What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunia Turuva (Tito)

Nutz

Bench
A signing that cannot be faulted.

1. We got him at a decent price. Penrith offered 350k, we got him at 450k...we would always have to pay overs to get him.
2. Very good fullback deputy.
3. Excellent winger who is good for meterage.
Is he Fijian heritage?

The Rosco

Bench
How Good ? X500 How Good ?
You know what I love the most ? We sign Tito . . who will fit in beautifully alongside Api, Jerome, Justin and Bula . . . and Parra sign Lomax to join the band of the biggest pricks in the game... Gutho, Moses and Catterson.
That, and St george thought they were a lock to replace Lomax with Turuva. :D
Every time I hear the name "Turuva", I start humming the Beach Boy's song "Kokomo".
Turuva, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take you . . .

Kilkenny

Coach
Terrific player, terrific clubman and terrific person.

What more can you really, a bit of a steal and personally Im really disappointed to see him leave.

I think we could or should have done more to keep him and I fully understand our clubs position given there are ready made replacements ready to fill the void.

I just get tired of the local junior exits, you watch them come thru the junior ranks, schoolboy football, get them to NRL and then they get poached or due to cap restraints cant retain them.

I wish him well, I think he will be an outstanding player for the Tigers and I wouldn’t discount him putting pressure on your incumbent fullback, he is a very good fullback Which is his best position.

Tigerm

First Grade
A signing that cannot be faulted.

1. We got him at a decent price. Penrith offered 350k, we got him at 450k...we would always have to pay overs to get him.
2. Very good fullback deputy.
3. Excellent winger who is good for meterage.
Penrith are a surprise, they've just lost Fisher Harris & Luai, for somewhere around $1.5m/season plus a few others, and they couldn't afford to give this kid a bit more?
Obviously don't know if he wanted to stay at the club, but it's got to be putting pressure on there depth?

Tigerm

First Grade

What more can you really, a bit of a steal and personally Im really disappointed to see him leave.

I think we could or should have done more to keep him and I fully understand our clubs position given there are ready made replacements ready to fill the void.

I just get tired of the local junior exits, you watch them come thru the junior ranks, schoolboy football, get them to NRL and then they get poached or due to cap restraints cant retain them.

I wish him well, I think he will be an outstanding player for the Tigers and I wouldn’t discount him putting pressure on your incumbent fullback, he is a very good fullback Which is his best position.
I just made a comment about this above, your club has just lost probably around $1.5m for Luai & Fish from next year, surely they could have found a bit more for this kid, if he was worth it? Unless he didn't want to stay?

Nutz

Bench

I do feel for you guys, take sympathy from here when you can get it ;) ha ha.
If the NRL were to exempt juniors from full cap then clubs with huge nurseries like Penrith and West Tigers would be the powerhouses of the NRL whilst clubs like the rorters would struggle.
Powerhouse clubs have been poaching both Balmain and Western Suburbs young guns since Adam wore nappies.

The Rosco

Bench

K, appreciate the words. If nothing else mate, you'd have to feel good that he's come to us, and not saints or parra.
If that doesn't make you feel good, please don't come back to our forum ever. ;)

Wizardman

First Grade
My moneys on a backflip before the 10days is over
Let me give you a little tip on trolling.

The best time to troll an opposing team is when your own team is clearly doing better than the one you are trolling.

With the directions our two clubs are travelling, your words carry f**k all weight and sting. You kinda look like the trackhead you truly are.

Let us make a pride bet on the accuracy of your post. If I lose and he backflips, I'll never post in the LU WT forum ever again. If you lose and he doesn't backflip, never come the f**k back into the LU WT forum again. Deal?

WA Tiger

Bench
Turuva s signing is “shocking” as in Wow!! maybe more so than Luai considering the $ Luai was paid and that SG looked like a shoe in for him. May there be more signings of similar stature in future with less levels of “shocking” perhaps
API’s signing was critical for WT

Last edited:
This came out of no where in a good way. No leaks. No drawn out saga. Just popped up one day as done. Go back 3 days and it wasn’t even on anyone’s radar.

Just need 2-3 forwards for next year imo. Klem is on his last legs and a few guys getting 20+ games a year shouldn’t be playing that many.

Nutz

Bench
This came out of no where in a good way. No leaks. No drawn out saga. Just popped up one day as done. Go back 3 days and it wasn’t even on anyone’s radar.

Just need 2-3 forwards for next year imo. Klem is on his last legs and a few guys getting 20+ games a year shouldn’t be playing that many.
Totally agree. We need more NRL standard footy players, not reserve graders.

WA Tiger

Bench
Turuva s signing is “shocking” as in Wow!! maybe more so than Luai considering the $ Luai was paid and that SG looked like a shoe in for him. May there be more signings of similar stature in future with less levels of “shocking” perhaps
API’s signing was critical for WT
More seriously Good luck for Benji..

It could be worse. He could be going to the Roosters, Storm, or Broncos.

Penrith need to get on the blower to Ian Schubert and learn how to 'manage' their salary cap more effectively.

Refreshing isn't it?

1. We picked up a bloody good player at the right price
2. It wasn't leaked all over the media, potentially scuppering the deal.
3. The self-absorbed, ego-driven, leakers are long gone and the parasites can no longer f**k the club they were employed to help and improve

Last edited:

Latest posts