes after everyone equally or whoever deserves it, even when it goes against everything the mainstream media/culture want these days.

‘The white gays love being gay, until they need to be white again’ 😂

bileduct

Coach
Anyone watched Clickbait yet the new one with Adrian Grenier and have any thoughts on it?

Its on my list for when I run out of Animal Kingdom and Billions episodes

Holy shit, someone recommended this to me and I'm wondering if they were taking the piss. I've only seen the first two episodes and it has to have some of the worst writing and acting I've seen in a tv show.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep the eerie ness and the isolation of the place, have you notice that one of the actors is Henry Thomas the kid from ET (I don’t know what to say but it gets better every episode.)

gotta be honest I thought it petered out

The first 3 episodes I loved then I thought it lost its way. A lot of long one on one conversations that went nowhere. Riley was a pussy, boring character and I thought him taking Erin out on a boat into the middle of the ocean, declaring his love for her then getting burnt to death by the sun right in front of her was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen, I completely cracked up. It was meant to be a shock and a hugely emotional science yet I pissed myself laughing

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I couldn't get into Alice in Borderland which made me put off Squid Game for a while as I thought it would be similar... Enjoyed Squid Game a lot more. Powerful stuff...

What was wrong with Alice in Borderland. I'm getting a push to watch it. Haven't bit the bullet yet.

bileduct

Coach

Yeah, I liked how that dude was saying "I don't want to cancel Dave Chappelle, I just wish there were more people like me at Netflix that could cancel Dave Chappelle."

Matua

Bench
So after watching The Closer I must say I was disappointed with it as a comedy special and it didn't appear to go "deeper and call out the hypocrisy of SJW" as Game Breaker suggested it did.

I thought it was easily the weakest of his Netflix comedy specials (I'm discounting his SJW special in support of BLM as that wasn't really comedy) and it retread over a lot of what the previous ones did but was just not as good.

All the top comedians have done "we're not allowed to say this, then said this" specials in the last few years, most have been good (even Joe Rogans was somewhat good, it's like his stand up persona is different than his podcast personal) and Dave has already done a far superior one so not sure why he did it again. It's time for the industry to move on unless the aim is just to perpetuate the cycle as it's good for business.

You could predict the conclusion of his final story the moment he started speaking about it so that may have lessened the impact of it a bit.

I'm not trans so nothing in it offended me personally, but I have no issue with trans people being offended by it. Dave is in no danger of being cancelled, and this special earned him big bucks.

He's still the GOAT comedian though. I watch the Chappelle Show and his other specials regularly as wind down shows at night, but doubt I'll revisit this one often.

Not Dave Chappelle's best but he's a legend and I could hear what he was saying.

The photos in the end credits were awesome.

The final frame that said "For Norm" killed me 😪😪😪

mongoose

Coach
The latest Dave Chappelle special wasn't his funniest but it clearly wasn't meant to be constant back to back jokes. I would say a lot of people agree with his views on gender, i would bet more than half the population... I don't think he says anything hateful towards them.

South Park has been vicious against transgenderism in some eps, surprised that hasn't been cancelled.

soc123_au

Staff member
Alice in Borderland. I thought it was better than Squid Games, which I also enjoyed.

The first episode was a bit "meh" and I wasn't going to bother going any further with it, but I was too lazy to reach for the remote to flick it. It starts to build after that and by the end of the 3rd ep I was digging it. Very much looking forward to the next season.

I would happily suck lolly pop girls dick, ha ha

mongoose

Coach
Midnight Mass - decent, has a pretty good story - very stephen king. A few too many long boring monologues and church hymns though....

I was frustrated nobody in the entire show called out the most obvious thing, it's a f**king VAMPIRE!

soc123_au

Staff member
Just finished the marble episode in squid game

I think I need 7 years of therapy
It was pretty f**ked up. Ha ha.

Have you seen Alice in Borderland yet? There is a similar game in that, that makes the marble game mild in comparison. Not the game itself, more the results.